The smell of forest fires in the morning!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
YOu know it is August here when you get the faint smell of forest fires. Right now there is a fire about ten, fifteen miles from my house I am guessing by how strong the smell is.
They did say fire season would be bad this year from all the over growth from our bad winter.

Oh! I am not worried, I live in the middle of the neighborhood and they cut down all the pine trees on this side of the road years ago. I just live about two minutes away from forest land and I think the fire is out by this lake that is a very wooded area and has a fire almost every year out there.
I think I heard the water plane or whatever you call them go by just a minute ago.

what i hate is most fires are set.....how sad is that.....good luck with this and take the advice to be ready to move out if needed...get the animal crates out and pack a box of the non replaceable stuff....sure you may feel sillie if the fire doesnt hit but if it doesn....get all your papers together..and a word....you can put stuff in the freezer and noramally it will make it.

I have lived here most of my life and had many fires around my neighborhood, the area is way to green for a forest fire to go through it and especially reach my house. They just always go through the area that borders the neighborhood and the mountain/hills that surround the area.

what i hate is most fires are set.....how sad is that.....good luck with this and take the advice to be ready to move out if needed...get the animal crates out and pack a box of the non replaceable stuff....sure you may feel sillie if the fire doesnt hit but if it doesn....get all your papers together..and a word....you can put stuff in the freezer and noramally it will make it.
that is a good idea on the refridgerator. When I was little my old house actually caught on fire and damaged the attic and whole up stairs but it was the fireplace. My parents bought the house in August brand new and it caught on fire on CHristmas day because the chimmney was built wrong.

Forum List

Back