The Size Equation:- Ps - Ec = Ys

Derideo_Te

Je Suis Charlie
Mar 2, 2013
The size equation is really simple;

Portion size minus Exercise equals Your size.

Large portions and no exercise means you gain weight.

Small portions and lots of exercise means you lose weight.

Moderate portions and moderate exercise means you maintain your size and weight.

Think about it and discuss.

Does this imply that being overweight is a choice?

It is not intended to be a substitute for a medical diagnosis.

Just something that applies in general. If you consume more calories than you burn you will gain weight.

Moderate portions and moderate exercise means you maintain your size and weight.

Well, for years, I ate like a pig and never gained weight. Even with little or no exercise. Now, I eat very little, and gain weight, with moderate exercise. Size 34 waist for many years, now a 35, but I have to buy size 36. I'm 5' 6" and 160 pounds. I was 5' 6 3/4" for many years, now I'm shorter. I was 155 pounds for many years, now 160 pounds. I eat small portions, and usually only twice a day. I do get exercise, and at times, a lot of exercise. I believe it's old age. I'm 67 years young. Explanation?

Well, for years, I ate like a pig and never gained weight. Even with little or no exercise. Now, I eat very little, and gain weight, with moderate exercise. Size 34 waist for many years, now a 35, but I have to buy size 36. I'm 5' 6" and 160 pounds. I was 5' 6 3/4" for many years, now I'm shorter. I was 155 pounds for many years, now 160 pounds. I eat small portions, and usually only twice a day. I do get exercise, and at times, a lot of exercise. I believe it's old age. I'm 67 years young. Explanation?

As we age our metabolism slows down. If you increase your exercise you will stop gaining weight.

And yes, old age is insidious. We don't realize just how much we have physically slowed down. At this age many people have arthritis and this means that they instinctively move less to avoid the pain. Can't say I blame them having experienced it myself.

As we age our metabolism slows down. If you increase your exercise you will stop gaining weight.

And yes, old age is insidious. We don't realize just how much we have physically slowed down. At this age many people have arthritis and this means that they instinctively move less to avoid the pain. Can't say I blame them having experienced it myself.
Yes. Arthritis in my upper spine.

Ouch!

They replaced the vertebrae of someone I know because of the pain she was suffering in both the upper and lower back. She has a whole new lease on life now.

Ouch!

They replaced the vertebrae of someone I know because of the pain she was suffering in both the upper and lower back. She has a whole new lease on life now.
It's very painful. It acts up 5 or 6 days a week. Nothing helps either. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Ouch!

It's very painful. It acts up 5 or 6 days a week. Nothing helps either. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I understand. My hip gives me constant pain and there is nothing I can do about it. However since I took up swimming a mile every other day I can handle the pain better. Losing weight is helping too. Less pressure on it.

Ouch!

I understand. My hip gives me constant pain and there is nothing I can do about it. However since I took up swimming a mile every other day I can handle the pain better. Losing weight is helping too. Less pressure on it.
My wife has hip issues also. I understand your pain. I'm sorry that you have it. Some people don't understand daily pain, but I sure do. I can sympathize with you and your pain. Again, I'm sorry that you're going through it.

I've been eating non-stop for the last 5 months and have lost 25 lbs. No exercise either.

LOL at anyone who thinks it's all "genetics", "calorie counting" or "portion size".

LOL at anyone who thinks yer metabolism has a "switch" that you can flip on or off depending on what you eat or "slows down" as you get older.

Complete, stupid, Bro Science.

"I'm really fat and my back, hips and feet hurt. I've got arthritis too. Don't know why!
Let's go to McDonalds!"

- Typical American Idiot

I've been eating non-stop for the last 5 months and have lost 25 lbs. No exercise either.

LOL at anyone who thinks it's all "genetics", "calorie counting" or "portion size".

LOL at anyone who thinks yer metabolism has a "switch" that you can flip on or off depending on what you eat or "slows down" as you get older.

How old are you?

How old are you?
Age 51. 6'0" 191 lbs. Waistline 34" tape measured. That means I can fit into size 33 jeans fresh out of the dryer.

Pushups and situps ONLY! No running. No free weightlifting.

I know you MUST be in great shape seeing as how it's YOU giving out the weight loss info right?

OP should post pics of his incredible physical shape because he's such an expert in weight loss right?

No, I'm not calling for naked pics you dummy.

How old are you?
Age 51. 6'0" 191 lbs. Waistline 34" tape measured. That means I can fit into size 33 jeans fresh out of the dryer.

Pushups and situps ONLY! No running. No free weightlifting.

I know you MUST be in great shape seeing as how it's YOU giving out the weight loss info right?

At 51 I was in similar shape to you. At 53 I was diagnosed with sciatica. The pain increased steadily for next 5 years while the doctors continued to misdiagnose my condition. I had been bedridden for 2 years before the eventually they got the right diagnoses but by then it was so bad that I lost my hip joint. Yes, I also gained weight because I couldn't exercise at all.

Since then I have been trying to rebuild my life. I still have constant pain and require a standing desk and other accommodations in order to keep working. FYI I continued working while I was bedridden.

You might be lucky and get through your entire life without ever having any medical problems at all. But if you do you will be the exception.

This thread is for those of us who are not the exception and who have to deal with the reality of what life is like after you develop a chronic condition.

Oh, and for the record, I have lost some of the weight and regained a lot of my former fitness level in spite of the constant pain. My pants are all loose and I am going to need smaller belts since they are all on the tightest notch. It will probably take me a couple of years before I get back to where I was before because I am now in my 60's.

As far as McDonalds goes I never eat fast food. Life is too short for that garbage.

You might be lucky and get through your entire life without ever having any medical problems at all. But if you do you will be the exception.
This thread is for those of us who are not the exception and who have to deal with the reality of what life is like after you develop a chronic condition.
You make a f*ckin' thread about how "weight loss is a simple equation" yet it appears you've never even followed it. But I knew that even BEFORE you posted that. Your Health Threads are just like your Political Threads: Worthless and Devoid of Info.

For people who have Sciatica and unlike the OP, actually want to heal themselves, watch the following video from the 45:05 mark.

You make a f*ckin' thread about how "weight loss is a simple equation" yet it appears you've never even followed it. But I knew that even BEFORE you posted that. Your Health Threads are just like your Political Threads: Worthless and Devoid of Info.

For people who have Sciatica and unlike the OP, actually want to heal themselves, watch the following video from the 45:05 mark.

Which part of the term "misdiagnosed" do you need explaining?

The pain increased steadily for next 5 years while the doctors continued to misdiagnose my condition. I had been bedridden for 2 years before the eventually they got the right diagnoses but by then it was so bad that I lost my hip joint.

I didn't have Sciatica at all. Instead I have a condition called Avascular Necrosis. They don't replace entire hip joints for Sciatica.

Great job on making yourself look foolish or do you just have a reading comprehension disorder that has been misdiagnosed?

Forum List

Back