The shit hits the fan...

Irony...

Progressives in Iran take to the streets to protest oppression and the status quo...conservatives in Iran support the authoritarian regime and chant "death to America"...

Conservatives in America defend progressives right to protest in Iran...just not in America...then they're called lawless dissidents and UN American ...

Conservatism is based on latitude, longitude and date of birth.
Bfgrn

Really?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...hould-the-us-approach-iran-2.html#post1288948

Your "letter's" pretext...

"This may help clarify matters for those who wonder what the Iranian dissidents want. I posted it on my blog a while ago. As I said on my blog, we are all getting various things whose authenticity requires skepticism. I'm confident of the channel — a person who is directly in contact with Mousavi and his people — but I can't swear this has been approved by Mousavi himself. Still, I do think it reflects the state of mind of his people. Notice that it doesn't bear his signature; it's from "the office."
Michael Ledeen

Who is Michael Ledeen?

From "creative destruction" to "total war," the guiding beliefs of the most aggressive foreign policymakers in the Bush administration may originate in the works of an influential yet rarely seen neoconservative.

Most Americans have never heard of Michael Ledeen, but if the United States ends up in an extended shooting war throughout the Middle East, it will be largely due to his inspiration.
http://www.alternet.org/story/15860/

YOU are not very smart Annie; but I'm sure Ledeen soothes your pea brain dogma....

Irony...

Progressives in Iran take to the streets to protest oppression and the status quo...conservatives in Iran support the authoritarian regime and chant "death to America"...

Conservatives in America defend progressives right to protest in Iran...just not in America...then they're called lawless dissidents and UN American ...

Conservatism is based on latitude, longitude and date of birth.
Bfgrn

Really?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...hould-the-us-approach-iran-2.html#post1288948

"This may help clarify matters for those who wonder what the Iranian dissidents want. I posted it on my blog a while ago. As I said on my blog, we are all getting various things whose authenticity requires skepticism. I'm confident of the channel — a person who is directly in contact with Mousavi and his people — but I can't swear this has been approved by Mousavi himself. Still, I do think it reflects the state of mind of his people. Notice that it doesn't bear his signature; it's from "the office."
Michael Ledeen

Who is Michael Ledeen?

From "creative destruction" to "total war," the guiding beliefs of the most aggressive foreign policymakers in the Bush administration may originate in the works of an influential yet rarely seen neoconservative.

Most Americans have never heard of Michael Ledeen, but if the United States ends up in an extended shooting war throughout the Middle East, it will be largely due to his inspiration.

YOU are not very smart Annie; but I'm sure Ledeen soothes your pea brain dogma....

For some reason your evaluation of my critical thinking skills doesn't quite hit me the way other's opinions might, first off, at least I know how to link back to a post in an honest way. You on the other hand, do not. Correct link to my post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...hould-the-us-approach-iran-3.html#post1289559

However, your post primary purpose seems to be to criticize Ledeen, using Alter-net link. No agenda there, right? :lol: Even if his credentials were not 'up to your rigorous standards', :rolleyes: in this case wouldn't really matter, as the purpose of his entry was informative, not substantive. He goes out of his was to include the caveats necessary to the reader; however it seems you failed to understand those key phrases, so I highlighted them:

What Does Mousavi Think? - Michael Ledeen - The Corner on National Review Online

What Does Mousavi Think? [Michael Ledeen]
This may help clarify matters for those who wonder what the Iranian dissidents want. I posted it on my blog a while ago. As I said on my blog, we are all getting various things whose authenticity requires skepticism. I'm confident of the channel — a person who is directly in contact with Mousavi and his people — but I can't swear this has been approved by Mousavi himself. Still, I do think it reflects the state of mind of his people. Notice that it doesn't bear his signature; it's from "the office."

From the Office of Mr. Mir Hossein Mousavi

To the President of the USA, Mr. Barack Hussein Obama:

Dear Mr. President,

In the name of the Iranian people, we want you to know that when you recently made the statement "Achmadinejad or Mousavi? Two of a kind,” we consider this as a grave and deep insult, not just to Mr. Mousavi but especially against the judgment of the Iranian people, against our moral conviction and intelligence, especially those of the young generation that comprises a population of 31 million.

It is a specially grave insult for those who are now fighting for democracy and freedom, and an unwarranted gift and even praise for Mr. Khamenei, whose security forces are now killing peaceful Iranians in the streets of every major city in the country.

Your statement misled the people of the world. It was no doubt inspired by your hope for dialogue with this regime, but you cannot possibly believe in promises from a regime that lies to its own people and then kills them when they demand the promises be kept.

By such statements, your administration and you discourage the Iranian people, who believe and trust in the values of democracy and freedom. We are pleased to see that you have condemned the regime’s murderous violence, and we look forward to stronger support for the rightful struggle of the Iranian people against the actions of a regime that is your enemy as well as ours.

06/20 11:26 PM​

Michael Ledeen

Who is Michael Ledeen?

For some reason your evaluation of my critical thinking skills doesn't quite hit me the way other's opinions might, first off, at least I know how to link back to a post in an honest way. You on the other hand, do not. Correct link to my post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...hould-the-us-approach-iran-3.html#post1289559

However, your post primary purpose seems to be to criticize Ledeen, using Alter-net link. No agenda there, right? :lol: Even if his credentials were not 'up to your rigorous standards', :rolleyes: in this case wouldn't really matter, as the purpose of his entry was informative, not substantive. He goes out of his was to include the caveats necessary to the reader; however it seems you failed to understand those key phrases, so I highlighted them:

What Does Mousavi Think? - Michael Ledeen - The Corner on National Review Online

This may help clarify matters for those who wonder what the Iranian dissidents want. I posted it on my blog a while ago. As I said on my blog, we are all getting various things whose authenticity requires skepticism. I'm confident of the channel — a person who is directly in contact with Mousavi and his people — but I can't swear this has been approved by Mousavi himself. Still, I do think it reflects the state of mind of his people. Notice that it doesn't bear his signature; it's from "the office."

Dear Mr. President,

In the name of the Iranian people, we want you to know that when you recently made the statement "Achmadinejad or Mousavi? Two of a kind,” we consider this as a grave and deep insult, not just to Mr. Mousavi but especially against the judgment of the Iranian people, against our moral conviction and intelligence, especially those of the young generation that comprises a population of 31 million.

It is a specially grave insult for those who are now fighting for democracy and freedom, and an unwarranted gift and even praise for Mr. Khamenei, whose security forces are now killing peaceful Iranians in the streets of every major city in the country.

Your statement misled the people of the world. It was no doubt inspired by your hope for dialogue with this regime, but you cannot possibly believe in promises from a regime that lies to its own people and then kills them when they demand the promises be kept.

By such statements, your administration and you discourage the Iranian people, who believe and trust in the values of democracy and freedom. We are pleased to see that you have condemned the regime’s murderous violence, and we look forward to stronger support for the rightful struggle of the Iranian people against the actions of a regime that is your enemy as well as ours.

There is no debate concerning your "critical thinking skills"...you ARE a right wing PEA brain...IF Michael Ledeen really considered the "caveats" of the letter, he would NOT have posted it on his blog...

Micheal Ledeen...neoconservative and a Jew...

YOUR critical thinking skills lead you to follow the neocons??? And then you question a critic's AGENDA!!!

AGENDA
The neocons who pushed Clinton for military intervention in the Middle East BEFORE 911...
AGENDA
The neocons who convinced Bush to invade Iraq after their "Pearl Harbor" moment; 911...
AGENDA
The neocons who's allegiance to Israel causes them to call anyone who questions their beliefs antisemitic...ask General Anthony Zinni....From 1997 to 2000, Zinni was commander-in-chief of the United States Central Command, in charge of all American troops in the Middle East.
AGENDA
And not just ANY neocon...Michael Ledeen...the most aggressive foreign policymakers in the Bush administration

There is ONLY ONE key sentence in Ledeen's "caveats"...I do think it reflects the state of mind of his people

NO, it reflects YOUR state of mind and your AGENDA Mr.Ledeen...warmonger and agent for Israel...

Zinni is talking about a group of policymakers within the administration known as "the neo-conservatives" who saw the invasion of Iraq as a way to stabilize American interests in the region and strengthen the position of Israel. They include Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz; Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith; Former Defense Policy Board member Richard Perle; National Security Council member Eliot Abrams; and Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

Zinni believes they are political ideologues who have hijacked American policy in Iraq.

“I think it's the worst kept secret in Washington. That everybody - everybody I talk to in Washington has known and fully knows what their agenda was and what they were trying to do,” says Zinni.

“And one article, because I mentioned the neo-conservatives who describe themselves as neo-conservatives, I was called anti-Semitic. I mean, you know, unbelievable that that's the kind of personal attacks that are run when you criticize a strategy and those who propose it. I certainly didn't criticize who they were. I certainly don't know what their ethnic religious backgrounds are. And I'm not interested.”

Michael Ledeen

Who is Michael Ledeen?

Dear Mr. President,

There is no debate concerning your "critical thinking skills"...you ARE a right wing PEA brain...IF Michael Ledeen really considered the "caveats" of the letter, he would NOT have posted it on his blog...

YOUR critical thinking skills lead you to follow the neocons??? And then you question a critic's AGENDA!!!

AGENDA
The neocons who pushed Clinton for military intervention in the Middle East BEFORE 911...
AGENDA
The neocons who convinced Bush to invade Iraq after their "Pearl Harbor" moment; 911...
AGENDA
The neocons who's allegiance to Israel causes them to call anyone who questions their beliefs antisemitic...ask General Anthony Zinni....From 1997 to 2000, Zinni was commander-in-chief of the United States Central Command, in charge of all American troops in the Middle East.
AGENDA
And not just ANY neocon...Michael Ledeen...the most aggressive foreign policymakers in the Bush administration

There is ONLY ONE key sentence in Ledeen's "caveats"...I do think it reflects the state of mind of his people

NO, it reflects YOUR state of mind and your AGENDA Mr.Ledeen...warmonger and agent for Israel...

Zinni is talking about a group of policymakers within the administration known as "the neo-conservatives" who saw the invasion of Iraq as a way to stabilize American interests in the region and strengthen the position of Israel. They include Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz; Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith; Former Defense Policy Board member Richard Perle; National Security Council member Eliot Abrams; and Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

Zinni believes they are political ideologues who have hijacked American policy in Iraq.

“I think it's the worst kept secret in Washington. That everybody - everybody I talk to in Washington has known and fully knows what their agenda was and what they were trying to do,” says Zinni.

“And one article, because I mentioned the neo-conservatives who describe themselves as neo-conservatives, I was called anti-Semitic. I mean, you know, unbelievable that that's the kind of personal attacks that are run when you criticize a strategy and those who propose it. I certainly didn't criticize who they were. I certainly don't know what their ethnic religious backgrounds are. And I'm not interested.”

You're correct, no 'debate' is possible with someone of your ilk who's only purpose appears to be to deflect any reasonable arguments with lies and straw men. "Pea brain" must be your medical diagnosis? LOL! That term would be a compliment to your abilities. Left wing tool would also be an overstatement, for it would reflect competency at what you appear to be attempting, but you fail. Big time.

[/INDENT]

AGENDA
AGENDA
AGENDA
AGENDA

You're correct, no 'debate' is possible with someone of your ilk who's only purpose appears to be to deflect any reasonable arguments with lies and straw men. "Pea brain" must be your medical diagnosis? LOL! That term would be a compliment to your abilities. Left wing tool would also be an overstatement, for it would reflect competency at what you appear to be attempting, but you fail. Big time.

REASONABLE argument? OK, here's a few for you to "think" about...

There's one common belief shared by most Iranians ..."America is an evil imperial empire". It has permeated that society for almost 60 years...

SO, there is only ONE possible excuse Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad can use to justify killing, beating and jailing the people of their own country... "They are NOT Iranians, they are agents of America, the evil imperial empire...

AND YOU want President Obama to give Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ALL the ammunition and PROOF they are desperate for?

IF you TRULY stand with the protesters in Iran; shut the fuck up OR buy a plane ticket to Iran and literally STAND with the protesters that you seek to bring hatred of America's wrath upon!!!

IF Iran had come out before the election and said they support Obama over McCain for president, what would YOUR response be...oh, then I should vote for Obama too, OR Obama is a puppet for Iran?

You may be able to think; you just can't think in ANY way that isn't selfish...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

AGENDA
AGENDA
AGENDA
AGENDA

There's one common belief shared by most Iranians ..."America is an evil imperial empire". It has permeated that society for almost 60 years...

SO, there is only ONE possible excuse Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad can use to justify killing, beating and jailing the people of their own country... "They are NOT Iranians, they are agents of America, the evil imperial empire...

AND YOU want President Obama to give Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ALL the ammunition and PROOF they are desperate for?

IF you TRULY stand with the protesters in Iran; shut the fuck up OR buy a plane ticket to Iran and literally STAND with the protesters that you seek to bring hatred of America's wrath upon!!!

IF Iran had come out before the election and said they support Obama over McCain for president, what would YOUR response be...oh, then I should vote for Obama too, OR Obama is a puppet for Iran?

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

Once again, albeit without your normal name calling, you present straw men for others to bat down. You build them on the premise that US is always wrong. The the 'right' should just STFU, which of course is just an attempt to silence dissension, which does make one wonder whether YOU stand with the mullahs or the protesters.

After post after post of your vacillating between straw men, name calling, and throwing all the crap you can find against the wall, I'm not going to bother with you for a bit. There are too many honest and thoughtful posters, on all points on the political spectrum to interact with you.

Oscar Wilde

Once again, albeit without your normal name calling, you present straw men for others to bat down. You build them on the premise that US is always wrong. The the 'right' should just STFU, which of course is just an attempt to silence dissension, which does make one wonder whether YOU stand with the mullahs or the protesters.

After post after post of your vacillating between straw men, name calling, and throwing all the crap you can find against the wall, I'm not going to bother with you for a bit. There are too many honest and thoughtful posters, on all points on the political spectrum to interact with you.

Thanks for the PROOF you can't think in ANY way that isn't selfish...Now I understand; this isn't about the protesters in Iran and what THEY want...this is about America, and what YOU want...

Try to get this through your head...it doesn't matter one iota IF America is to blame, it ONLY matters if America is PERCEIVED by the people of Iran to be behind these protests...and while YOU are feeling all patriotic and self righteous, you will be bringing death to people that DON'T want you to interfere!!!

Yes Annie, I think you should cut & run, you're way out of your league and you keep getting your little pea handed to you...

"And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient - that we are only six percent of the world's population - that we cannot impose our will upon the other ninety-four percent of mankind - that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity - and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem."
President John F. Kennedy

Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the PROOF you can't think in ANY way that isn't selfish...Now I understand; this isn't about the protesters in Iran and what THEY want...this is about America, and what YOU want...

Try to get this through your head...it doesn't matter one iota IF America is to blame, it ONLY matters if America is PERCEIVED by the people of Iran to be behind these protests...and while YOU are feeling all patriotic and self righteous, you will be bringing death to people that DON'T want you to interfere!!!

Yes Annie, I think you should cut & run, you're way out of your league and you keep getting your little pea handed to you...

"And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient - that we are only six percent of the world's population - that we cannot impose our will upon the other ninety-four percent of mankind - that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity - and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem."

Howso?

What you're saying is that you will allow perception to paralyze you into inaction. It's an interesting dilemma to be sure. But your answer to it is as worthless as those calling for US armed invasion.

Howso?

What you're saying is that you will allow perception to paralyze you into inaction. It's an interesting dilemma to be sure. But your answer to it is as worthless as those calling for US armed invasion.

Which of course, I never did! :lol:

Howso?

Didn't mean to imply that you did. I don't recall who exactly was talking such nonsense. However, completely ignoring the crap is just as nonsensical. They're blaming us for it anyway. They always do. I'm just surprised we haven't heard from the US "blame the US too" crowd on here.

Howso?

Didn't mean to imply that you did. I don't recall who exactly was talking such nonsense. However, completely ignoring the crap is just as nonsensical. They're blaming us for it anyway. They always do. I'm just surprised we haven't heard from the US "blame the US too" crowd on here.

Careful Gunny, he may be forced to call you a name or something. Arguments? :doubt: A little short on that.

Howso?

"allow perception to paralyze you into inaction"... So what you're really saying Gunny; there must BE action...America MUST interfere in another country's election, politics and their choices...On WHOSE behalf?

WHAT would you have the President say?
WHAT would you have the President do?
Lay it OUT...

Howso?

"allow perception to paralyze you into inaction"... So what you're really saying Gunny; there must BE action...America MUST interfere in another country's election, politics and their choices...On WHOSE behalf?

Lay it OUT...
no, that isnt what he said at all
:rolleyes:
then you wonder why MOST people think you are a fucking moron

Howso?

Lay it OUT...

It IS what he implied...notice he didn't answer?

A) I KNOW I am not a moron...
B) I don't wonder what MOST people think...
C) YOU don't speak for "most people", you speak only for YOU.
D) I don't CARE what anyone thinks, I voice my opinions based on intelligence, research, facts, my years of experience and reality...
E) What a pea brain like you "thinks" is below what my 3 dogs think, at LEAST they have instincts (and personalities, another strike against you)
F) Your cognitive grade...

"I think it’s just crazy. It's part of that worldview that led us to where we are. Think about it. The United States went and negotiated with and supported Saddam Hussein himself against Iran under this notion that sometimes my enemy is my friend. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That emboldened Saddam Hussein and allowed him to invade Kuwait. It made us go to war that we did not finish and did not take Saddam Hussein out."
Former Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas) 12/11/06 (The Hill)

Lay it OUT...

It IS what he implied...notice he didn't answer?

A) I KNOW I am not a moron...

<deleted moronic bullshit>
would a moron actually be able to know they were a moron :think:

Last edited:
and why is it morons always think if they post a quote from someone else, that it makes their moronic bullshit more credible?

Howso?

Lay it OUT...

Think? :confused:

would a moron actually be able to know they were a moron :think:

and why is it morons always think if they post a quote from someone else, that it makes their moronic bullshit more credible?

1) What is a moron.
"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Greek word moros, which meant "dull" (as opposed to "sharp"), and used to describe a person with a mental age located between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). wiki

2) What would be the cognitive traits of a moron?
Someone that exhibits no capability to structure thoughts in paragraph or essay form. A moron is only capable of obnoxious one sentence venom and anger that has no purpose but lashing out and spewing venom...

3) THAT would be YOU...

4) Why is it that a moron has set ideas based on fear or dogma, and that moron is totally obtuse to words of wisdom or irony from credible figures from history?

5) Because he/she/it IS a moron...YOU (refer to #3)

The angry people are those people who are most afraid.
Dr. Robert Anthony

Forum List

Back