The "SEXIEST" Car Built In America...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
OK Clay, color aside, because you can get this in any color you want, what do you think about this car?

Myself, IF I had the cash to go SUPER CAR shopping, I would buy American. And although I've been a long time Corvette lover, and do really like the Viper, since the conception of this into a streetable car, THIS is what I would buy. I think this car is more cool than I can put into words....

ford_GT40-03-1024.jpg

gt 40 is a brillant car.....crushed ferarri and porche in the 24 hrs of lemans.....3 years on the trot if memory serves.....i will take mine in red pleas

manu1959 said:
gt 40 is a brillant car.....crushed ferarri and porche in the 24 hrs of lemans.....3 years on the trot if memory serves.....i will take mine in red pleas

You are CORRECT sir, and here is your car...

Ford-GT40_42-1024.jpg

'Tis a very nice car. I think it lacks the sex appeal of the Italian sportscars, this is sort of brute force sports car, but all in all I like it.

I was talking to a guy at the Ford dealership, however, and he seemed less than impressed with the quality of construction. Perhaps they've fixed that through recalls.

I don't think I would feel safe travelling 130 mph in a UAW touched car, just my personal feeling.

Just to look at though, it's a nice car and probably one of the sexiest US-made. It's damn expensive though... DAMN expensive.

National Base Price

MSRP Invoice
$149,995 $137,506

They are suppose to produce 3500 units in five years. Who thinks at this price they'll cut it short? I read that you would be very lucky to buy at MSRP. I priced one, without options just for fun. It came to $153,xxx. and that's before sales tax!

They have always reminded me of a Lambourghini.

(I still like the Enzo)

But for American Made - very sexy, yes.

Forum List

Back