The Signature Style Shortbus Suckfest

Capstone

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2012
As last week's controversial "winner" of the Flame Zone's latest weekly contest, the aptly named 4S, in which the objective is to suck as badly as possible, it falls on me to promote this week's competition outside of the FZ Forum.

First, though, a paragraph on the history of the 4S. The rules of the contest were the brainchildren of former USMB member, Chao$ (now departed). He courageously embarked on a weeks-long crusade for fairness in the judging process of the 4F (the illustrious Frivolous Friday Flame Fest, a long running weekly flame contest in which the objective is NOT to suck). This he did after scoring a string of embarrassingly low scores and concluding therefore that the judging MUST have been rigged! This was obviously more palatable to him than simply facing up to the fact that he sucked. His passion wasn't for naught, for it planted the seeds of dissension in the well-fertilized mind of one other intrepid member - DarkFury214, the founder and self-appointed supreme judge of the 4S (which he originally dubbed "A NEW Division")! And there you have it.

How to "win": sucky posts on any topic, no matter how ridiculous or mind-numbingly stupid, are deemed acceptable, BUT the suckier the better. Moreover, creativity in sucking tends to be smiled upon, if not by the judge(s) at least by the other contestants and spectators. For instance, in last week's battle to suck, LoneLaugher created a whole new genre of 4S-ing by posting a series of super lame jokes. Others, myself included, simply followed his lead. As a result, MANY feel that he should have been awarded the Short Bus trophy that's currently on display in my signature line (FYI: LoneLaugher, himself, is far too gracious to lend any credence to such talk. - That noble bastard).

In any case, newcomers to both contests are aways welcome and hoped for by the regulars. The 4F is open for posting every Friday from 12:00 AM - 11:59.59 PM (EST); while its slower little brother, the 4S, is open for business between the high noons (EST) of every Saturday and Sunday (links below).

Frivolous Friday Flame Fest

Signature Style Shortbus Suckfest

Hope to see as many new faces as possible. I'm sure some of y'all would be 'naturals', one way or the other! ;)

Reminder: *Midnight eastern (11/13) is the advertised starting time for this week's Frivolous Friday Flame Fest. Night owls looking for something a little bit different would surely find it in that thread.

*Disclaimer: The thread's opening and closing times are subject to change at the discretion (or lack thereof) of AVG-JOE. *

Forum List

Back