The Sequestration! Go!

Keep in mind too that this all came about because the GOP wouldn't simply support a clean debt ceiling bill, no strings attached.

The GOP attached the strings, and now they're trying to hang Obama with them.

They had a chance to stop it, but they bullshitted around. Now they are crying. I think it's funny.

Cheney even made an appearance in Congress. Seems his bread and butter defense buddies are in a panic.

They are scared. Here in Arizona these are the scare tactics:

"Arizona could lose more than 49,000 jobs if automatic federal budget cuts are allowed to take effect in January, according to a recent report.
The report for the Aerospace Industries Association said that direct and indirect job losses resulting from spending cuts mandated in the Budget Control Act of 2011 could top 2 million jobs nationally."

Report: Arizona could lose 49,000 jobs if federal budget cuts take effect - East Valley Tribune: Money

I work in the Aerospace defense industry in Arizona and they can't find enough skilled labor to fill all the empty positions. We are on mandatory OT and working 6 days a week, just to keep up. The commercial side more than offsets the US needs.

Now wait just a minute!
Everyone knows that government spending does not create jobs.

Keep in mind, these cuts are part of the deal that Boehner referred to as the GOP getting 98% of what they wanted.

Now, suddenly, it's Obama's fault.

lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n91CM5xH-CY]Boehner: Failed grand bargain came down to taxes - YouTube[/ame]

Just so everyone remembers..

:D

Well yeah..basically.

I seriously hope Obama doesn't cave on this.

He caved on extending the Tax cuts..and it got him nothing.

those huge fed weapons factories (GOVT CREATED JOBS ;) ) in red states seriously need to have their funding cut drastically.

Personally?

I do think that this country has to be "weened" off the spending on Defense.

Dramatic cuts would send some states into a tail spin.

And I for one..am pretty much against anyone losing their jobs.

Yeah, like the 600,000 public sector jobs that have been lost since Republicans took over state houses across the country.

those huge fed weapons factories (GOVT CREATED JOBS ;) ) in red states seriously need to have their funding cut drastically.

Personally?

Yeah, like the 600,000 public sector jobs that have been lost since Republicans took over state houses across the country.

It's not about well they did it..

Republicans aren't about helping people. In fact..they seem to loathe people who work. Well they seem to loathe people in general..but that's another thread.

People in the defense industry are real people with families.

And if there is going to be an impact on their livelihood..that needs to be addressed.

Personally?

The teabaggers/Republicans own a portion of that unemployment rate they keep blaming Obama for.

Personally?

The teabaggers/Republicans own a portion of that unemployment rate they keep blaming Obama for.

And a large portion of it.

ON balancing the budget, paying off the debt and such.
People WILL lose government jobs.
That is a given.

Becuase in spite of all the right wingnut spew govt spending does create jobs.
And govt spending must be cut.
How we do it is the only question.
We also must end the bush tax cut and possibly raise some taxes for a while.

ON balancing the budget, paying off the debt and such.
People WILL lose government jobs.
That is a given.

While we're a long way from even contemplating reducing debt, you're right we must first tackle the budget deficit in order to keep from adding to the debt. Less government jobs would be a consequence, should we ever get serious about our deficit. I'm fine with that. There are far too many government jobs anyway.

Becuase in spite of all the right wingnut spew govt spending does create jobs.
That's short sighted. Sure, there is such a thing as a government jobs but government doesn't really create jobs because it must first take capital out of the economy, causing fewer private sector jobs. At best, government redistributes jobs.

And govt spending must be cut.

Agreed.

How we do it is the only question.

True. Personally, I like the Mack Penny plan, which balances the budget by:
1) Cutting total federal spending by one percent each year for six consecutive years,
2) Setting an overall spending cap of 18 percent of gross domestic product in 2018, and
3) Reducing overall spending by $7.5 trillion over 10 years.

We also must end the bush tax cut and possibly raise some taxes for a while.
The problem with this approach is that there is no guarantee that actual revenues would increase. In fact, many would argue raising taxes would result in less revenue to the government. Some would go even further and would suggest that lowering tax rates would boost the economy and result in more revenue to government. No one knows 100% for sure, but even if you're right and we saw an increase in tax revenues following tax rate increases and new taxes, Washington has demonstrated an unwillingness to reduce the deficit. In other words, they would only spend more. Personally, I'd agree to try higher tax rates after Washington began to live within their means. We have a spending problem first and foremost and it's not one that can be overcome with hope for more tax revenue.

Cheney even made an appearance in Congress. Seems his bread and butter defense buddies are in a panic.

They are scared. Here in Arizona these are the scare tactics:

"Arizona could lose more than 49,000 jobs if automatic federal budget cuts are allowed to take effect in January, according to a recent report.
The report for the Aerospace Industries Association said that direct and indirect job losses resulting from spending cuts mandated in the Budget Control Act of 2011 could top 2 million jobs nationally."

Report: Arizona could lose 49,000 jobs if federal budget cuts take effect - East Valley Tribune: Money

I work in the Aerospace defense industry in Arizona and they can't find enough skilled labor to fill all the empty positions. We are on mandatory OT and working 6 days a week, just to keep up. The commercial side more than offsets the US needs.

Now wait just a minute!
Everyone knows that government spending does not create jobs.
What good is the government creating jobs, if those jobs are being paid for by tax money? That still creates a bigger deficit. o.0

Personally?

Government jobs arent real jobs. and we want less of those, they take taxpayer money, they dont put into the pool, how hard is this to understand?

Personally?

Government jobs arent real jobs. and we want less of those, they take taxpayer money, they dont put into the pool, how hard is this to understand?

This is interesting..

What are "real" jobs..

Exactly?

Personally?

Government jobs arent real jobs
. and we want less of those, they take taxpayer money, they dont put into the pool, how hard is this to understand?

Teachers, police, fire department aren't real jobs?

You're a fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back