The sick mind of Noam Chomsky

hipeter924

Not a zombie yet
May 5, 2009
Nowhere you can follow
"The most important intellectual alive" is a pathological ayatollah of anti-American hate -- and the leader of the treacherous fifth-column Left.

By David Horowitz

Sep 26, 2001 (.....)There are many who ask how it is possible that our most privileged and educated youth should come to despise their own nation -- a free, open, democratic society -- and to do so with such ferocious passion. They ask how it is possible for American youth to even consider lending comfort and aid to the Osama bin Ladens and the Saddam Husseins (and the Communists before them). A full answer would involve a search of the deep structures of the human psyche, and its irrepressible longings for a redemptive illusion. But the short answer is to be found in the speeches and writings of an embittered academic and his intellectual supporters.

(.....)
One little pamphlet of Chomsky's -- "What Uncle Sam Really Wants" -- has already sold 160,000 copies, but this represents only the tip of the Chomsky iceberg. His venomous message is spread on tapes and CDs, and on the campus lecture circuit; he is promoted at rock concerts by superstar bands such as Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine and U-2 (whose lead singer Bono called Chomsky a "rebel without a pause"). He is the icon of Hollywood stars like Matt Damon whose genius character in the Academy Award-winning film "Good Will Hunting" is made to invoke Chomsky as the go-to authority for political insight.

(.....)
In fact, the Trade Center and the Pentagon targets of the terrorists present a real political problem for American leftists like Chomsky, who know better than to celebrate an event that is the almost predictable realization of their agitations and their dreams. The destroyed buildings are the very symbols of the American empire with which they have been at war for 50 years. In a memoir published on the eve of the attack, the '60s American terrorist Bill Ayers recorded his joy at striking one of these very targets: "Everything was absolutely ideal on the day I bombed the Pentagon. The sky was blue. The birds were singing. And the bastards were finally going to get what was coming to them." In the wake of Sept. 11, Ayers -- a "Distinguished Professor of Education[!] at the University of Chicago -- had to feverishly backtrack and explain that these revealing sentiments of an "anti-war" leftist do not mean what they obviously do. Claiming to be "filled with horror and grief," Ayers attempted to reinterpret his terrorist years as an effort to explore his own struggle with "the intricate relationships between social justice, commitment and resistance."

(.....)The twin towers are palace of the Great Satan himself -- they are the belly of the beast, the object of Chomsky's lifelong righteous wrath. But he is too clever and too cowardly to admit it. He knows that in the hour of the nation's grief the fact itself is a third rail he must avoid. And so he dismisses the very meaning of the terrorists' target in these words:

"The primary victims, as usual, were working people: janitors, secretaries, firemen, etc. It is likely to be a crushing blow to Palestinians and other poor and oppressed people."
Chomsky's deception which attempts to erase the victims who were not merely "janitors, secretaries, firemen, etc.," tells us more than we might care to know about his own standard of human concern.

(.....)Chomsky offers this instruction in his 1986 pamphlet "What Uncle Sam Really Wants":

"The people of the Third World need our sympathetic understanding and, much more than that, they need our help. We can provide them with a margin of survival by internal disruption in the United States. Whether they can succeed against the kind of brutality we impose on them depends in large part on what happens here."
This is the voice of the fifth-column Left. Disruption in this country is what the terrorists want, and what the terrorists need, and what the followers of Noam Chomsky intend to give them.

In his address before Congress on Sept. 19, President Bush reminded us:

"We have seen their kind before. They are the heirs of all the murderous ideologies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions, by abandoning every value except the will to power, they follow in the path of fascism, Nazism and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way to where it ends in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies."

President Bush was talking about the terrorists and their sponsors abroad. But he might just as well have been talking about their fifth-column allies at home.

It's time for Americans who love their country to stand up, and defend it.

http://dir.salon.com/story/news/col/horo/2001/09/26/treason/index2.html

Last edited:
Follow the copyright rules and only post a snippet from the original article.

Horowitz is great!

Horowitz is great!
I just got tired of the Chomsky love fetish going on, and decided to post the full thing.

Also loosecannon, even your own wiki link admits he turned to the right in the 1970s (so has been in the right for 30+ years). :lol:

Last edited:
David Joel Horowitz (born January 10, 1939) is an American conservative writer and policy advocate. Horowitz was a member of the New Left in the late 1960s before moving to the right in the 1970s.

He is a founder and the president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, edits the conservative FrontPage Magazine, and writes for Christopher Ruddy's conservative website NewsMax.[2] Horowitz founded the right-leaning activist group Students for Academic Freedom.

Horowitz was born to a Jewish family in Forest Hills. His parents, Phil and Blanche Horowitz, were high school teachers. He taught English and she taught stenography.[3] Horowitz majored in English and received a BA from Columbia University in 1959 and a master's degree in English literature at University of California, Berkeley.

His parents were long-standing members of the Communist Party.[4][5] Horowitz recounted his estrangement from his parents and gradual shift to the political right in a series of retrospectives, culminating in 1996 in his autobiographical book Radical Son: A Generational Odyssey.

Horowitz co-hosted a 1987 "Second Thoughts Conference" in Washington, D.C., described by Sidney Blumenthal in The Washington Post as his "coming out" as a supporter of the right. According to attendee Alexander Cockburn, at that conference Horowitz recounted that his communist parents had not permitted him or his sister to watch Doris Day and Rock Hudson movies, and instead required them to watch celebratory films about the Soviet Union.[6]
[edit] Career

In the late 1960s, Horowitz was in London working for the Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation[7] where he studied under Ralph Miliband and Isaac Deutscher. In 1971, Horowitz wrote a biography of Deutscher.[8][9]

Horowitz then wrote The Free World Colossus: A Critique of American Foreign Policy in the Cold War and, in the early 1970s, became an editor at the New Left magazine, Ramparts.

Horowitz was a supporter of Huey P. Newton, and raised money for the Black Panther Party. He has written that he recommended that the Panther Party hire a bookkeeper, Betty Van Patter, who was then working for Horowitz at Ramparts. In December 1974, she was murdered.[10] While her murder is unsolved, Horowitz alleges that the Panthers were responsible for her death, motivated, he states, by the desire to stop Van Patter from revealing the party's financial corruption. Later, he cited that experience as the catalyst for reassessing his views that took him from the political left to the political right.

Like I said, a former communist, a supporter of the Black Panthers and a radical leftist more typical of Obama's cabinet than of the right. He is a neocon. And quite likely a career CIA operative in the mold of Marcos Moulitsas and William F Buckley.

David Joel Horowitz (born January 10, 1939) is an American conservative writer and policy advocate. Horowitz was a member of the New Left in the late 1960s before moving to the right in the 1970s.

He is a founder and the president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, edits the conservative FrontPage Magazine, and writes for Christopher Ruddy's conservative website NewsMax.[2] Horowitz founded the right-leaning activist group Students for Academic Freedom.

Horowitz was born to a Jewish family in Forest Hills. His parents, Phil and Blanche Horowitz, were high school teachers. He taught English and she taught stenography.[3] Horowitz majored in English and received a BA from Columbia University in 1959 and a master's degree in English literature at University of California, Berkeley.

His parents were long-standing members of the Communist Party.[4][5] Horowitz recounted his estrangement from his parents and gradual shift to the political right in a series of retrospectives, culminating in 1996 in his autobiographical book Radical Son: A Generational Odyssey.

Horowitz co-hosted a 1987 "Second Thoughts Conference" in Washington, D.C., described by Sidney Blumenthal in The Washington Post as his "coming out" as a supporter of the right. According to attendee Alexander Cockburn, at that conference Horowitz recounted that his communist parents had not permitted him or his sister to watch Doris Day and Rock Hudson movies, and instead required them to watch celebratory films about the Soviet Union.[6]
[edit] Career

In the late 1960s, Horowitz was in London working for the Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation[7] where he studied under Ralph Miliband and Isaac Deutscher. In 1971, Horowitz wrote a biography of Deutscher.[8][9]

Horowitz then wrote The Free World Colossus: A Critique of American Foreign Policy in the Cold War and, in the early 1970s, became an editor at the New Left magazine, Ramparts.

Horowitz was a supporter of Huey P. Newton, and raised money for the Black Panther Party. He has written that he recommended that the Panther Party hire a bookkeeper, Betty Van Patter, who was then working for Horowitz at Ramparts. In December 1974, she was murdered.[10] While her murder is unsolved, Horowitz alleges that the Panthers were responsible for her death, motivated, he states, by the desire to stop Van Patter from revealing the party's financial corruption. Later, he cited that experience as the catalyst for reassessing his views that took him from the political left to the political right.
Like I said, a former communist, a supporter of the Black Panthers and a radical leftist more typical of Obama's cabinet than of the right. He is a neocon. And quite likely a career CIA operative in the mold of Marcos Moulitsas and William F Buckley.
Still ignoring my point that he is NO LONGER A LEFTIST, or are you going to start claiming that anyone who changes their political views to something totally opposite aka the right somehow retains all of their left wing views? Plus keep ignoring it says right there that: " In December 1974, she was murdered.[10] While her murder is unsolved, Horowitz alleges that the Panthers were responsible for her death, motivated, he states, by the desire to stop Van Patter from revealing the party's financial corruption. Later, he cited that experience as the catalyst for reassessing his views that took him from the political left to the political right."

Last edited:
a former communist and former supporter of the Black panthers, a former leftist, a neocon and a kook.

Yet Chomsky is somehow "dangerous".

Pardon me while I point at you and laugh.

"The most important intellectual alive" is a pathological ayatollah of anti-American hate -- and the leader of the treacherous fifth-column Left.

By David Horowitz

Sep 26, 2001 | Without question, the most devious, the most dishonest and -- in this hour of his nation's grave crisis -- the most treacherous intellect in America belongs to MIT professor Noam Chomsky. On the 150 campuses that have mounted "teach-ins" and rallies against America's right to defend herself...

The sick mind of Noam Chomsky - Page 3 - Salon.com

David is the mirror image of Noam. Two very bright paranoid fucks whose weird rantings attract weak minds. :cuckoo:

By David Horowitz

Sep 26, 2001 | Without question, the most devious, the most dishonest and -- in this hour of his nation's grave crisis -- the most treacherous intellect in America belongs to MIT professor Noam Chomsky. On the 150 campuses that have mounted "teach-ins" and rallies against America's right to defend herself...

David is the mirror image of Noam. Two very bright paranoid fucks whose weird rantings attract weak minds. :cuckoo:
This one attracts me personally because I am tired of Noam's ego.

By David Horowitz

Fact: Horowitz was a left wing extremist who became a right wing extremist. See any pattern here?:eusa_whistle:

Fact: Horowitz was a left wing extremist who became a right wing extremist. See any pattern here?:eusa_whistle:
I wouldn't care particularly. Noam I have read enough to be sick of, Horowitz I have only read of today.

I wouldn't care particularly. Noam I have read enough to be sick of, Horowitz I have only read of today.

you really are clueless on this one, eh?

think about what I wrote and what you just said. put them together. form a train of thought. it will take you to an obvious conclusion: you're as nuts as they are. the extremes.

Horowitz is great!

I read Horowitz's books.....they are super-EXCELLENT.

I suggest you read his book: "The ProFessors". Subtitle: " The 101 Most Dangerous Academics in America."

In this book Horowitz exposes 101 totally whacked out LIEberrhoid profs devoting approx 2-3 pages for each.

Not that there are ONLY 101 Nutsos in the Academia of our country. There are probably tens of thousands of these ideological crazies. It's just that he selected 101 because of the ones he carefully researched.

Ex: There is a Florida prof who introduces himself to his incoming classes with the phrase: "I am Prof "So & So".... and I love DICK !!!"

Horowitz correctly warns us that this is one of the MOST CRITICAL DANGERS facing America.

These Dangerous Kooks invariably gain control of the Academic Senates....the ruling body in the Universities....and basically run the curriculum in the Universities in almost ALL our universities across America.

These crazies brainwash our brightest, most idealistic and impressionable youths into being clones of themselves. In turn, these replace their mentors or go on to teach in all the levels of our secondary schools brainwashing our country with their arrant BULLSHIT.

I should know. I am a descendant of a somewhat prominent Aristocracy, and even I turned out to be a Far Out Lefty. This may serve as an example of the persuasive skills of these charlatans. I went to U.C. Berkeley thru to an M.S. Then to Stanford Univ which wasn't much better as far as ideological brainwashing is concerned.

A truly dangerous existing situation for our Country. And, what is worse.....it'll get worse !!!

A MUST READ !!!

Last edited:
and yet Horowitz, a former communist, a former supporter of the Black Panthers, a former liberal elite, a current neocon and a current nutjob is safe?

Or to be taken seriously?

Just to put this thread in perspective:

Visitors found this page by searching for these keywords:
khenpo OR geshe OR tulku OR rinpoche OR kagyu OR nyingma

Anyone who follows Horowitz is a very mentally and emotionally disturbed individual. Horowitz is a former violent liberal who is now a liberal neo-con masquerading as a fauxcon.

Anyone who follows Horowitz is a very mentally and emotionally disturbed individual. Horowitz is a former violent liberal who is now a liberal neo-con masquerading as a fauxcon.

The very fact that the Obamarrhoidal LIEbturds are spewing hatred BIG TIME re Horowitz is PROOF POSITIVE that Horowitz is an IMPORTANT PERSONNA THAT IS ANNIHILATING THEM, AND THEIR IDIOTIC AGENDA !!!

Horowitz is not only infuriating the crazed Marxists, he is incurring the wrath of the demented Islamofascists who, together with these Marxist arseholes, are causing riots at practically every one of Horowitz's college presentations.

If that doesn't motivate you to rush out to buy Horowitz's books, google his articles, and/or attend his many college appearances then you are being derelict in your civic duties.

Last edited:
psst,

"If you took $10,000 to invest 50 years ago, and followed the pattern of investing in the S&P 500 during GOP presidencies, and at 5% in bonds & bank accounts during Democratic presidencies, you'd have about $60,000 today.

If you took the same $10,000 and reversed this, investing in the S&P only during Democratic presidencies, and keeping it in bonds & accounst earning 5% during GOP presidencies, you'd have about $350,000 today.

So conservatives should again ask themselves; "What works?"
"

Noam Chomsky is a distraction fed to you by people who are going to be back in power soon. Hide your wallets. They are an economic cancer. The Bush housing bubble, followed by the Bush Wall street meltdown destroyed this country for the long term.

Last edited:
That article was neither brilliant or convincing. Making presumptions about what the author thinks the intellectual Chomsky really thinks hardly makes for a solid foundation for an argument.

Last edited:
psst,

"If you took $10,000 to invest 50 years ago, and followed the pattern of investing in the S&P 500 during GOP presidencies, and at 5% in bonds & bank accounts during Democratic presidencies, you'd have about $60,000 today.

If you took the same $10,000 and reversed this, investing in the S&P only during Democratic presidencies, and keeping it in bonds & accounst earning 5% during GOP presidencies, you'd have about $350,000 today.

So conservatives should again ask themselves; "What works?"
"

Noam Chomsky is a distraction fed to you by people who are going to be back in power soon. Hide your wallets. They are an economic cancer. The Bush housing bubble, followed by the Bush Wall street meltdown destroyed this country for the long term.

Your post opened threatening to be brilliant but then fell apart completely when you conflated Chomsky with a republican.

Epic fail.

Forum List

Back