The sheepherders who wrote the Bible are a lot smarter than most atheists

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Atheists think they are smarter than the men who wrote the Bible, but the Bible contains great wisdom that carries down and has relevance even after thousands of years have passed, while most atheists are foolish men who know very little about the world around them, or what Christianity is really about, or what people need to peacefully live with themselves as they transition from this world to the next.

I was told, by a woman I met on Match, she was a nurse who took care of dying patients, that people with good support systems and strong religious faith, experience a much better death than people who have weak support systems, and no religious faith.

And I ask these atheists to consider this, when death is just moments away, will they still be so cocksure of their belief that God is a fairy tale, this world is all there is, and there will be no consequences for any of the bad things they might have done in this life?

I think not.

There is an old adage that there is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.

Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.

The world's greatest collection of editors ever.
Guided by the Holy Spirit.

But King James' scholars were not.

The king told them to deliberately mistranslate Biblical teachings so as to adhere to Protestant doctrines, like faith alone saves, etc.

Atheists think they are smarter than the men who wrote the Bible, but the Bible contains great wisdom that carries down and has relevance even after thousands of years have passed, while most atheists are foolish men who know very little about the world around them, or what Christianity is really about, or what people need to peacefully live with themselves as they transition from this world to the next.

I was told, by a woman I met on Match, she was a nurse who took care of dying patients, that people with good support systems and strong religious faith, experience a much better death than people who have weak support systems, and no religious faith.

And I ask these atheists to consider this, when death is just moments away, will they still be so cocksure of their belief that God is a fairy tale, this world is all there is, and there will be no consequences for any of the bad things they might have done in this life?

I think not.

Plenty of books contain more and deeper wisdom than the bible.

I think not.

Really? I would like to read these great books. Please list them.

I think not.

While belief may make people feel better, as a proof of existence it fails. People used to believe magical charms could protect them from disease. Just because many survived, it doesn't prove they worked.

I think not.

The Dhammapada
Tao te Ching
The Prince by Machiavelli (if you want uncensored wisdom)
A Brief History of Time
The Little Prince
Oh the Places you'll Go

Just a few off the top of my head

I think not.

The Dhammapada
Tao te Ching
The Prince by Machiavelli (if you want uncensored wisdom)
A Brief History of Time
The Little Prince
Oh the Places you'll Go

Just a few off the top of my head
The Little Prince presents a young boy who thinks about the important questions of life, gives up on trying to find any answers, and kills himself in despair.

Are you saying this book is better than the Bible?

So no goat herders wrote any stuff?

upload_2017-7-12_21-41-43.png

The Little Prince presents a young boy who thinks about the important questions of life, gives up on trying to find any answers, and kills himself in despair.

That's not what happens, of course. I could say the same about Jesus, who chooses to get himself killed for... something or other.

That's not what happens, of course. I could say the same about Jesus, who chooses to get himself killed for... something or other.
The Prince by Machiavelli is a great book, yes, but saying it is in the same category, or better, than the Bible, is ridiculous. I'm sure Machiavelli would be appalled if you made that claim in his presence.

Why not say the combined works of Shakespeare is better than the Bible?

At least then, you'd have a credible argument, though you'd still be wrong.

The Prince by Machiavelli is a great book, yes, but saying it is in the same category, or better, than the Bible, is ridiculous. I'm sure Machiavelli would be appalled if you made that claim in his presence.
The Prince tells many ugly truths. The bible tells many ugly falsehoods, and a few happy falsehoods in the New Testament that are largely ignored by modern Christians.

The sheepherders who wrote the Bible are a lot smarter than most atheists

Sheepherders?

Moses? Nope

Paul? Nope

John? Nope

Most writers of the Bible were rich well-educated

Hint: They could write

Double Hint: They could afford paper & pen

Last edited:

Forum List

Back