The Sixties Left versus the Tea Party: a study in pure obedience.

Londoner

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2010
The Sixties Left turned against LBJ because of Vietnam.

“HEY HEY LBJ, HOW MANY KIDS DID YOU KILL TODAY?"

LBJ was denied a second term because he lost the Left - he lost his base.

You don't see this on the Right because rightwing voters are far more obedient to their Washington leaders.

The Right - as rule - only protests a sitting Republican president after he becomes a lame duck.

This is why the rightwing voters defended Bush in the 2004 election with all their might despite his MASSIVE spending. This is why they only turned on Bush and Big Government Conservatism after Bush became a lame duck.

I have a Question

Why are Republican voters so obedient to Republican Presidents? Why do Tea Party protests and GOP filibusters never happen with a first term Republican president? None of the GOP senators who filibustered Obama into paralysis opposed a nickel of Bush spending, which doubled Clinton's. Why? Why did the GOP congress pass the largest expansion of Medicare in the program's history? Why do they only care about limiting the size of government when there is a democratic president? Why did Reagan get a way with doubling the spending of Carter? Why did Bush get a way with doubling the spending of Clinton? Why are Republican voters so easily fooled by their own party? Why are they so obedient to their Washington leaders?

Last edited:
Why do the Democrats follow in lockstep with Obama? Why did the so called blue dog Democrats who opposed a lot of Obamacare finally breakdown and fall in line instead of going to a filibuster to stop it? Why did you compare the Tea Party and the right to the left of the 60's but not compare the left of Today to the left of the 60's? I think we all know the answer don't we? It would bring up some inconvenient truths.

Better question: Whatever happened to the generation of "never trust anyone over 30", "do your own thing" and complete revulsion toward the establishment?

A: They became the establishment that they claimed to detest.

That would be Bill and Hillary Clinton and friends. The Chicago Seven, etal.

Ah yes, remind us of Clinton. Balanced budget, longest economic expansion in history, good times for all. Guess what, long after Romney and Ryan are askeriks in history books, Clinton will be remembered with affection.

You don't see this on the Right because rightwing voters are far more obedient to their Washington leaders.

The Right - as rule - only protests a sitting Republican president after he becomes a lame duck.

This is why the rightwing voters defended Bush in the 2004 election with all their might despite his MASSIVE spending. This is why they only turned on Bush and Big Government Conservatism after Bush became a lame duck.

I have a Question

Why are Republican voters so obedient to Republican Presidents? Why do Tea Party protests and GOP filibusters never happen with a first term Republican president? None of the GOP senators who filibustered Obama into paralysis opposed a nickel of Bush spending, which doubled Clinton's. Why? Why did the GOP congress pass the largest expansion of Medicare in the program's history? Why do they only care about limiting the size of government when there is a democratic president? Why did Reagan get a way with doubling the spending of Carter? Why did Bush get a way with doubling the spending of Clinton? Why are Republican voters so easily fooled by their own party? Why are they so obedient to their Washington leaders?
Too funny coming from you lemmings on the left.

I have a question about us following George Bush in 2004.

Who was he running against?

Nuff said.

Ah yes, remind us of Clinton. Balanced budget, longest economic expansion in history, good times for all. Guess what, long after Romney and Ryan are askeriks in history books, Clinton will be remembered with affection.

You left out a lot of stuff...

"I didn't have sex, with that woman"

Clinton's jizz on "that womans" blue dress

"Depends on what the definition of IS, is"

Failure to allow CIA to take out Osama bin-Laden either by capture or death 8 to 10 times during 1998 and 1999 which would have eliminated the funding to pull off 9-11 attacks.

Gave U.S. missile technology to China.

Clinton's list of commutation/pardons:

Commutations

Ronald Henderson Blackley
Bert Wayne Bolan
Jon Michael Burton - charged with heavy drug trafficking.
Gloria Libia Camargo
Charles F. Campbell
David Ronald Chandler - federal death row inmate.[3]
Lau Ching Chin
Donald R. Clark
Loreta De-Ann Coffman
Derrick Curry
Velinda Desalus
Jacob Elbaum
Linda Sue Evans
Loretta Sharon Fish
Antoinette M. Frink
David Goldstein
Gerard A. Greenfield
Bob F. Griffin, former Speaker of the Missouri House of Representatives, who was serving two years on bribery charges.[4]
Jodie E. Israel
Kimberly Johnson
Billy Thornton Langston Jr.
Vicki Lopez Lukis on November 21, 2000, former Lee County, FL Commissioner who was serving a 27-month sentence for honest services mail fraud. Her conviction was vacated on February 14, 2011.
Belinda Lynn Lumpkin
Peter MacDonald - Navajo Chairman, serving a 14-year sentence for fraud and racketeering convictions.
Kellie Ann Mann
Peter Ninemire
Hugh Ricardo Padmore
Arnold Paul Prosperi - Florida attorney, tax fraud, managed Clinton's 1967 campaign for student-council president.[5]
Melvin J. Reynolds - Democratic Congressman from Illinois - bank fraud and obstruction of justice
Pedro Miguel Riveiro
Dorothy Rivers - lead official in Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, plead guilty to theft of $1.2 million in federal grant money.
Susan Rosenberg
Kalmen Stern
Cory Stringfellow
Carlos Anibal Vignali - convicted of cocaine trafficking.
Thomas Wilson Waddell III
Harvey Weining
Kim Allen Willis
Kemba Smith

Pardons

Verla Jean Allen (1990 false statements to an agency of the United States).[6]
Nicholas M. Altiere (1983 importation of cocaine)
Bernice Ruth Altschul (1992 money laundering conspiracy)
Joe Anderson Jr. (1988 income tax evasion)
William Sterling Anderson (1987 defraudment of a financial institution, false statements to a financial institution, wire fraud)
Mansour Azizkhani (1984 false statements in bank loan applications)
Cleveland Victor Babin Jr. (1987 using the U.S. mail service to defraud)
Chris Harmon Bagley (1989 conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute cocaine)
Scott Lynn Bane (unlawful distribution of marijuana)
Thomas Cleveland Barber (issuing worthless checks)
Peggy Ann Bargon (violation of the Lacey Act, violation of the Bald Eagle Protection Act)
David Roscoe Blampied (possess with intent to distribute cocaine)
William Arthur Borders Jr. (conspiracy to corruptly solicit and accept money in return for influencing the official acts of a federal district court judge (Alcee L. Hastings), and to defraud the United States in connection with the performance of lawful government functions, corruptly influencing, obstructing, impeding and endeavoring to influence, obstruct and impede the due administration of justice, and aiding and abetting therein, and traveling interstate with intent to commit bribery)
Arthur David Borel (odometer rollback)
Douglas Charles Borel (odometer rollback)
George Thomas Brabham (making a false statement or report to a federally insured bank)
Almon Glenn Braswell (1983 mail fraud and perjury)
Leonard Browder (illegal dispensing of controlled substance and Medicaid fraud)
David Steven Brown (securities fraud and mail fraud)
Delores Caroylene Burleson, aka Delores Cox Burleson (possession of marijuana)
John H. Bustamante (wire fraud)
Mary Louise Campbell (unauthorized use and transfer of food stamps)
Eloida Candelaria (false information in registering to vote)
Dennis Sobrevinas Capili (filing false statements in alien registration)
Donna Denise Chambers (intent to distribute cocaine)
Douglas Eugene Chapman (bank fraud)
Ronald Keith Chapman (bank fraud)
Francisco Larois Chavez (aiding and abetting illegal entry of aliens)[citation needed]
Henry Cisneros (former HUD Secretary)
Roger Clinton, Jr. (cocaine charges, half-brother of President Bill Clinton) [5]
Stuart Harris Cohn (illegal sale of commodity options)
David Marc Cooper (conspiracy to defraud the government)
Ernest Harley Cox Jr. (defraud of federally insured savings and loan)
John F. Cross Jr. (embezzlement)
Rickey Lee Cunningham (intent to distribute marijuana)
Richard Anthony De Labio (mail fraud)
John Deutch (former Director of Central Intelligence Agency)
Richard Douglas (false statements to a government agent)
Edward Downe, Jr. (wire fraud, false income tax returns and securities fraud)
Marvin Dean Dudley (false statements)
Larry Lee Duncan
Galen R. Elmore (convicted of cattle theft)
Robert Clinton Fain
Marcos Arcenio Fernandez
Alvarez Ferrouillet
Henry O. Flipper - guilty of "conduct unbecoming an officer" (1882)
William Dennis Fugazy
Lloyd Reid George
Louis Goldstein
Rubye Lee Gordon
Pincus Green
Robert Ivey Hamner
Samuel Price Handley
Woodie Randolph Handley
Jay Houston Harmon
Rick Hendrick
John Hummingson
David S. Herdlinger
Debi Rae Huckleberry
Warren C. Hultgren Jr.
Donald Ray James
Stanley Pruet Jobe
Ruben H. Johnson
Linda Jones
James Howard Lake
June Louise Lewis
Salim Bonnor Lewis
John Leighton Lodwick
Hildebrando Lopez
Jose Julio Luaces
James Timothy Maness
James Lowell Manning, (1982, aiding and assisting in the preparation of a false corporate income tax return)
John Robert Martin
Frank Ayala Martinez
Silvia Leticia Beltran Martinez
John Francis McCormick
Susan H. McDougal
Howard Mechanic
Brook K. Mitchell Sr.
Samuel Loring Morison
Charles Wilfred Morgan III
Richard Anthony Nazzaro
Charlene Ann Nosenko
Vernon Raymond Obermeier
Miguelina Ogalde
David C. Owen
Robert W. Palmer
Kelli Anne Perhosky
Richard H. Pezzopane
Orville Rex Phillips
Vinson Stewart Poling Jr.
James G. Powell
Norman Lyle Prouse - Former Captain for Northwest Airlines, imprisoned for flying while intoxicated.
Willie H.H. Pruitt Jr.[7]
Danny Martin Pursley Sr.
Charles D. Ravenel
William Clyde Ray
Alfredo Luna Regalado
Ildefonso Reynes Ricafort
Marc Rich
Howard Winfield Riddle
Richard Wilson Riley Jr. (Cocaine and marijuana charges, father was Clinton's Education Secretary) [5]
Samuel Lee Robbins
Joel Gonzales Rodriguez
Michael James Rogers
Anna Louise Ross
Dan Rostenkowski - former Democratic Congressman convicted in the Congressional Post Office scandal.
Gerald Glen Rust
Jerri Ann Rust
Bettye June Rutherford
Gregory Lee Sands
Al Schwimmer
Albert A. Seretti Jr.
Patricia Campbell Hearst Shaw
Dennis Joseph Smith
Gerald Owen Smith
Stephen A. Smith
Jimmie Lee Speake
Charles Bernard Stewart
Marlena Francisca Stewart-Rollins
Fife Symington III - former Republican Arizona governor
Richard Lee Tannehill
Nicholas C. Tenaglia
Gary Allen Thomas
Larry Weldon Todd
Olga C. Trevino
Ignatious Vamvouklis
Patricia A. Van De Weerd
Christopher V. Wade
Bill Wayne Warmath
Jack Kenneth Watson
Donna Lynn Webb
Donald William Wells
Robert H. Wendt
Jack L. Williams
Kavin Arthur Williams
Robert Michael Williams
Jimmie Lee Wilson
Thelma Louise Wingate
Mitchell Couey Wood
Warren Stannard Wood
Dewey Worthey
Rick Allen Yale
Joseph A. Yasak
William Stanley Yingling
Phillip David Young
Keith Sanders
Darren Muci
John Scott (not a full pardon)
Amy Ralston Pofahl (drug money laundering, distribution and manufacturing Ecstasy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_pardoned_by_Bill_Clinton

And that's just WHILE he was president...AN IMPEACHED PRESIDENT.

Then there are his felony criminal attacks of women before and during his presidency. He was a rotten sex fiend. See next Post.

Clinton's history attacking women:

Paid off Paula Jones almost $1 million dollars to keep her mouth shut.

CLINTON Rapes "a cold bastard"

And many of these internet links have disappeared from the internet. Wonder why?

And the above doesn't mention his lying ass about dodging the draft. But this link does.

CLINTON'S DRAFT AVOIDANCE

Excerpt:

I write this declaration not only for the living and future generations, but for those who fought and died for our country. If space and time permitted I would include the names of the ones I knew and fought with, and along with them I would mention my brother Bob, who was killed during World War II and is buried in Cambridge, England (at the age of 23, about the age Bill Clinton was when he was over in England protesting the war). I have agonized over whether or not to submit this statement to the American people. But, I realize that even though I served my country by being in the military for over 32 years, and having gone through the ordeal of months of combat under the worst of conditions followed by years of imprisonment by the Japanese,it is not enough. I'm writing these comments to let everyone know that I love my country more than I do my own personal security and well-being. I will go to my grave loving these United States of America and the liberty for which so many men have
fought and died. Because of my poor physical condition this will be my final statement. I will make no further comments to any of the media regarding this issue.
Eugene Holmes
Colonel, U.S.A., Ret.
September 1992

Colonel Holmes was the Commander of the University of Arkansas ROTC unit.

Old Rocks Between the Ears...tell us again what a prize this son-of-a-bitch, Clinton was.

william_ayers.jpg

''I don't regret setting bombs, I feel we didn't do enough.'' -- W Ayers, Obama's friend, mentor and ghostwriter 9/11/2001

Last edited:

I have a Question

That assumes they are fooled.

Pub dupes these days believe a ton of Pubcrappe from the Pub propaganda machine- see "Obama gutted Medicare, Workfare, had 2 years of total control, Holder knew about F+F, Dems lied about the ongoing investigation of Bengazi"- ALL horse patoot! And see sig pp3, hateful divisive baloney. Now few listen to them anymore...Assume the position, Pub a-holes and silly dupes LOL

Better question: Whatever happened to the generation of "never trust anyone over 30", "do your own thing" and complete revulsion toward the establishment?

Wrong, they became libertarians, dreamers in another guise.

Didn't know that pinko flower children like the Clintoons, Tom Hayden, Jane Fonda, Bill Ayers, and the rest of them were libertarians.

Oh yeah, they're not.

They were the only ones? There were quite a few more and your cherry-picked short list is self-serving at best. Most of them weren't famous and anti-government is anti-government, the core of libertarian ideology. Read up on the era. You're obviously going by second hand biased info.

And who controlled the House and Senate during these times?

Didn't know that pinko flower children like the Clintoons, Tom Hayden, Jane Fonda, Bill Ayers, and the rest of them were libertarians.

Oh yeah, they're not.

They were the only ones? There were quite a few more and your cherry-picked short list is self-serving at best. Most of them weren't famous and anti-government is anti-government, the core of libertarian ideology. Read up on the era. You're obviously going by second hand biased info.
Though they weren't the only ones, the vast majority of them ended up being hard core leftists, and you know it.

The American left has turned into everything that they claimed to hate 50 years ago.

Do you mean like the Teabag Brotherhood detesting the Republican Establishment and then going all out in support of Willard, the prototype Establishment Rockefeller Republican???

And who controlled the House and Senate during these times?
Clinton had them out maneuvered and wrapped around his little finger.

Do you mean like the Teabag Brotherhood detesting the Republican Establishment and then going all out in support of Willard, the prototype Establishment Rockefeller Republican???
You really are dumber than a sack of hammers, aren't ya? :lmao:

Forum List

Back