The Sherrod mess could get interesting

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
From the information we have now, several things are very interesting.

First did FOX/Briebart know that the inital tape was edited? Did they actually have the whole tape, or was it just the snippet shown. Assuming they only had the snippet, did they actually try to find the rest of it, or did they just post it. If on the other hand they had the whole tape and did the editing themselves, then hoo boy. heads will roll.

The second seperate part is the NAACP and WH/USDA reaction. I am wondering why they didnt do more research themselves beforing forcing a resignation. This plays into the whole "thrown under the bus" meme that has been circulating. Poor judgement by the goverment people in my opinion.

Today should be an interesting round of retractions and aplologies. Out of the whole mess only Sherrod is probably going to come out of this looking clean. As for lawsuits the media people and the NAACP will probably get a pass, as long as they were doing it in good faith (i.e. only had the edited tape.) The big lawsuit loser will be the USDA.

I hope this woman sues them all and ends up OWNING fox news

Never happen. Media organizations have so much protection under the 1A and court jurisprudence that even if FOX edited the tape themselves it probably wouldnt be enough to win a case against them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHQA

the lies are not going to work anymore

You're right the lie that Fox News released a story about this before she resigned is not going to work anymore. It's a flat out lie, and the fact that even after it's been shown to be a lie to you you'll keep saying it is more lies.

But go on, continue to spread your lies.

Rick

the civil case will change their fortunes.

Um, thats what I'm talking about. Proving libel or slander in ANY court against a media organization is next to impossible if it is straight reporting. Only in the case of opinion pieces is there more leeway, and the awards for those are usually pretty small.

From Here (threads should be merged)

This was a great Hack job by the, so called news channel, FOX. They are pretty good at reporting half truths and editing tape to suit their political means.

PHHHTTTTTT>>>>> "Blame the messanger?"

From the OP

the words that eventually led to her losing her job.

"[The white farmer] was trying to show me he was superior to me," she said, recalling the day some 24 years ago. "I knew what he was doing, but he had to come to me for help."

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack issued a statement Tuesday saying the controversy made Sherrod's position as a rural development director, a job she was appointed to last March, untenable. But Vilsack said Wednesday that after learning more about what Sherrod actually said, he would reconsider.

If Secretary Vilsack is such a dumbass as to issue the statement before knowing the facts, then its HIS FAULT, not FNC, or any other media source.

This is only another example of the Cabinet of Underqualified Baffoons Obama the Poster Boy for Minority Social Promotion has appointed.

And Fox DID NOT air this on Monday, when it was first released on an Internet blog....

Even worse.

But let's look at good ol' Tom Vilsack

On November 30, 2006, he formally launched his candidacy for the Democratic Party's nomination for President of the United States in the 2008 election, but ended his bid on February 23, 2007.

Barack Obama announced Vilsack's selection to be the United States Secretary of Agriculture under his administration on December 17, 2008.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........gee, another Obama appointee who had a past of throwing down an election for Obama........:eusa_whistle:

Pattern or coincidence?

I'm beginning to believe Blago......

Last edited:
Yep, Truthdoesn'tmatter can keep spreading her lies and claim her victory over the right all she wants, but the facts don't line up with her delusions.

Rick

hahahahaahahahah'

keep dreaming , its going to be a big bust for teh right.

I wish you would change your avatar so I don't associate that cute doggy with your yappy fucking mouth.:lol:

What avatar could she have that matched her posting style? I certainly have no desire to look at a pile of dog shit as well as read her dog shit that she posts.

I'm sure that this isn't the first time that a news outlet has "edited" a segment, and I doubt that it will be the last. Regardless of whether they did or not, it's not ethical to do so to make a story.

I agree its not ethical and I want ANY so called news to be outed if they spread lies.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/125682-the-white-farmer-speaks-2.html#post2530346
On November 30, 2006, he formally launched his candidacy for the Democratic Party's nomination for President of the United States in the 2008 election, but ended his bid on February 23, 2007.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........gee, another Obama appointee who had a past of throwing down an election for Obama........:eusa_whistle:

Pattern or coincidence?

Are you actually thinking that Vilsack had a chance at the Presidency, but instead said to himself "I think that I will pass on the Presidency so that this fine negro can win...and then he will appoint me as head of the USDA! SWEET!"?

Or do you think maybe he realized that he had no chance in hell of winning?

Forum List

Back