The Ship of State...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><a href=http://news.independent.co.uk/low_res/story.jsp?story=557726&host=3&dir=70>New dirt thrown in squabble over candidates' war records</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles

The controversy over John Kerry's Vietnam War record looked set yesterday to escalate into a duel between the two competing presidential campaigns, after new, unflattering details emerged about George Bush's much questioned National Guard service in Texas and Alabama in 1971-72.

The widow of one of the Bush family's closest confidants of the period alleged that the reason the young Mr Bush was transferred to Alabama was that his drunken, boorish behaviour was becoming a political liability for his father - who was serving as US ambassador to the United Nations - and the family was keen to get him out of Texas.

Linda Allison said she never once saw him in uniform in Alabama, despite the Bush family's protestations to the contrary. Instead, he was attached to the Republican Senate campaign that her husband Jimmy was running. Corroborating earlier first-hand accounts, she said George W would sleep in late after all-night benders, arrive at the office around noon and leave early.

On election night, when it became clear that the campaign to unseat the incumbent Democratic senator, John Sparkman failed, Ms Allison said she encountered Mr Bush urinating on a car in the campaign parking lot. She later heard that he had yelled obscenities at police officers.

Ms Allison's account, which she gave to the online magazine Salon.com, was one of a number of indications of a backlash against the President after weeks of attacks on Senator Kerry's Vietnam War record by a group of ardent pro-Bush Republicans calling themselves Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.</blockquote>

Like the proverbial turd in a punchbowl, the sordid truth of Dubbyuh's "war years" floats to the surface. Yessiree folks, this is the man who want to steer the ship of state. The only problem is he's about to gut the ship on the reefs of the real world rather than sail on the seas of his ETOH impaired vision of the world. Twenty plus years of alcohol abuse leaves a permanent mark on one's cognitive abilities, as Dubbyuh so readily demonstrates. It's time to throw the cap'n overboard and get a steady hand at the helm.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h2><a href=http://news.independent.co.uk/low_res/story.jsp?story=557726&host=3&dir=70>New dirt thrown in squabble over candidates' war records</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles

The controversy over John Kerry's Vietnam War record looked set yesterday to escalate into a duel between the two competing presidential campaigns, after new, unflattering details emerged about George Bush's much questioned National Guard service in Texas and Alabama in 1971-72.

The widow of one of the Bush family's closest confidants of the period alleged that the reason the young Mr Bush was transferred to Alabama was that his drunken, boorish behaviour was becoming a political liability for his father - who was serving as US ambassador to the United Nations - and the family was keen to get him out of Texas.

Linda Allison said she never once saw him in uniform in Alabama, despite the Bush family's protestations to the contrary. Instead, he was attached to the Republican Senate campaign that her husband Jimmy was running. Corroborating earlier first-hand accounts, she said George W would sleep in late after all-night benders, arrive at the office around noon and leave early.

On election night, when it became clear that the campaign to unseat the incumbent Democratic senator, John Sparkman failed, Ms Allison said she encountered Mr Bush urinating on a car in the campaign parking lot. She later heard that he had yelled obscenities at police officers.

Ms Allison's account, which she gave to the online magazine Salon.com, was one of a number of indications of a backlash against the President after weeks of attacks on Senator Kerry's Vietnam War record by a group of ardent pro-Bush Republicans calling themselves Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.</blockquote>

Like the proverbial turd in a punchbowl, the sordid truth of Dubbyuh's "war years" floats to the surface. Yessiree folks, this is the man who want to steer the ship of state. The only problem is he's about to gut the ship on the reefs of the real world rather than sail on the seas of his ETOH impaired vision of the world. Twenty plus years of alcohol abuse leaves a permanent mark on one's cognitive abilities, as Dubbyuh so readily demonstrates. It's time to throw the cap'n overboard and get a steady hand at the helm.

Ya know Bully, this is a losing issue. No matter your take on GW, there is nothing to say he's been 'drinking' for quite a period of time. You think 'damage done' but many would disagree. Do you really want to keep dwelling on Kerry's war record? The Swiftee's? Wouldn't you all rather move onto more recent history, such as Kerry's Senate record? GW's record as Gov? or President?

And once again, it's a "he said, she said, they said". No proof.

pulit... your earlier attempts at distorting/slandering the Prez's military have been lame, as is this one, and no doubt all your subsequent ones will be.

Do you need a time out? You seem to be a little over the top.

Pale Rider said:
And once again, it's a "he said, she said, they said". No proof.

pulit... your earlier attempts at distorting/slandering the Prez's military have been lame, as is this one, and no doubt all you subsequent ones will be.

Do you need a time out? You seem to be a little over the top.

What's to slander? You call the truth a lie and a lie the truth...Big Brother is watching you. As for Dubbyuh's record, it'll be interesting to watch the fur fly after Ben Barnes has his say this Sunday.

Bullypulpit said:
What's to slander? You call the truth a lie and a lie the truth...Big Brother is watching you. As for Dubbyuh's record, it'll be interesting to watch the fur fly after Ben Barnes has his say this Sunday.

Bully, you are ignoring me? :cry:

Bullypulpit said:

there is one problem. there is NO TANGIBLE PROOF that this whole crock of shit is true. How do you know that this bitch didn't make it up? You must believe everything BAD written about Bush. But then again, you want to believe it's true. Your case is despirate and transparent.

Bullypulpit said:

Right..... I get it. One unknown woman somebody dug up and coached what to say is going to blow the top off everything.... riiiiiiiiiight.

But 264 SWIFT BOAT VETS don't mean shit. You liberals are fucking hysterical.

so what if it is true? i really don't care. Bush is the right man at the right time so go "F" yourself!

Kathianne said:
Bully, you are ignoring me? :cry:
Both parties need to get beyong what happened 35 years ago and debate the issues at hand. With Dubbyuh's dismal record of failure behind him...Well, lets just say he'll get beaten like a gong in that arena. So the GOP slings mud, wraps itself in the flag and claims God has sent them on a mission...Sounds rather like a bad comedy.

fuzzykitten99 said:
there is one problem. there is NO TANGIBLE PROOF that this whole crock of shit is true. How do you know that this bitch didn't make it up? You must believe everything BAD written about Bush. But then again, you want to believe it's true. Your case is despirate and transparent.

Testy...Aren't we.

freeandfun1 said:
so what if it is true? i really don't care. Bush is the right man at the right time so go "F" yourself!

Hmm...Sounds like your ability to judge character is a bit lacking then. But you do seem to be taking a page from the GOP playbook. "I don't care what the facts are...They're wrong anyways, and what I say is all that matters." Tch...Tch...Tch...

Pale Rider said:
Right..... I get it. One unknown woman somebody dug up and coached what to say is going to blow the top off everything.... riiiiiiiiiight.

But 264 SWIFT BOAT VETS don't mean shit. You liberals are fucking hysterical.

She may be inconsequential, Ben Barnes, on the other hand, can sink Dubbyuh's credibility lower than it already is, not that it isn't already lower than whale excrement on the bottom of the ocean.

Bullypulpit said:
Both parties need to get beyong what happened 35 years ago and debate the issues at hand. With Dubbyuh's dismal record of failure behind him...Well, lets just say he'll get beaten like a gong in that arena. So the GOP slings mud, wraps itself in the flag and claims God has sent them on a mission...Sounds rather like a bad comedy.

I didn't cheat. This is as far as I went. I'm assuming you watched last night. What is GW running on from long ago? What is Kerry running on that has anything to do with the present? I'm assuming you are as rational as I believe... to answer this.

Kathianne said:
I didn't cheat. This is as far as I went. I'm assuming you watched last night. What is GW running on from long ago? What is Kerry running on that has anything to do with the present? I'm assuming you are as rational as I believe... to answer this.

Bush isn't running on anything from 37 years ago, Kerry is! Since Bully knows this , he dodged the question (like the rest of his DNC KoolAde drinkers) You expect anything else :laugh:

Bullypulpit said:
She may be inconsequential, Ben Barnes, on the other hand, can sink Dubbyuh's credibility lower than it already is, not that it isn't already lower than whale excrement on the bottom of the ocean.

Ben Barnes? Never heard of him either pulit. What you and all your fellow liberal belly crawlers fail to see is, there's not a person on the planet that you desperates can dig up that can hurt the Prez now. At this point, we all know it would be someone you'd hand molded, and concocted some tepid story for, just like the woman and story you're trying to push off on us now.

No... the Prez is in great shape pulit, and that's what irk's the piss otta you liberals.

The Prez will win in a landslide. You're going to have to live with that.

Pale Rider said:
Ben Barnes? Never heard of him either pulit. What you and all your fellow liberal belly crawlers is, there's not a person on the planet that you desperates can dig up that can hurt the Prez now. At this point, we all know it would be someone you'd hand molded, and concocted some tepid story for, just like the woman and story you're trying to push off on us now.

No... the Prez is in great shape pulit, and that's what irk's the piss otta you liberals.

The Prez will win in a landslide. You're going to have to live with that.

haha i doubt Bully believes the 11 point lead Bush has at the moment. he probably thinks its some right wing conspiracy.

Bullypulpit said:

John Kerry is the one running on the past. He wants to run on it, but at the same time not have it discussed. He's as irrational as your are.

Mr.Kerry has to run on his past! thats all the poor bastard has that he can attempt to stand on. :crutch: the end for Kerry&Co is nearing and there aint a thing that Bully and his croonies can do about it. Cept to bitch and moan as usual, and make up crazy shit like the above. so far out there only a few can believe it. Sorry to say Bully took the bait hook,line and sinker. Maybe Bully will tire after

4 MORE YEARS!!!

:dance:

Forum List

Back