The snowpacolypse is coming to Georgia

Not that they would really remember. Maybe my oldest. She would have been 5 at the time. But the middle would have only been 2, and the youngest not even born yet.

Don't feel bad for any of you, DC still has 30 inches to go, to beat what we got last year. :D

Braggart!

And we haven't had any snow this month! ;)

So have rooves started collapsing yet?

Don't know of any rooves cavin' in but we'uns had some them thar roofs come down.

I don't know why I spelled it that way?? :lol:

Last year we had many that caved in. One grocery store did while open, luckly no one was hurt.

( I had to edit this, because instead of writing "spelled" I wrote " slepped") :lol:

Last edited:
And we haven't had any snow this month! ;)

So have rooves started collapsing yet?

Don't know of any rooves cavin' in but we'uns had some them thar roofs come down.

I don't know why I slepped it that way?? :lol:

Last year we had many that caved in. One grocery store did while open, luckly no one was hurt.

I think our collapses have been mostly commercial including a hanger at Dulles Airport. I know of at least one 2 hundred year old church that was crushed, luckily the pastor had just left the building and no one else was inside.

No schools in metro are closed so far (other than Douglas County). Much to my children's chagrin.

This is what's on our district web page:

The school district is monitoring a weather system expected to bring snow to the metro Atlanta area on Friday, February 12th. At this time, schools will remain open and on their normal schedules on Friday. If snow accumulation threatens road conditions, school may be dismissed early. Any announcement about early dismissal will be made by late morning, along with information about after-school programs and activities, and will be posted online, broadcast through the local television, radio and newspaper media, and delivered in an automated phone call. Check back for more updates.

I think my kids are taking a sickie today anyway. One has a cold and the other had a really bad headache when they went to bed. Snow is supposed to crank up here around 9:00 am anyway, and I don't care to drive 25 miles (in the snow, on untreated back country roads) to go pick them up at noon after dropping them off at 8:15.

So long school.. Excused absence. :D

Last edited:
o come on them people dont have mal for clothes etc...nor are their houses well insulated...nor do they have the equipment to deal with snow....

they will do stupid things....fires will result...deaths will happen all due to what...3 inches of snow???

radio i hope the kids enjoy the snow...i hope they get to see it...you realize we are only a few hours drive north and they will see snow..lots of snow

o come on them people dont have mal for clothes etc...nor are their houses well insulated...nor do they have the equipment to deal with snow....

they will do stupid things....fires will result...deaths will happen all due to what...3 inches of snow???

radio i hope the kids enjoy the snow...i hope they get to see it...you realize we are only a few hours drive north and they will see snow..lots of snow

Sure we have equipment to clear the roads! We have ONE SNOW PLOW....they keep it in a special shed and bring it out every now and then to wash, dry and but it back in the shed.

See how purty our ONE plow is? :D
gdot_1007_3_369126g.jpg

As for the clothes...yep...we don't got 'em. We wear socks on our hands for mittens. Hoodies under wind breakers for coats and hats and you can't find a snow boot within 150 miles of Atlanta.

So.....we send our kids to school in this shiznit on buses driving on roads that one snow plow hasn't gotten to yet, in clothes they're gonna freeze to death in and ....that's supposed to be cool?

Our district superintendant also opened the schools in the day of a hurricaine (and closed them right at the worst part of the storm), kept schools open in September during our torrential rains and flooding (my car almost got washed away with us in it while driving to school), and now the dork wants to wait until "mid day" when the snow should really get rocking to decide to close schools?

His latest boodoggle? He's furloughing our teachers for 3 days, while spending $40 million to out astro-turf on ALL 16 high school football fields. WHAT AN ASS.

I'm sorry, I don't trust his judgement with MY kids lives anymore. Hell, I don't trust his judgement period. He's an idiot and a fool.

WHAT A DUMBASS!!!

Last edited:
Okie dokie....11:30 and no Snowpacolypse. Just cold, cloudy and....nothing coming from the sky. Not even any unidentifiable white shit.

Hmmmm. :eusa_think:

Maybe Superintendant was smart this time? Nah....never happpens. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back