The show Naked and Afraid and survivalism

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
I find the show hilarious. First they get eaten by ants and bugs, then comes the sunburns, dehydration, and diareaha. They call each other worthless, and then they get hit by tropical storms. I don't think I have ever seen human beings take more abuse than on that show. The people are fun as well. You have soldiers who say they are survivalists that don't know how to start fires or find water, and one guy even thought he was a ninja. What nature does to these people is brutal. I myself don't have any survival skills, but I'm curious what you think of the show. Do any of you possess mad survival skills? Do you think you could last 20 days out there? Any strategies for going the distance?

The most ridiculous show on TV. Good grief.

How low can this nation go ?? How hard up are people in this country, that they now consider that entertainment ?? Sorry but it's just stupid if you ask me.

How low can this nation go ?? How hard up are people in this country, that they now consider that entertainment ?? Sorry but it's just stupid if you ask me.

Those are my feelings too. "Let's drop some liberal snowflakes off in the middle of nowhere, give them a butter knife and some rope, and call it a TV show."

I tried to watch it for the tits and ass and even those floppy tits and saggy asses were disappointing. Never mind what I imagine they smell like, I bet most of those women don't even shave their pits.

I know it's a stupid dream of mine. I want to see the Browns from the Alaskan Bush People on it!

Those are my feelings too. "Let's drop some liberal snowflakes off in the middle of nowhere, give them a butter knife and some rope, and call it a TV show."

I tried to watch it for the tits and ass and even those floppy tits and saggy asses were disappointing. Never mind what I imagine they smell like, I bet most of those women don't even shave their pits.
Agree it's just STUPID.

I watch it. Learn alot of stuff when the good ones are the challengers. HOWEVER...its pretty fucking stupid to put yourself thru that with NO REWARD except patting yourself on the back. No money. No real fame. Just egomaniac attaboys/girls. And naked to boot. STUPIDITY at the max. But..I still watch. :D

I watch it. Learn alot of stuff when the good ones are the challengers. HOWEVER...its pretty fucking stupid to put yourself thru that with NO REWARD except patting yourself on the back. No money. No real fame. Just egomaniac attaboys/girls. And naked to boot. STUPIDITY at the max. But..I still watch. :D

Some of them get hurt pretty bad. They don't get pulled until things get really bad. One guy had some bacterial infection from a swamp and had a nasty fever and pain. They almost all overestimate their abilities. The episode that shocked me was when they survived for almost the whole 20 days and they get hit bye 70 plus mile per hour winds. Nature really did not want them there. Definitely should not be done for a pat on the back. Some of the stunts in the later Fear Factors were similar in the amount of danger with only a 50,000 dollar award. The worst Naked and Afraid I saw is when they were dropped in a swamp after a Hurricane had destroyed it. Stagnant water and downed trees. One of the most inhospitable environments I ever saw. That is where the guy got the infection. Sure, it is silly, but if you ever wanted to see people suffer, it is definitely the thing to see.

Some of them get hurt pretty bad. They don't get pulled until things get really bad. One guy had some bacterial infection from a swamp and had a nasty fever and pain. They almost all overestimate their abilities. The episode that shocked me was when they survived for almost the whole 20 days and they get hit bye 70 plus mile per hour winds. Nature really did not want them there. Definitely should not be done for a pat on the back. Some of the stunts in the later Fear Factors were similar in the amount of danger with only a 50,000 dollar award. The worst Naked and Afraid I saw is when they were dropped in a swamp after a Hurricane had destroyed it. Stagnant water and downed trees. One of the most inhospitable environments I ever saw. That is where the guy got the infection. Sure, it is silly, but if you ever wanted to see people suffer, it is definitely the thing to see.
They get hurt, yes. But they are idiots. I could see doing this for like 1 million dollars but just for bragging rights? Idiotic. But, I still watch, lol.

i love the men....going...i dont want a princess i want someone to pull their weight then the woman is a bad ass who out does them and the man pouts...my hubby and i have concluded we must love to watch people be miserable...

yall wanna talk trash tv.....love after lock up....

I've watched it over the years. Some of the environments really ARE brutal and some of them are....not. You can tell when they're not and the producers really have to exaggerate the environment. They did one in the "Alabama forest", I think it was. I thought, "Really? Huh. Doesn't seem that tragic to me." I think they mentioned snakes and alligators or something.

Don't get me wrong: I don't even CAMP. I'm a total hotel kinda gal. So none of those would suit me at all. However. There's a great difference between the Central American jungles and the forests of Alabama. I'm thinking.

Agree it's just STUPID.

The hell of it is, they're supposed to be "surviving."

Yet there's a conspicuous absence of firearms in that stupid show. A gun would be the first thing I'd want if I were in their predicament.

Forum List

Back