The ‘smoking gun’ proving North Carolina Republicans tried to disenfranchise black voters

The North Carolina law said a college issued ID was unacceptable but a state issued CCW was..

That's not racist, that is just biased against college kids going to a southern school on mommy's dime that live in the blue states.

Students are still residents of the state.

Not if they maintain a residence in another. At that point they have to choose.

This is more of a concern in local elections, where the issue is why should someone on a 4 year visit get to decide things that impact people who have lived there and will live at a location for decades?

If they're just voting in the general how would that change anything?

poor blacks, they are so disenfranchised
Without IDs that means no gov welfare, electricity, write checks, use credit cards, get loans, get alcohol or tobacco, get insurance for a car etc etc etc
How do they get by? :dunno:

The North Carolina law said a college issued ID was unacceptable but a state issued CCW was..

That's not racist, that is just biased against college kids going to a southern school on mommy's dime that live in the blue states.

This is more of a concern in local elections, where the issue is why should someone on a 4 year visit get to decide things that impact people who have lived there and will live at a location for decades?

If they are from another State it changes things with regards to president, US senate and governor elections.If they are from another congressional district in changes things in the House as well.

If they are from another State it changes things with regards to president, US senate and governor elections.If they are from another congressional district in changes things in the House as well.

If they just had a general election ballot, they only vote for president. That has nothing to do with Congress. The issue was not permitting students to use their student ID to vote, not whether they could vote. Obviously NC allows them to vote.

First, out of State Students are not considered residents of the State, ask any college student about the hoops you have to jump through and the time it take to qualify for in-state tuition.

Secondly, students who travel normally would not meet the residency requirements for college away from home.

I don't live in North Carolina, but I have had two children go though school. We live in Yorktown, VA - my daughter when to college in Harrisonburg, VA. Her home address was Yorktown even though she lived in the Dorm at college during her Freshman and Sophomore years. We ensure she knew she need to get an absentee ballot before she left. The Dorm is not a permanent address as you can't stay there year round. They kick you out during breaks and over the summer.

Now during her Junior and Senior years, she rented an apartment and so could have registered in the local area if she wanted.

What is the big deal about college students voting absentee like members of the Military. Voted that way for 20 years and never missed an election.

>>>>

I'm not talking about tuition. I'm talking about being a legal resident of the state for voting purposes. Elections are generally held in November during the school year. There is no reason they should not be able to vote locally using their school ID. If the state has concerns with them voting on local issues, then maybe just give them a ballot for the general. Putting hurdles in place is not the answer.

Why should non-residents vote locally, they should vote in the locality where they are a resident.

>>>>

Voter registration isn't segregated into local, state, and federal. There is on registration for all three and normally you have to meet residency requirements to register.

>>>>

If they just had a general election ballot, they only vote for president. That has nothing to do with Congress. The issue was not permitting students to use their student ID to vote, not whether they could vote. Obviously NC allows them to vote.

There is no ballot where "they only vote for president". Ballots include all elections - local, state, and federal.

>>>>

There is no ballot where "they only vote for president". Ballots include all elections - local, state, and federal.

>>>>

The concern I responded to was students voting in local elections. I suggested that as a solution to that supposed problem. They could certainly make that a reality if they wished.

First, out of State Students are not considered residents of the State, ask any college student about the hoops you have to jump through and the time it take to qualify for in-state tuition.

Secondly, students who travel normally would not meet the residency requirements for college away from home.

I don't live in North Carolina, but I have had two children go though school. We live in Yorktown, VA - my daughter when to college in Harrisonburg, VA. Her home address was Yorktown even though she lived in the Dorm at college during her Freshman and Sophomore years. We ensure she knew she need to get an absentee ballot before she left. The Dorm is not a permanent address as you can't stay there year round. They kick you out during breaks and over the summer.

Now during her Junior and Senior years, she rented an apartment and so could have registered in the local area if she wanted.

What is the big deal about college students voting absentee like members of the Military. Voted that way for 20 years and never missed an election.

>>>>

I'm not talking about tuition. I'm talking about being a legal resident of the state for voting purposes. Elections are generally held in November during the school year. There is no reason they should not be able to vote locally using their school ID. If the state has concerns with them voting on local issues, then maybe just give them a ballot for the general. Putting hurdles in place is not the answer.

Why should non-residents vote locally, they should vote in the locality where they are a resident.

>>>>

You don't read well. The issue wasn't whether or not students could or should vote, it was that they were not permitted to use their student ID to do so. That means they are able to register and vote but need a separate ID to do so.

You don't read well. The issue wasn't whether or not students could or should vote, it was that they were not permitted to use their student ID to do so. That means they are able to register and vote but need a separate ID to do so.

I don't have an issue with students using student ID's to vote if...
  • At the time the ID was issued the student presents paperwork showing their citizen, and
  • At the time the ID was issued the student presents paperwork showing their residency, and
  • The ID shows citizenship and location of residency.
Why someone who is a resident of North Carolina or a foreign student from Japan can use a Student ID to vote would escape me.

>>>>

To get rid of all the voter fraud the US needs to make voter fraud punishable by a mandatory death penalty.

Tipping your hand on your whiny excuse for losing in November?

"WE LOST DUE TO VOTER FRAUD!"

While everyone knows you will lose cause you nominated a Psychopath.
Trump is going win. Many Democrats are pissed off because Crooked Hillary fixed the election.

Also, Assange hates Crooked Hillary. He is going to keep leaking documents piecemeal.

A while back 3 Obama campaign workers from New York and California got caught voting here in Ohio. They were found guilty and received small fines. That is not nearly enough punishment especially since the odds of getting caught are very slim. However I don't think anyone is going risk their life to commit voter fraud. The only reason Democrats are against voter ID is because they know Democrats are very dishonest people and much more likely to cast illegal votes.

JimH52, You are not laughing anymore, jackass.

Why don't you just admit that the primary reason US Democratic party (AKA jackass party, AKA Party of Slavery) apologists such as yourself do not want an investigation into voter fraud is because you know that fraudulent voters overwhelmingly vote Democrat?

To get rid of all the voter fraud the US needs to make voter fraud punishable by a mandatory death penalty.

Trump is going win. Many Democrats are pissed off because Crooked Hillary fixed the election.

Also, Assange hates Crooked Hillary. He is going to keep leaking documents piecemeal.

A while back 3 Obama campaign workers from New York and California got caught voting here in Ohio. They were found guilty and received small fines. That is not nearly enough punishment especially since the odds of getting caught are very slim. However I don't think anyone is going risk their life to commit voter fraud. The only reason Democrats are against voter ID is because they know Democrats are very dishonest people and much more likely to cast illegal votes.

Why don't you just admit that the primary reason US Democratic party (AKA jackass party, AKA Party of Slavery) apologists such as yourself do not want an investigation into voter fraud is because you know that fraudulent voters overwhelmingly vote Democrat?
What makes you claim that fraudulent voters overwhelmingly vote Democrat? There is absolutely no proof of that, NONE, ZERO, ZIP, NOTHING at all...but in your own, and other right wingers, heads.....

the only case of fraudulent voting that's been posted here on USMB was for a Hispanic illegal immigrant woman in Texas and she was registered as a Republican and voted in the REPUBLICAN Primary.

:cuckoo:

What makes you claim that fraudulent voters overwhelmingly vote Democrat? There is absolutely no proof of that, NONE, ZERO, ZIP, NOTHING at all...but in your own, and other right wingers, heads.....

the only case of fraudulent voting that's been posted here on USMB was for a Hispanic illegal immigrant woman in Texas and she was registered as a Republican and voted in the REPUBLICAN Primary.

:cuckoo:
You are so full of shit that it's oozing out of every pore of your party of slavery apologist body.

In post #94 of this very thread I informed you of 3 Obama campaign workers from New York and California getting busted trying to illegally vote here in Toledo, Ohio. The only reason they even got busted was because the perps used the local scumbag HQ (which was literally within eyesight of the polling location) as their place of residence on the fraudulent ballots.

In other words, you are lying AGAIN!

Care4All, did it ever once cross your mind that if you must lie to yourself in order to justify your political viewpoints, then it may be wiser and infinitely easier to change those viewpoints rather than take on some gargantuan and futile task of trying to change the facts?

THINK!

Forum List

Back