The Sky is Falling...!! and you global warming supporters..Ha..ha..ha....!

It's amazing.

50 years ago, every high school kid knew that glaciers advance and recede, ice breaks off and icebergs are formed, polar bears leave an area after they find less food to go to an area where there is more, sunspots and solar radiation controls much of our climate, and the oceans absorb atmospheric CO2. Now, people think it's SUVs. Yeah, our education system is working well isn't it.

It's amazing.

50 years ago, every high school kid knew that glaciers advance and recede, ice breaks off and icebergs are formed, polar bears leave an area after they find less food to go to an area where there is more, sunspots and solar radiation controls much of our climate, and the oceans absorb atmospheric CO2. Now, people think it's SUVs. Yeah, our education system is working well isn't it.
advancing and receding are different from melting and disappearing. guess you didnt pay attention all that well back in school..

the 25% of CO2 is converted back to oxygen by plants through photosynthesis. but with the deforestation of the world, CO2 level are rising.
another 25% is absorbed by the ocean,
The Ocean Carbon Cycle | Harvard Magazine Nov-Dec 2002
"The ocean absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere in an attempt to reach equilibrium by direct air-to-sea exchange. This process takes place at an extremely low rate, measured in hundreds to thousands of years. However, once dissolved in the ocean, a carbon atom will stay there, on average, more than 500 years, estimates Michael McElroy, Butler professor of environmental science."

where do you think the other 50% currently goes?
your education level on this subject is sorely lacking.

It's amazing.

advancing and receding are different from melting and disappearing. guess you didnt pay attention all that well back in school..

the 25% of CO2 is converted back to oxygen by plants through photosynthesis. but with the deforestation of the world, CO2 level are rising.
another 25% is absorbed by the ocean,
The Ocean Carbon Cycle | Harvard Magazine Nov-Dec 2002
"The ocean absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere in an attempt to reach equilibrium by direct air-to-sea exchange. This process takes place at an extremely low rate, measured in hundreds to thousands of years. However, once dissolved in the ocean, a carbon atom will stay there, on average, more than 500 years, estimates Michael McElroy, Butler professor of environmental science."

where do you think the other 50% currently goes?
your education level on this subject is sorely lacking.

You are drinking too much kool aid.

How do you think glaciers recede? Do they crawl back? Slide back? Fall back? No, they melt. Not only did I pay attention in school but my school taught me critical thinking skills, Apperently yours didn't.

If Man-made global warming was real, why the need for the fraud, coercion and cover-up? Wouldn't the science speak for itself? Why would there be a need for the powers that be to come out and say "The science is settled!" when any good scientist knws that science is NEVER settled.

AGW alarmists and the phoney scientists who support it are cherry-picking the data. It has been proven many many times. The report icecaps and glaciers that are shrinking and ignore the ones that are growing, the report the dropping populations od polar bears in one place and ignore the population increase in other places.

It's a scam, plain and simple.

find us all a reputable link with overwhelming evidence that disproves climate change...

Ooooooops!! Another goofball who isnt doing it right.

Ummm.........you got the shoe on the wrong foot s0n!!! The alarmist assholes cant PROVE Climate Change is man made, and thats why in 2012, all efforts to provide carbon caps are as dead as a doornail.

It took a few years but the majority of the public finally caught on that following the hsyterics of the alarmist k00ks was going to slam them in thier wallets and said, "FUCK YOU!!".........and I've been laughing my balls off ever since.:fu:

The fact is......nobody cares about the "consensus" in any meaningful way. The whole term "consensus" has now become nothing more than a talking point for the k00ks only in the nether-regions of the internet.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet...............the president didnt even mention climate change in his SOTU address last month. Its election year.............he doesnt want to look like a wingnut in front of 50 million people.:eusa_dance:

If Man-made global warming was real, why the need for the fraud, coercion and cover-up? Wouldn't the science speak for itself? Why would there be a need for the powers that be to come out and say "The science is settled!" when any good scientist knws that science is NEVER settled.

AGW alarmists and the phoney scientists who support it are cherry-picking the data. It has been proven many many times. The report icecaps and glaciers that are shrinking and ignore the ones that are growing, the report the dropping populations od polar bears in one place and ignore the population increase in other places.

It's a scam, plain and simple.
the only ones calling it a scam are the GOP from the US. do your research again, that is if you have done any at all.

84% of climate scientists world wide believe climate change poses a severe risk to the earth.

find us all a reputable link with overwhelming evidence that disproves climate change...
Are you really that scientifically illiterate?

Few people, if any, are claiming there is no climate change.

Many, however, dispute that man's activities are causing it.

Those who make the dispute are under no obligation to prove anything. It's up to the AGW crowd to prove their claims.

And since they have to resort to cherrypicking data, distorting data, falsifying data, and altering data to fit the model, they obviously are unable to prove their claims.

I'll be the first to admit that the Earth is getting warmer. 1 degree over the last 100 years is an increase. What I dispute is that it's caused by man, there are theories that it has been caused by increased sunspot activity. Truth is, I don't know, and neither does anybody else.

Now, if it is caused by man, what purpose does it serve to hamstring our own economy with the Kyoto agreement when the 2 biggest emitters of greenhouse gases, China and India, are not required to reduce THEIR emissions?

And if Al Gore is so damned certain the oceans are going to rise, why did he just buy a beachfront mansion in Ca.?
100502-gore-house3.jpg

100502-gore-house5.jpg

100502-gore-house2.jpg

100502-gore-house12.jpg

100502-gore-house8.jpg

100502-gore-house11.jpg

Ooooooooo how little YOU know...by your own admittance..Pinie.Firstly China and India buy our coal and mining products and part of our TRADE AGREEMENT,China and India are now in the process of reducing their carbon emmissions THIS IS FACT(MORE THAN CAN BE SAID OF THE USA) your reasoning (NOT FORGETTING YOU HAVE BEEN THE WORLDS BIGGEST POLLUTER and are probably 3rd at present.........funny how you are only pointing out the two largest world emerging powers and economies......yet overlook your horrendous past and present...but this is TYPICAL of the BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND MENTALITY).....but with you,its all about what it costs you to improve or do something positive in this regard....in other word YOU ARE TIGHT ASSES(Australian for tight fisted).

Australia have a Carbon Tax in Law.......we are responsible and forward thinking.....we can see clearly now as always.

We are a massive exporter of raw materials but are advocates of our clients as part of any trade agreement to do their responsible part of reducing emmissions.

Your comment tells it all "What purpose does it serve to hamstring OUR ecomony"but be careful in your statements......you purchase so much from China and it is YOUR VERY NEED FOR CHEAP GOODS (and not supporting American made products)that is contributing to China's emmissions...but you claim it is them and somehow not America that is the problem........any thinking person knows of course that is BULLSHIT.

I suggest you start growing trees(which some on here laugh at)well for your and their information Trees are almost 50% CARBON and a renewable resourse,great prouduct for many reasons,too numerous to mention here...and it looks beautiful.

Your comments prove like many,you just run with sound bites and not have any substance to your mental reasoning on this and probably many subjects to be frank....it's a habit too many on here adhere too.........and it's often excruciating to read.

I'm theliq....ever living,ever faithful (to the truth) and ever sure.Have a great day:cool: AS A NONE SIGNATORY TO KYOTO WHY WOULD YOU MENTION OTHERS AND NOT CAST YOURSELVES(USA) IN THE SAME NEGATIVE LIGHT.

Last edited:
The sky is falling… sort of. Over the last 10 years, the height of clouds has been shrinking, according to new research.

it could have an important effect on global climate change.
Clouds that are lower in the atmosphere would allow Earth to cool more efficiently, potentially offsetting some of the warming caused by greenhouse gases.

Shrinking Sky! Cloud Tops Dropping Closer to Earth, NASA Satellite Finds | Atmospheric Science & Climate Change | Cloud Formation & Height | LiveScience

Even your own source admits to the fact that man caused climate change is happening and is highly detrimental to society and y results in catosphies

I'll be the first to admit that the Earth is getting warmer. 1 degree over the last 100 years is an increase. What I dispute is that it's caused by man, there are theories that it has been caused by increased sunspot activity. Truth is, I don't know, and neither does anybody else.

Now, if it is caused by man, what purpose does it serve to hamstring our own economy with the Kyoto agreement when the 2 biggest emitters of greenhouse gases, China and India, are not required to reduce THEIR emissions?

And if Al Gore is so damned certain the oceans are going to rise, why did he just buy a beachfront mansion in Ca.?
100502-gore-house3.jpg

100502-gore-house5.jpg

100502-gore-house2.jpg

100502-gore-house12.jpg

100502-gore-house8.jpg

100502-gore-house11.jpg

Ooooooooo how little YOU know...by your own admittance..Pinie.Firstly China and India buy our coal and mining products and part of our TRADE AGREEMENT,China and India are now in the process of reducing their carbon emmissions THIS IS FACT(MORE THAN CAN BE SAID OF THE USA) your reasoning (NOT FORGETTING YOU HAVE BEEN THE WORLDS BIGGEST POLLUTER and are probably 3rd at present.........funny how you are only pointing out the two largest world emerging powers and economies......yet overlook your horrendous past and present...but this is TYPICAL of the BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND MENTALITY).....but with you,its all about what it costs you to improve or do something positive in this regard....in other word YOU ARE TIGHT ASSES(Australian for tight fisted).

Australia have a Carbon Tax in Law.......we are responsible and forward thinking.....we can see clearly now as always.

We are a massive exporter of raw materials but are advocates of our clients as part of any trade agreement to do their responsible part of reducing emmissions.

Your comment tells it all "What purpose does it serve to hamstring OUR ecomony"but be careful in your statements......you purchase so much from China and it is YOUR VERY NEED FOR CHEAP GOODS (and not supporting American made products)that is contributing to China's emmissions...but you claim it is them and somehow not America that is the problem........any thinking person knows of course that is BULLSHIT.

I suggest you start growing trees(which some on here laugh at)well for your and their information Trees are almost 50% CARBON and a renewable resourse,great prouduct for many reasons,too numerous to mention here...and it looks beautiful.

Your comments prove like many,you just run with sound bites and not have any substance to your mental reasoning on this and probably many subjects to be frank....it's a habit too many on here adhere too.........and it's often excruciating to read.

I'm theliq....ever living,ever faithful (to the truth) and ever sure.Have a great day:cool: AS A NONE SIGNATORY TO KYOTO WHY WOULD YOU MENTION OTHERS AND NOT CAST YOURSELVES(USA) IN THE SAME NEGATIVE LIGHT.

You try to insult my mental reasoning with THIS?? You've got the vocabulary and sentence structure of a 4th grader. A FLUNKING 4th grader.

Thanks for the laugh!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

100502-gore-house3.jpg

100502-gore-house5.jpg

100502-gore-house2.jpg

100502-gore-house12.jpg

100502-gore-house8.jpg

100502-gore-house11.jpg

You try to insult my mental reasoning with THIS?? You've got the vocabulary and sentence structure of a 4th grader. A FLUNKING 4th grader.
Thanks for that but it's a cheap shot.....4th grader indeed.........I am accurate in my summation.....I was not insulting you I was merely stating fact,that you take it personally is too bad......We talk straight in Australia and your post was/is inaccurate bull-shit......of which you have no answer and how can you.....because you built your argument on sand.
All you do is complain about ???????grammar?????.

But it's only to deflect your poorly researched post(being kind here,cos it's really complete shit and ignorance)Australians can spot a bullshitter from 20 miles,and you are one,for all to see.

:lol::lol::lol:You know not the minute nor the hour.:cuckoo:

Shame,but I had to explain to the other posters what a hypocrite and lair you are.

See you around......if that's the best you can do,You need to go back to the 4th Grade(Australia) even they understand more about climate change,pollution and global warming than you ya dope.....I'm serious.......... I find it incredible how dumb guys like you really are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How do people like you survive in this world:cuckoo:??????got me beat.:cool:

100502-gore-house3.jpg

100502-gore-house5.jpg

100502-gore-house2.jpg

100502-gore-house12.jpg

100502-gore-house8.jpg

100502-gore-house11.jpg

By NOT ANSWERING Shows You Are:confused: of course you are....not the brightest light on the Christmas Tree r u

tl:clap2::cool:

The first thing that the dim bulbs here do when confronted with real science concerning global warming is insult Al Gore. Why they think that is a rational arguement, I have yet to understand. The evidence for global warming and the part that fossil fuels play in it are being presented by scientists from all over the world. All that Al Gore did was present that evidence in layman's terms.

Their fallback position is that all the scientists are in on a conspiracy to defraud all of us of our money by making us pay more for energy. All the while, the people that are paying for energy from fossil fuel sources pay more every year. The logic these 'Conservatives' use is laughable, and will come back to haunt them politically as the consequences of AGW become more apparent every year.

The first thing that the dim bulbs here do when confronted with real science concerning global warming is insult Al Gore. Why they think that is a rational arguement, I have yet to understand. The evidence for global warming and the part that fossil fuels play in it are being presented by scientists from all over the world. All that Al Gore did was present that evidence in layman's terms.

Their fallback position is that all the scientists are in on a conspiracy to defraud all of us of our money by making us pay more for energy. All the while, the people that are paying for energy from fossil fuel sources pay more every year. The logic these 'Conservatives' use is laughable, and will come back to haunt them politically as the consequences of AGW become more apparent every year.

sorry OR but the adults in the room have had enough. of course we all wish that having a solar panel and wind turbine on our roofs would solve the problem but it wont, at least not yet. the massive amounts of money wasted on alternative fuel sources just isnt working. you cant just throw money everywhere and expect results because most of it will just be siphoned off by hucksters. I am all for more research in these areas but it has to be in the hands of the few that are actually capable of producing results.

the reason people insult Al Gore is because he received world acclaim for a pile of exaggerated and erroneous bullshit. the air, the ocean and the land are not heating up like you CAGW alarmists said they would. you guys had your shot and failed miserably and anyone with a brain would see that.

the positive feedbacks are a pipedream. without them there is no catastrope. we are sick and tired of the same weather events that have been happening forever being claimed as evidence of your paranoid deathwish. it aint happening!

The sky is falling… sort of. Over the last 10 years, the height of clouds has been shrinking, according to new research.

Clouds that are lower in the atmosphere would allow Earth to cool more efficiently, potentially offsetting some of the warming caused by greenhouse gases.

Shrinking Sky! Cloud Tops Dropping Closer to Earth, NASA Satellite Finds | Atmospheric Science & Climate Change | Cloud Formation & Height | LiveScience
"We don't know exactly what causes the cloud heights to lower," study researcher Roger Davies of the University of Auckland in New Zealand said in a statement. "But it must be due to a change in the circulation patterns that give rise to cloud formation at high altitude."
Clouds are a wildcard in understanding Earth's climate. Ephemeral as they are, they're difficult to track over time, and factors such as height and location make a big difference in whether clouds will slow the effects of global warming or exacerbate them. And no one fully understands how clouds will respond to a warming climate.

from your same article.

they are saying this could potentially reduce climate change, yet a sentence later they admit they do not know why this is happening or how clouds respond to climate change.

I wonder how far down our atmosphere has to shrink before someone on the right says, "Houston, we may have a problem.."

"We don't know exactly what causes the cloud heights to lower," study researcher Roger Davies of the University of Auckland in New Zealand said in a statement. "But it must be due to a change in the circulation patterns that give rise to cloud formation at high altitude."
Clouds are a wildcard in understanding Earth's climate. Ephemeral as they are, they're difficult to track over time, and factors such as height and location make a big difference in whether clouds will slow the effects of global warming or exacerbate them. And no one fully understands how clouds will respond to a warming climate.

from your same article.

they are saying this could potentially reduce climate change, yet a sentence later they admit they do not know why this is happening or how clouds respond to climate change.

I wonder how far down our atmosphere has to shrink before someone on the right says, "Houston, we may have a problem.."

How can our atmosphere shrink when we're constantly putting stuff into it?

Might wanna read the article again, Skippy.

sorry OR but the adults in the room have had enough. of course we all wish that having a solar panel and wind turbine on our roofs would solve the problem but it wont, at least not yet. the massive amounts of money wasted on alternative fuel sources just isnt working. you cant just throw money everywhere and expect results because most of it will just be siphoned off by hucksters. I am all for more research in these areas but it has to be in the hands of the few that are actually capable of producing results.

the reason people insult Al Gore is because he received world acclaim for a pile of exaggerated and erroneous bullshit. the air, the ocean and the land are not heating up like you CAGW alarmists said they would. you guys had your shot and failed miserably and anyone with a brain would see that.

the positive feedbacks are a pipedream. without them there is no catastrope. we are sick and tired of the same weather events that have been happening forever being claimed as evidence of your paranoid deathwish. it aint happening!

Arctic methane emergency

Ian you are wrong. tl

from your same article.

Good Morning Dave.....heard of ozone depletion and holes in the ozone layer particully at Antarctica????anyway it does take time to phsically see change but it is there now for all to see.........I'm surprised that a educated guy like you have not researched better.

Just Saying steve......have a great day st

Good Morning Dave.....heard of ozone depletion and holes in the ozone layer particully at Antarctica????anyway it does take time to phsically see change but it is there now for all to see.........I'm surprised that a educated guy like you have not researched better.

You're dealing with old information. Turns out that still another prediction of dire consequence was overblown, over publicized, over reported and over believed.

You may be excused for not knowing that the crisis is over. Nobody's reporting it.

Go figure.

The Incredible Shrinking Ozone Hole - NASA Science
<snip>
December 12, 2000 -- After reaching a record-breaking size in mid-September, the ozone hole over Antarctica has made a surprisingly hasty retreat, disappearing completely by November 19, NASA scientists said.
The ozone hole waxes and wanes with the seasons every year, slowly vanishing as the Southern Hemisphere reaches the peak of its summer. But this year the hole closed up earlier than in recent years; for the last three years the hole has lingered on well into December, according to Dr. Richard McPeters, principal investigator for NASA's Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer (TOMS) at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC).
<snip>

You're dealing with old information. Turns out that still another prediction of dire consequence was overblown, over publicized, over reported and over believed.

You may be excused for not knowing that the crisis is over. Nobody's reporting it.

Go figure.

The Incredible Shrinking Ozone Hole - NASA Science
<snip>
December 12, 2000 -- After reaching a record-breaking size in mid-September, the ozone hole over Antarctica has made a surprisingly hasty retreat, disappearing completely by November 19, NASA scientists said.
The ozone hole waxes and wanes with the seasons every year, slowly vanishing as the Southern Hemisphere reaches the peak of its summer. But this year the hole closed up earlier than in recent years; for the last three years the hole has lingered on well into December, according to Dr. Richard McPeters, principal investigator for NASA's Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer (TOMS) at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC).
<snip>
Wrong Again:cool:

Forum List

Back