The single reason for Liberating Iraq was WMDs.. what was single reason for ACA?

SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

(a) AUTHORIZATION. The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and
(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq.

(b) PRESIDENTIAL DETERMINATION.

In connection with the exercise of the authority granted in subsection (a) to use force the President shall, prior to such exercise or as soon there after as may be feasible, but no later than 48 hours after exercising such authority, make available to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President pro tempore of the Senate his determination that

(1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic or other peaceful means alone either (A) will not adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq or (B) is not likely to lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq, and

(2) acting pursuant to this resolution is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations or persons who planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorists attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.

SCR 1441 was in effect (voted on by the USA. France approved it as well on the condition that the USA would not invade Iraq without coming back to the UN and getting another resolution authorizing the use of force) and being carried out.

Without WMD Iraq did not pose a threat.

Iraq was not involved in 9-11.

Great idea......you don't like Obamacare, offer something better

Here's something better - nothing at all. Surely by now you understand that many of, not just conservative Republicans, think that this bill is a step in the WRONG direction. It's not that it doesn't go far enough, it's that it makes things worse.

So, yeah, I'd like to Republicans or Democrats come up with something better. I'd like to see them actually do something about the dysfunctional health care market (instead of mucking around reforming insurance). But if the best we can do is put a stop to PPACA, and replace it with nothing at all, that would be an improvement of sorts.

I don't see either party making that happen.

Thanks for playing

Lets go with the Republican plan of....Let them die

Great idea......you don't like Obamacare, offer something better

Here's something better - nothing at all. Surely by now you understand that many of, not just conservative Republicans, think that this bill is a step in the WRONG direction. It's not that it doesn't go far enough, it's that it makes things worse.

So, yeah, I'd like to Republicans or Democrats come up with something better. I'd like to see them actually do something about the dysfunctional health care market (instead of mucking around reforming insurance). But if the best we can do is put a stop to PPACA, and replace it with nothing at all, that would be an improvement of sorts.

I don't see either party making that happen.

Thanks for playing

Lets go with the Republican plan of....Let them die

You can "let them die" if that's your preference. It's not mine.

I have submitted this plan and yet to have anyone poke holes in the plan!
A) First admit there are less then 6 million uninsured when the 10 million non-citizens supposedly Uninsured are not counted. When the 14 million on Medicaid already are not counted and when the
18 million under 34, earning over $50K, that PAY there own way out of pocket but falsely included as "uninsured" are not counted!
B) Tax the $100 billion lawyers make at 10% just as ACA taxes tanning salons!
C) Tax 10% hospitals on the UNCOMPENSATED fees that hospitals collect from "padding and passing" on to Medicare/private insurance/out of pocket.
D) Require all hospitals seeing "uninsured" to register these and send claims to the uninsured health insurance company to pay using the $16 billion from lawyers/hospitals pay claims!

This would reduce the "padding and passing" that sometimes is 6,000% markup to Medicare/private insurance,etc.
This would reduce the $600 billion in defensive medicine as the lawyers fees would be tied to declining $600 billion defensive medicine costs!

ONE simple solution from recognizing the problem IS NOT so big massive changes in health care as Obamacare is doing!

That is not going to happen, ever. Stay focused please.

We GOP controlled Congress 1994 to 2006 and failed to produce health reform.

SCOTUS has ruled ACA constitutional.

We have to deal with that fact.

Yep. We need to remove all the sellouts who voted for it, repeal it, and pass an amendment that sets sane limits on the taxation power so they don't try this kind of shit again.

No one really wants to listen to you rant.

Offer something constructive, keeping in mind the law is constitutional, end of story.

WTF! Just because a law is constitutional does NOT mean it is good or desirable law! Constitutional is NOT synonymous with GOOD LAW and it does not mean the people are forever fucked and forced to accept unwanted law! In fact Roberts specifically said that just because it is upheld as constitutional in NO way implies it is a good law or cant be changed or totally rescinded.

We have had thousands of constitutional laws over centuries that were later rescinded because WE THE PEOPLE always retain the right to decide what laws we CONSENT to be governed by and different generations desire different laws that NEVER obligate future generations to be forced to accept them as if writ in stone. Obamacare was rammed down our throats against our will and WE THE PEOPLE do NOT consent to leaving it as is. DEAL WITH IT.

No one really wants to listen to you rant.

That's just not true. Rant on, frazzledgear!

WTF! Just because a law is constitutional does NOT mean it is good or desirable law! Constitutional is NOT synonymous with GOOD LAW and it does not mean the people are forever fucked and forced to accept unwanted law! In fact Roberts specifically said that just because it is upheld as constitutional in NO way implies it is a good law or cant be changed or totally rescinded.

We have had thousands of constitutional laws over centuries that were later rescinded because WE THE PEOPLE always retain the right to decide what laws we CONSENT to be governed by and different generations desire different laws that NEVER obligate future generations to be forced to accept them as if writ in stone. Obamacare was rammed down our throats against our will and WE THE PEOPLE do NOT consent to leaving it as is. DEAL WITH IT.

Yep. We need to remove all the sellouts who voted for it, repeal it, and pass an amendment that sets sane limits on the taxation power so they don't try this kind of shit again.

Are you telling me to stay focused? Just want make sure it was my original topic because no ONE has yet to tell me the single reason for ACA.
My point is if it was the phony 47 million ACA was passed.. then why not the same anger that we were LIED to as we supposedly were re WMDs?

I mean NO one seems to refute the truly needy uninsured are less then 6 million!

Six million is preposterous as a figure, and the ERs are not primary care clinics, so . . .

Yes, stay on track, because the law is not going to become unconstitutional.

There will never be an amendment as you envision it.

Work on reform and revision.

Be focused.

Are you telling me to stay focused? Just want make sure it was my original topic because no ONE has yet to tell me the single reason for ACA.
My point is if it was the phony 47 million ACA was passed.. then why not the same anger that we were LIED to as we supposedly were re WMDs?

I mean NO one seems to refute the truly needy uninsured are less then 6 million!

Don't sweat starkley thread poops. He means well (or, maybe not), but he can't help it.

Last edited:
Six million is preposterous as a figure, and the ERs are not primary care clinics, so . . .

Be focused.

Wait a minute! MY math should be NO different then yours right?
Start out with 47 million uninsured used to pass ACA!
10 million per the Census NOT CITIZENS!
How Many Uninsured Are There? | The Weekly Standard
14 million ALREADY covered by Medicaid..
A 2003 Blue Cross/Blue Shield Association study concluded that, "More than 14 million uninsured Americans are already eligible for health insurance through Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)." These people could automatically be signed up for these programs by seeking care at a hospital. In addition, a Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute study shows that 7 out of 10 uninsured children could be covered if their parents chose to sign up for existing government programs.

That adds up to 24 million not citizens or already covered!

18 million counted as "uninsured" PAY their OWN WAY! Are under 34 years and can afford as they make $50k a year.. yet counted as "uninsured"!!!
That means the 47 million less 10 million less 14 million less 18 million LEAVES
6 million truly uninsured and needs coverage... NOT 47 million!

And this bogus NUMBER caused ACA to be passed and that is wrong!
All Obamacare does is DESTROY health care!

So tell me where my MATH is wrong!!!!

What direct evidence, other than your analysis, do you have to support your six million?

What are the state obstacles, for example, to people signing up children for CHIPS?

What are your grounds for subtracting those covered by Medicaid from the 47mm?

You have interesting points but no conclusive analysis, only suggestions.

Be focused.

Wait a minute! MY math should be NO different then yours right?
Start out with 47 million uninsured used to pass ACA!
10 million per the Census NOT CITIZENS!
A 2003 Blue Cross/Blue Shield Association study concluded that, "More than 14 million uninsured Americans are already eligible for health insurance through Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)." These people could automatically be signed up for these programs by seeking care at a hospital. In addition, a Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute study shows that 7 out of 10 uninsured children could be covered if their parents chose to sign up for existing government programs.

That adds up to 24 million not citizens or already covered!

18 million counted as "uninsured" PAY their OWN WAY! Are under 34 years and can afford as they make $50k a year.. yet counted as "uninsured"!!!
That means the 47 million less 10 million less 14 million less 18 million LEAVES
6 million truly uninsured and needs coverage... NOT 47 million!

And this bogus NUMBER caused ACA to be passed and that is wrong!
All Obamacare does is DESTROY health care!

So tell me where my MATH is wrong!!!!

Obamacare was rammed down our throats against our will and WE THE PEOPLE do NOT consent to leaving it as is. DEAL WITH IT.

We the people are ready to move on from the tired political debates of 3 years ago and make this law work. Deal with it.

As has already been explained to you, eligible for Medicaid is not the same as covered by Medicaid. Particularly in states that have done their best to design as many roadblocks as possible into their systems to ensure that enrollment numbers are significantly less than eligibility numbers.

An important piece of the ACA (and, for children, CHIPRA) involves simplifying and streamlining eligibility and enrollment systems, as well as significantly improving the customer service experience, to ensure that people who are eligible face no artificial barriers to enrollment.

So yes, many of those who are eligible for Medicaid but unenrolled need the ACA.

Obamacare was rammed down our throats against our will and WE THE PEOPLE do NOT consent to leaving it as is. DEAL WITH IT.

We the people are ready to move on from the tired political debates of 3 years ago and make this law work. Deal with it.

As has already been explained to you, eligible for Medicaid is not the same as covered by Medicaid. Particularly in states that have done their best to design as many roadblocks as possible into their systems to ensure that enrollment numbers are significantly less than eligibility numbers.

An important piece of the ACA (and, for children, CHIPRA) involves simplifying and streamlining eligibility and enrollment systems, as well as significantly improving the customer service experience, to ensure that people who are eligible face no artificial barriers to enrollment.

So yes, many of those who are eligible for Medicaid but unenrolled need the ACA.

Need ACA to do what?
Simplifying requires more rules and regulations of ACA?
ONCE again reliance on the government is the issue!

BUT it still doesn't alter the fact there are NOT 47 million Uninsured!
YOU said it your self. The 47 million is a bogus number because 14 million just haven't registered. OK! That doesn't mean we have to tear apart completely health care system!

Totally inefficient. Seriously you want a system that IS OK with paying 6,000% above costs as Medicare does?
Are you totally stupid? I know you are totally UNIFORMED about 837,835,270/271s what they mean to Medicare .. uninformed as to what HIPAA is and what THAT added to the costs of health thanks to Hillarycare in 1996!

The problem is people like you making your opinion without ANY knowledge of how things work!
Seriously do you KNOW anything about how health care specifically Medicare financing works?
More to the point I do more then you it is a FACT because you've proven your lack of knowledge.
Now whatever expertise you have in your job or vocation I would defer to because you would know better. YET YOU are trying to tell ME a person that 10,000 times a day providers come to my service to find out if Medicare will pay .. you are explaining something regarding health care financing, specifically "ELIGIBILITY" to ME???

Again... respect MY knowledge base as I would if you were a ditch digger running a machine I would respect YOUR knowledge base! I certainly wouldn't try to tell you how to run that machine much less how to hold a shovel!

Forum List

Back