"The Sex Talk".. birds & bees

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I recall in high school my father buying a six pak, taking me out fishing and being prepared to have the talk. Alas, he was far too late, mostly because I grew up in the, "free love" days.

Now-a days and with my children the explanations and warnings started in elementary school.

eh, just seems like a shame to me, childhood innocence gone so early....:dunno:

With my sons I just opened up a newspaper and showed them how much it costs to support a family. Rent, Utilities and such.

When they asked me why I was showing them this I answered: "Because when you get some girl pregnant you're gonna' be out the door providing a home for your new family. I thought you might wanna' know how much it's gonna' cost you ahead of time. By the way, there's no shame in "tossing off".

Oldest son didn't knock any girl up until he got married and my youngest is still single with no kids. My speech must have worked. :D

With my sons I just opened up a newspaper and showed them how much it costs to support a family. Rent, Utilities and such.

When they asked me why I was showing them this I answered: "Because when you get some girl pregnant you're gonna' be out the door providing a home for your new family. I thought you might wanna' know how much it's gonna' cost you ahead of time. By the way, there's no shame in "tossing off".

Oldest son didn't knock any girl up until he got married and my youngest is still single with no kids. My speech must have worked. :D

You sound like a great father, mostly because you prepared your children/adults to take responsibility for their actions.

you both sound like idiots who didnt take the time to educate anyone on birth control etc....

..spreading the sugar there Strollingbones....:lol:

What's your opinion, words of wisdom on this, I'd like to hear it?

Granny says dey'll do dat if ya wear yer perfume too strong...
:eusa_shifty:
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton chased out of Malawi by swarm of BEES
6 Aug.`12 - Insects sparked panic among her detail at airport; Mrs Clinton forced to run for cover and board her jet; Historic visit was part of an 11-day African tour
Hillary Clinton and her team of crack security agents were driven onto a plane and out of Malawi after being attacked by a swarm of bees today. The U.S. Secretary of State was due to depart from the southern African state when the insects sparked panic among her detail. Mrs Clinton ran for cover and boarded her jet before flying out of Kamuzu International Airport in the capital, Lilongwe, to Johannesburg, South Africa. It brought a swift end to her historic six-and-half hour diplomatic mission, which is part of a whistlestop 11-day African tour. According to eye witnesses, scores of both Malawians and Americans including security agents scampered in different directions to take cover. 'There was a slight panic as the bees winged across the airport. People could be seen running away to keep cover as the Secretary of State swiftly boarded her plane to avoid any stings,' a witness told the Nyasa Times. A State Department official didn't respond to an immediate inquiry about the accounts.

Mrs Clinton undertook three engagements in Malawi which included holding bilateral talks with President Joyce Banda at the State House. She also congratulated Banda, one of only two female heads of state in Africa, for pulling her impoverished country back from the economic brink after a political crisis. The U.S. Secretary of State has, among others, pledged a financial support of $36million to strengthen Malawi's agricultural value chain. Mrs Clinton made the pledge when she visited dairy farmers under the Lumbadzi Milk Bulking Group, some 8kms North of Kamuzu International Airport, the Nyasa Times reported. The group is one of the U.S .Government's funded food security programmes under the recently launched US Feed the Future Presidential Initiative. Mrs Clinton, who is also the chairwoman of the U.S. Millennium Challenge Corporation, said the financial support will be given to Malawi stretched in three years time.

Malawi is a recipient of more than $200million U.S. Government aid in health, education, agriculture, economic growth and governance, among other sectors. The U.S. Secretary also visited Lilongwe Girls Secondary School in the capital where she addressed children who are part of another U.S. project, Camp Grow Malawi, which was initiated in the country by U.S. peace corps. The wife of former American President Bill Clinton began her 11-day African tour in Senegal and has already been to Uganda, South Sudan and Kenya and her focus has been on terrorism, Chinese economic development in Africa and democracy. She is expected to wind up her African tour on August 10 in Ghana where she is expected to attend the state funeral of the country's President John Atta Mills who died on July 24. Mrs Clinton becomes the second highest ranking official from the U.S. government to visit Malawi after U.S. former Vice President Dan Quayle in 1991 during the reign of Malawi's founding president Dr Hastings Kamuzu Banda.

Read more: Hillary Clinton chased out of Malawi by swarm of BEES | Mail Online

I recall in high school my father buying a six pak, taking me out fishing and being prepared to have the talk. Alas, he was far too late, mostly because I grew up in the, "free love" days.

Now-a days and with my children the explanations and warnings started in elementary school.

eh, just seems like a shame to me, childhood innocence gone so early....:dunno:

I don't remember the 'talk'. I do remember reading books from an early age, and getting most of my information from them.

I got the "birds" figured out pretty quickly but I still don't understand very much about the "bees".

The expression.."The Birds and the Bees" , this may be where it came from but there's other possibilities at the link.

....just in case You wondered...:dunno:

Another commonly cited source is Cole Porter's neat lyric to the song Let's Do It, 1928:

When the little bluebird
Who has never said a word
Starts to sing Spring
When the little bluebell
At the bottom of the dell
Starts to ring Ding dong Ding dong
When the little blue clerk
In the middle of his work
Starts a tune to the moon up above
It is nature that is all
Simply telling us to fall in love

And that's why birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it
Let's do it, let's fall in love

The birds and the bees

I remember the sex educational video in the 5th grade. Everyone couldn't help but point, laugh, and make related jokes.

But our innocence has been gone way before that. My innocence has been gone since the 2nd grade when one of those nudie pop-ups came up while I was browsing IGN.com (you know... the first days of windows xp or so)

Zombie bees!...
:eek:
'Zombie Bees' Turn Up in Washington State
Sep 25, 2012 - Parasite makes them fly at night before dying
Mark Hohn didn't pay much attention to the dead bees scattered outside his shop when he got home from vacation a few weeks ago. He just pulled out a leaf blower and blasted away the mess. It took him a few days to realize he had an invasion of the living dead on his hands. "I joke with my kids that the zombie apocalypse is starting at my house," said the novice beekeeper. The dead and dying honeybees from Hohn's 1.25-acre spread in Kent are the first in Washington confirmed to be infected by a parasitic fly that causes the bees to lurch around erratically before dropping dead.

The discovery expands the range of the so-called "zombie bees" first discovered in California in 2008 by San Francisco State University biologist John Hafernik. Through his website ZombeeWatch.org, Hafernik is recruiting a network of citizen scientists, like Hohn, to help determine how widespread the parasite is and whether it is contributing to the demise of bee colonies across the country. "We really would like to get more samples from Washington and from all over," Hafernik said.

Unlike healthy bees, which spend the night tucked up in their hive, infected bees fly after dark and tend to congregate at lights. Hohn noticed bees buzzing around the light in his shop, flying in jerky patterns and finally flopping on the floor. He remembered hearing about the zombie bees, so he collected several of the corpses and popped them into a Ziploc bag. "Curiosity got the better of me," he said. The fly's life cycle is gruesomely reminiscent of the movie "Alien" — though they don't pose a risk to people. Adult females, smaller than a fruit fly, land on the backs of foraging honeybees and use their needle-sharp ovipositors to inject eggs into the bee's abdomen. The eggs hatch into maggots. "They basically eat the insides out of the bee," Hafernik said.

After consuming their host, the maggots pupate, forming a hard outer shell that looks like a fat, brown grain of rice. When Hohn looked in his Ziploc bag a week later, he saw several pupae — the smoking gun evidence that his bees were infected. He's still waiting for the first adult flies to emerge from the shells, a process that takes three to four weeks. It's hard to know what effect the parasite is having on his hives, Hohn said. "I don't really have a way to quantify how bad it is, which is the scary part."

More State's first case of 'zombie bees' reported in Kent | Local News | The Seattle Times

Last edited:
My parents never gave me the 'talk'. If I hadn't gotten graphic descriptions of how it was when my more advanced in development girlfriends entered puberty, that would have been a real surprise to me. And there was no such thing as sex education in schools when I was in school other than the coldly clinical education in 10th grade biology. And yet I nevertheless learned where babies came from, how one avoided that, (abstinance was the only sure way), and I and most of my classmates grew up blissfully innocent at least until late highschool. Preganancy out of wedlock for teens was extremely rare and never celebrated nor flaunted. Many of us did marry while still in our teens, however. And most of those marriages, where the guy and the gal are still alive, are still intact and going strong.

I still remember the line from "Armageddon" when the daughter was explaining to her father how she managed to grow up on an offshore oil rig. She learned about the birds and the bees from "Eddie Newman's tattoo". :)

Last edited:
In my family it would have been unimaginable to talk about sex with my parents.
Learning by doing, and talking about experiences with friends.

What did I learn?

That you don't have to love the woman you are sleeping with.
You get it without love also.

In my family it would have been unimaginable to talk about sex with my parents.
Learning by doing, and talking about experiences with friends.

What did I learn?

That you don't have to love the woman you are sleeping with.
You get it without love also.

Why am i not surprised?

yes, we all know about you and the hooker popping your cherry and that you still are so stunted you cant talk to woman.

:lmao:

yes, we all know about you and the hooker popping your cherry and that you still are so stunted you cant talk to woman.
[/COLOR]

:lmao:

Lauging is good against wrinkles although at your age it's too late.
Piss off, grandma.

I can't remember 'the talk' with my parents. I gained a lot of information by reading books though, so that by the time we started sex education in High School, I already knew everything there was to know, and used to educate the teacher (a male) on the facts.

He didn't like it.

Forum List

Back