The Shovel Ready lie.

hahahahahahahaha! I NEVER said that was suppose to be REASSURING! :lol:

Juat that no jobs were taken out of the private sector or money was used of the private sector to do these bail outs, as was stated.

Beats the hell out of me digging into my own pockets for that kind of cash. Kids need to quit school and get a damn job anyway.

it'll get us through the back door, inflation.

but won't we be long gone by then ? My insurance company seems to think so.

I can't help but feel sorry for those people that were laid off because of the huge increases in government spending, including the bailouts and the previous (dis)stimulus packages... and the more that will surely be laid off because of this disstimulus package. Think how many private jobs can be created with that $800B left in the economy? A lot more than the 3 million, which will be about $260k/job, that Obama hopes to create. We're rolling steadily towards fascism, sadly enough.
fyi mash
the $800 billion IS NOT being taken out of the private sector of our economy or out of our pockets, it is money that is being BORROWED from foreign countries such as Saudi Arabia, Japan and China....

The TRILLION plus given to the Banks was also borrowed money....none of this has come from us....it will come from our children and grand children and great grand children and great great grand children....they are the ones stuck with this debt...

Not to mention the fact that Spending with borrowed money is inherently inefficient simply because the Accumulated interest means you pay about 1.60 cents for Every Dollar you spend. Estimates put the 787 Billion package at 1.3 Trillion with interest added.

care

To try and Suggest Borrowing Money does not have a negative effect on our Economy is very disingenuous Care.

Furthermore there is some doubt if they will continue to buy this debt. We may well print much of this money.

Last edited:
The Spending on Medicaid is Simply Going to pay off Debts, and Fill Budget gaps in the States Budgets people. It is not going to create jobs. WAKE THE HELL UP! you've been duped if you believe otherwise!

The Main Job creating part of this package is the Infrastructure spending, and as we have established that is only 50 Billion of the total 787 Billion, and will be spent over a long drawn out process as the projects progress.

The only real immediate stimulus to the Economy in this is the tax cuts. Which frankly are far to small to help. Most Americans will see 400 Dollars and another 65 Dollars a month. As I have pointed out the Borrowing or Printing to cover all this, and tarp, and Obama's New Mortgage Bail out, and what ever else they are going to spend on this year will cause both rising Interest rates, and Inflation of prices, especially energy. That rise in cost to us will easily eat up those tiny tax cuts.

I am sure you guys will never admit it, and will deny all proof of it as this plays out, but this whole package will have very little stimulative Effect, and will in the end increase the downward pressure on our Economy. Now that is not to say the Economy will get worse, because Most Economist Agree it will eventually come back in a year or so on its own. This bill may simply slow the process or at best have little effect at all, then things will get better and you all will claim victory, the American Sheep will buy it, and we will all live happily ever after in Democrat One party state utopia. Until of course our overwhelming Debt causes or demise.

Congrats Libs!

Last edited:
Money borrowed by the federal government equals a future tax on American citizens, because eventually the federal government has to pay that money back.

how many new jobs will increased spending on medicaid provide? I can't find the figure anywhere?

what does protect the vulnerable mean?

It is not just about replacing lost jobs, I think.

It's also about keeping jobs that exist now, in place, too.

The states, almost all of them, are in big trouble because of Medicade and Medicare payments.

I'm not happy about this stimulus as designed, either.

But they're desperate to get money back into ciculation and they are, I think, just throwing money at whatever project was already online for funding.

The administration effectively protected themselves from ridicule and blame by placing the "or save" technicality into their jobs prospects for the stimulus bill.

If not one job is created, they still win so long as none were lost.

Not that no more jobs lost is a bad thing, but let's be honest, everyone who backs this bill does so because they expect it to CREATE jobs.

It's deception at best, and it's no better than the bullshit the Bush admin pulled for 8 years.

The administration effectively protected themselves from ridicule and blame by placing the "or save" technicality into their jobs prospects for the stimulus bill.

If not one job is created, they still win so long as none were lost.

No they won't. There's far too many reality based people likemyself who are more than ready to point out the failings of this ADMIN, just as we pointed out the failings of the BushII admin.

Not that no more jobs lost is a bad thing, but let's be honest, everyone who backs this bill does so because they expect it to CREATE jobs.

Yes, I think that's a fair assessment of expectations.

It's deception at best, and it's no better than the bullshit the Bush admin pulled for 8 years.

Well nobody's tapped me with a huge grant and my project is not only shovel ready it's been shoveling right along for the last decade.

I can put ten people to work tomorrow if I find the funding.

I'll be one of those, of course.

Forum List

Back