The single biggest problem with Obamacare.

Too bad Ashcroft already widened the feds power over healthcare removing the Republican's podium to complain about it at the same time.

Aschroft???????????? What????????????

General welfare kicks in as well as the interstate part already mentioned.Suppose that is the same ground which gave Reagan the right to declare war on Grenada or Bush Panama. You just can not have a strict reading when you want and a loose reading when it disagrees with you.

what?????????

More complex. The four year old is learning that.

Curious, if federal districts 1 to 50, errr, states mandated health insurance would you support it?

no idea what do you mean???????

Ok then. Onto the last part you wanted more clarification on. I was just curious if you supported hypothetical state laws mandading health insurance.

Ok then. Onto the last part you wanted more clarification on. I was just curious if you supported hypothetical state laws mandading health insurance.

yes, states can do what they want. If you don't like it you can move.

Quote: Originally Posted by Toronado3800 General welfare kicks in as well as the interstate part already mentioned.Suppose that is the same ground which gave Reagan the right to declare war on Grenada or Bush Panama. You just can not have a strict reading when you want and a loose reading when it disagrees with you.

This is along the same lines of liberally reading the constitution when it suits you. In this case it is two examples of Republican President's "right" to declare war.

Or time to start making excuses that placing combat units who are firing weapons in foreign countries is not an act of war.

if you have an objection to conservatism why not say what exactly it is and why you object.

Conservatism is not what I was complaining about. I was bringing up instances where folks suddenly became quite flexible with their reading of the Constitution when it suited them. Which seems to be most of my life.

SOOO, i figured since no one thought it was necessary to ammend the Constitution then why would it be necessary now.

I was bringing up instances where folks suddenly became quite flexible with their reading of the Constitution when it suited them.

why be so afraid to present your best example?????

SOOO, i figured since no one thought it was necessary to ammend the Constitution then why would it be necessary now.

then?????? for what????? now????for what?????

I was bringing up instances where folks suddenly became quite flexible with their reading of the Constitution when it suited them.

Brutus my man. Maybe read back a couple lines and refresh yourself with the discussion we were having. There were examples mentioned.

I browse a few boards and sometimes it is difficult to keep the train of thought going.

Brutus my man. Maybe read back a couple lines and refresh yourself with the discussion we were having. There were examples mentioned.

I browse a few boards and sometimes it is difficult to keep the train of thought going.

yes me too that is why each post must be 100% self contained

Forum List

Back