The Slaves The Yankees Fought For Were The So Called White Ones

Anyone Notice how the Old Church Anglicans/Presbyterians got persecuted, they were a brunt target in the war. Southern Churches get burned or sold from these denominations. They talk about relations between Government and these Churches. Now all they are trying to do is erase history, that's all they're doing. If the Pope loses a battle he wouldn't become Not-Catholic? Or the Anti-Pope? Nobody would have any history wih the Methodist/Baptists from 1830 growing three or four times. That'd be like I just found some tent Revival.

Anyone Notice how the Old Church Anglicans/Presbyterians got persecuted, they were a brunt target in the war. Southern Churches get burned or sold from these denominations. They talk about relations between Government and these Churches. Now all they are trying to do is erase history, that's all they're doing. If the Pope loses a battle he wouldn't become Not-Catholic? Or the Anti-Pope? Nobody would have any history wih the Methodist/Baptists from 1830 growing three or four times. That'd be like I just found some tent Revival.
Losing has consequences..and given the history of those churches..regarding human bondage, I'd say they got their just deserts.

Last edited:
Persecuted? These churches were the backbone in teaching the belief that god wanted Blacks to be enslaved. They got way less than they deserved.

Not sure what that has to do with my point but I believe you.
Read it.

No, you posted no link to yours.
Why dont you point out the relevant part. Its not even the same document I posted. I posted a bulletin. You posted their platform. What are you trying to say?
Where is your link?
On the internet. Now please explain why you think posting their platform instead of that bulletin is relevant?
As I thought..

All these Churches did was pin their hopes on a new Government. It was a New Government and British Governments Rose all the time with Protestant Churches. Protestant Churches allied with rebellion-Governments. Eventually Catholic Kings were outlawed from Britain. The traditional model of a Clergy Monitoring and Interacting with Government would have been in effect.

In fact what does anybody really Monitor? We can go to Michigan and see that the CHurches say "not telling anybody to dance, sin , or own slaves". That is the comparative lax attitude to the Baptist position split, which was, the Southern Baptist Allowed slave owners to attend and be ministers, the original Northern did not. The Old Church split when military orders were issued. The Southern churches disobeyed congregational loyalty orders at the war's outbreak.

Last edited:
Not sure what that has to do with my point but I believe you.
Read it.

No, you posted no link to yours.
Why dont you point out the relevant part. Its not even the same document I posted. I posted a bulletin. You posted their platform. What are you trying to say?
Where is your link?
On the internet. Now please explain why you think posting their platform instead of that bulletin is relevant?
As I thought..
So you have no reason for posting something that had no relevancy to what I am talking about?

Well hey, anyway, you guys might as well be right, I guess they're all getting strangled with this. No slavery didn't hurt these guys, they got 8 million followers, Anglicans affected politics for Britain, Churchill and Roosevelt Anglicans, there were 7 million Presbyterians in 1910 or 1950. Again, this precipitous decline to total extinction with no clear end in sight we can Pretty much deduce to a Very Recent political and public climate. They can't carry the name Presbyterian in United Kingdom controlled countries unless , what is it? The United Church of Canada or Uniting Church in Australia? They split off the denominations. This will all extinct , nobody will make a note.

I hear alot of times that the north fought to free the enslaved in the Civil War. What they dont tell you is the so called "white slaves" werent really white. They were biracial children with Black mothers. It was a marketing job done on whites to get them outraged and against slavery as a whole.

All these children are biracial

1*C8pr7_IFORoG9d2h4ozAtA.gif

"That slavery is right, natural, and necessary and does not depend upon the difference of complexion. The laws of slave states justify the holding of white men in bondage."

whiteslavery1280333332-1-gif.png
So you now agree Obama is a white man.

I hear alot of times that the north fought to free the enslaved in the Civil War. What they dont tell you is the so called "white slaves" werent really white. They were biracial children with Black mothers. It was a marketing job done on whites to get them outraged and against slavery as a whole.

"That slavery is right, natural, and necessary and does not depend upon the difference of complexion. The laws of slave states justify the holding of white men in bondage."

Obama is Black. If you dont believe me ask him.

Obama has said he is black.

Not really white not really black

What makes a person black or white?

Is it the color of their skin or what they call themselves

IF one parent is white and the other black or whatever race or color, what does that make them

I have know people who look white and if they don't say a word they can get away with it

Still slavery was an issue and a catalyst for being divided but to put your life on the line requires a little bit more.

I believe that those who fought the civil war were 1 either doing their job in a civil war to bring the south back into the fold (patriotic duty)or 2 fighting to because they were from the south and felt a patriotic duty to the South. Slavery might have been the catalyst but I believe very few really fought because of slavery.

"What makes a person black or white?"

Genetics and self identity. You have to have both.
The real question is relevancy. I am mildly amused at all the hoopla dating back 100+ years. I get it..there is some power there..for some.

To be mired in the past is to strangle your future. IMO.

July 4th,1776 is in the past.

While the racist attitudes of the past exist today.

IF one parent is white and the other black or whatever race or color, what does that make them

I have know people who look white and if they don't say a word they can get away with it

Still slavery was an issue and a catalyst for being divided but to put your life on the line requires a little bit more.

I believe that those who fought the civil war were 1 either doing their job in a civil war to bring the south back into the fold (patriotic duty)or 2 fighting to because they were from the south and felt a patriotic duty to the South. Slavery might have been the catalyst but I believe very few really fought because of slavery.

The real question is relevancy. I am mildly amused at all the hoopla dating back 100+ years. I get it..there is some power there..for some.

You see, IM2, maybe you are hanging with the wrong people...

The whole thing was a scam.

Racist Lincoln needed to maintain support for the war.

It's shameful.

You see, IM2, maybe you are hanging with the wrong people...

No, whites are racist nation wide. The same attitudes that existed in 1776 exist in about 1/3 of all whites today according to Pew Research.

Forum List

Back