The slut gene

Sheldon

Apr 2, 2010
Do You Have the Slutty Gene?

According to research by Justin Garcia, of Binghamton University, State University of New York, the dopamine receptor gene DRD4 is connected to promiscuous behavior, and people with the gene "were more likely to have a history of uncommitted sex, including one-night stands and acts of infidelity." So, yes, now you can officially blame that one time with the woman from the juice bar on your genes, and not on the fact that you are a cheating slut. (This is called scientific progress!)

DRD4, of course, is the "thrill-seeking" gene, which means that it's also the "loving horror movies" gene, and, less charmingly, the "gambling addiction" gene. And, of course, the "politically liberal" gene. So, really, DRD4 isn't just the slutty gene: It's the awesome gene.​

Cool story.

I dont trust all these "gene" studies.

Im just waiting for them to corall the "anger" gene and make it illegal.

If I go play the field a bit I guess I can just blame it on my genes now.... Thats gonna go over great with my wife.
th57B5300E5852435A.gif

She will suddenly be infested with the "murder gene"
:eek:

th2E0088686428B1B1-1.gif

Last edited:
Do You Have the Slutty Gene?

According to research by Justin Garcia, of Binghamton University, State University of New York, the dopamine receptor gene DRD4 is connected to promiscuous behavior, and people with the gene "were more likely to have a history of uncommitted sex, including one-night stands and acts of infidelity." So, yes, now you can officially blame that one time with the woman from the juice bar on your genes, and not on the fact that you are a cheating slut. (This is called scientific progress!)

DRD4, of course, is the "thrill-seeking" gene, which means that it's also the "loving horror movies" gene, and, less charmingly, the "gambling addiction" gene. And, of course, the "politically liberal" gene. So, really, DRD4 isn't just the slutty gene: It's the awesome gene.​

Cool story.

I......oh never mind.

As we continue to un-code the genome, we are going to find genetic explanations for virtually everything.

It shouldn't be terribly surprising. It's like finding the blueprints to a building and examining every crossbeam.

Brave New World.

Forum List

Back