The sex police

Why can't polygamists marry?
Polygamy invariably leads to the exploitation of women, and often leads to pedophilia.

That's why.

Sound like similar arguments against gay marriage.

Are you prepared to back that up?
No, it is not a similar argument to gay marriage. Nice try.

But I've heard similar arguments.
No, you haven't. What you have heard are made up stories and lies. Irrational arguments against gay marriage not based on facts.

Not similar.

Polygamy invariably leads to the exploitation of women, and often leads to pedophilia.

That's why.

Sound like similar arguments against gay marriage.

Are you prepared to back that up?
No, it is not a similar argument to gay marriage. Nice try.

But I've heard similar arguments.
No, you haven't.

Oh yes I have!

I just love arguing with you.

Actually the gay marriage ruling was so broad that it does permit polygamy and states are jumping through hoops to avoid federal lawsuits. recorded prostitution is free speech.

That's why.
That's not a good reason to ban it. People are responsible for their own actions and should be legally allowed to enter into binding contracts with others. Being a perv leads to pedophilia, but being a perv is legal. Otherwise, I need to go to jail.:lol:

Contract law should have been the basis for allowing gay marriage and is the basis for allowing plural marriage. Contract law is also the basis for not recognizing marriage to a dog, a tree, or a child.
:dunno:

One of the few times I have agreed with the outcome of a case but hated the reasoning was the Obegerfeld v. Hodges case. They could have shot down all bullshit arguments by turning to contract law. Instead, they went into a civil rights argument that just did not work. I hated the reasoning.

Actually the gay marriage ruling was so broad that it does permit polygamy and states are jumping through hoops to avoid federal lawsuits. recorded prostitution is free speech.

The only way for it to become legal I think is for gay polygamists to demand their rights.

Otherwise, forget about it.

Do we really want government to remain in our bedrooms to decide who can marry and who cannot?

Is the lack of a polygamist lobby group the reason why their rights continue to be trampled with impunity?

It's mainly BC we all just accepted that government has the right to choose who marries and who doesn't during the whole gay marriage debate. We got caught up taking sides, with a fake binary choice...when in reality we should've stopped and said, "wait a second, why the hell is this even up to the government?" We're just too busy taking sides and being part of a team.

It's simple math. If there are 50 men and 50 women, and one man marries five women, then four men will have to go without a wife or marry a child.

You end up with only wealthy men having wives, and women treated as commodities.

I have seen research (can't find it right now) that shows that lesbian couples are far better suited to raise children than a hetero couple. In that study, there were examples showing that a gay couple (two men) were much less capable than hetero or lesbian couples.

If that research is true, should we ban hetero marriage now? Should we re-ban gay marriage and only allow lesbo marriage?

It's mainly BC we all just accepted that government has the right to choose who marries and who doesn't during the whole gay marriage debate. We got caught up taking sides, with a fake binary choice...when in reality we should've stopped and said, "wait a second, why the hell is this even up to the government?" We're just too busy taking sides and being part of a team.
This right here, people. Read it. Learn it.

The "left" and "right" are two sides of the same authoritarian coin. REJECT IT!!!

No one wants to pay the social security retirement for the 10 extra wives nor the welfare payment and food stamps for the 50 kids from just one man working....

Do we really want government to remain in our bedrooms to decide who can marry and who cannot?

Is the lack of a polygamist lobby group the reason why their rights continue to be trampled with impunity?

I see no reason why they can't if they are consenting adults

If you are legally allowed to marry one woman and keep another as a mistress, why can't you make both "legal"?
Seems better for society

It's simple math. If there are 50 men and 50 women, and one man marries five women, then four men will have to go without a wife or marry a child.

You end up with only wealthy men having wives, and women treated as commodities.
That's...:lol:

Holy shit!!! What the...?

NO ONE has a right to a wife. NO ONE has a right to a certain type of wife either. This is ridiculous.

If having a hot wife is a right, I am NOT sharing mine, fuckers. I will go down shooting on that one.

If it is consensual, why does it matter?

No one wants to pay the social security retirement for the 10 extra wives nor the welfare payment and food stamps for the 50 kids from just one man working....
I guess he and all his children are screwed, because we shouldn't have to pay for his stupid decisions.

I like Justice Scalia's plaque that he had in his office that stated: "Stupid, but Constitutional." That is what plural marriage is, but it should be allowed.

You think being treated as a commodity is consensual?

Yeah. Women should be barefoot and pregnant, and in the kitchen where they belong.

Polygamy is not about sex, it is about legal commitment

A man can legally have sex with as many women as he wants, he can only legally commit to one

You think being treated as a commodity is consensual?

Yeah. Women should be barefoot and pregnant, and in the kitchen where they belong.

Do you understand what consensual is?
It means you agree to it

If you agree to being treated like shit, it is not my concern

New Topics

Forum List

Back