The Sequestration! Go!

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Sunset of Bush tax cuts. 600 billion cut to defense. 600 billion cut to domestic.

Sounds like fiscal sanity.

:clap2:

Hopefully it keeps on keeping on!

Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday - POLITICO.com

The Senate showdown over the Bush tax cuts is expected on Wednesday.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) filed cloture on the Senate Democrats’ tax plan Monday, which sets up a key procedural vote on the bill on Wednesday morning unless an agreement is reached with Republicans for an earlier vote.

The Democrats’ plan would only continue existing tax rates for household income under $250,000. For the top 2 percent of earners, income above $250,000 would be taxed at a higher, 39.6 percent rate.

Sunset of Bush tax cuts - Sounds like fiscal sanity.

not much of a Sunset but maybe a beginning ... and hasn't passed yet.

600 billion cut to defense. 600 billion cut to domestic. - that's another story.

Sunset of Bush tax cuts. 600 billion cut to defense. 600 billion cut to domestic.

They had a chance to stop it, but they bullshitted around. Now they are crying. I think it's funny.

Showdown over Bush tax cuts Wednesday - POLITICO.com

The Senate showdown over the Bush tax cuts is expected on Wednesday.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) filed cloture on the Senate Democrats’ tax plan Monday, which sets up a key procedural vote on the bill on Wednesday morning unless an agreement is reached with Republicans for an earlier vote.

The Democrats’ plan would only continue existing tax rates for household income under $250,000. For the top 2 percent of earners, income above $250,000 would be taxed at a higher, 39.6 percent rate.

Sunset of Bush tax cuts - Sounds like fiscal sanity.

not much of a Sunset but maybe a beginning ... and hasn't passed yet.

600 billion cut to defense. 600 billion cut to domestic. - that's another story.

Here's hoping.

:D

They had a chance to stop it, but they bullshitted around. Now they are crying. I think it's funny.

Cheney even made an appearance in Congress. Seems his bread and butter defense buddies are in a panic.

Not even close, a drop in the bucket. We're spending something like $1.3 trillion more than we take in every year! This ain't even a haircut considering it does nothing to address base line budgeting, not to mention new spending programs and wars.

IMO, the only plan I've seen that could bring about true fiscal sanity is the Mack Penny Plan, which balances the budget by:

· Cutting total federal spending by one percent each year for six consecutive years,

· Setting an overall spending cap of 18 percent of gross domestic product in 2018, and

· Reducing overall spending by $7.5 trillion over 10 years.

THEN there's still the debt to deal with. Could easily be $20 trillion by then. My goodness, what our largess has wrought.

Cheney even made an appearance in Congress. Seems his bread and butter defense buddies are in a panic.

They are scared. Here in Arizona these are the scare tactics:

"Arizona could lose more than 49,000 jobs if automatic federal budget cuts are allowed to take effect in January, according to a recent report.
The report for the Aerospace Industries Association said that direct and indirect job losses resulting from spending cuts mandated in the Budget Control Act of 2011 could top 2 million jobs nationally."

Report: Arizona could lose 49,000 jobs if federal budget cuts take effect - East Valley Tribune: Money

I work in the Aerospace defense industry in Arizona and they can't find enough skilled labor to fill all the empty positions. We are on mandatory OT and working 6 days a week, just to keep up. The commercial side more than offsets the US needs.

Any entitlement trimming in there?

Yup.

Republicans wouldn't have signed up to it if they couldn't kill a few folks...

Like everyone's fave..Jan Brewer.

Among the numerous consequences, the Office of Management and Budget estimates that if the sequester is implemented, approximately 700,000 young children and mothers would lose nutrition assistance, and more than 25,000 teachers and teaching aides would lose their jobs.
Scheduled Sequester Cuts to Domestic Programs Pose Serious Threat to Still-Struggling Economy | Bipartisan Policy Center

Let em eat cake!

"Arizona could lose more than 49,000 jobs if automatic federal budget cuts are allowed to take effect in January, according to a recent report.
The report for the Aerospace Industries Association said that direct and indirect job losses resulting from spending cuts mandated in the Budget Control Act of 2011 could top 2 million jobs nationally."

Report: Arizona could lose 49,000 jobs if federal budget cuts take effect - East Valley Tribune: Money

I work in the Aerospace defense industry in Arizona and they can't find enough skilled labor to fill all the empty positions. We are on mandatory OT and working 6 days a week, just to keep up. The commercial side more than offsets the US needs.

So Salt...what you are saying here..is that government spending creates jobs?

No fucking way..really?

:eusa_eh:

Color me shocked..shocked I tells ya!

No fucking way..really?

Who tells you to breathe? You have to be sharing an apt. With them...that's for sure.

No fucking way..really?

Who tells you to breathe? You have to be sharing an apt. With them...that's for sure.

Are you like this at parties? I mean..like you bust into other people's conversations with irrelevent and condecending bullshit?

Or is it just here?

No fucking way..really?

Are you like this at parties? I mean..like you bust into other people's conversations with irrelevent and condecending bullshit?

Or is it just here?

No, only around imbeciles who insist on repeating the same tired stupid lame, (did I say stupid?) nonsense I.....oh well, hey....
:eusa_whistle:

Or is it just here?

No, only around imbeciles who insist on repeating the same tired stupid lame, (did I say stupid?) nonsense I.....oh well, hey....
:eusa_whistle:

How many times are you going to use that line?

Forum List

Back