The silver lining in this economic disasterous cloud

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Jun 5, 2008
Maine
Okay, so the economy is melting down and nobody knows what happens next.

That's pretty terrible.

But there IS a silver lining to this situation.

I have to monitor about 5 different email accounts and they are ALL public since they exist for the public to reach me.

Naturally I get a LOT of SPAM.

But I NO LONGER GET 100 pieces of SPAM a day (no exaggeration, there) offering me CREDIT CARDS.

Apparently time actually does wound all heels.

Okay, so the economy is melting down and nobody knows what happens next.

That's pretty terrible.

But there IS a silver lining to this situation.

I have to monitor about 5 different email accounts and they are ALL public since they exist for the public to reach me.

Naturally I get a LOT of SPAM.

But I NO LONGER GET 100 pieces of SPAM a day (no exaggeration, there) offering me CREDIT CARDS.

Apparently time actually does wound all heels.

What?

Oh my Gosh! American runs on Credit. No Credit = a Failing economy. That ain't good.

Nah, it doesn't equal a failing economy. What it HOPEFULLY equals is a society that will learn to revert back to saving and investing, rather than borrowing and spending.

THAT is the silver lining.

Nah, it doesn't equal a failing economy. What it HOPEFULLY equals is a society that will learn to revert back to saving and investing, rather than borrowing and spending.

THAT is the silver lining.

American as NEVER been a cash-only economy. Not even during the founding father's day. Have we used credit, excessively? Yes. Is credit bad? Absolutely NOT, in fact is as vital a component in prosperity as there is.

Forum List

Back