The September jobs report was absolutely horrible

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
Economists predicted that jobs created would be much lower than usual due to the hurricanes that affected us last month. But nobody predicted that we would have a job loss.

Taking into consideration the hurricanes, the forecast was 75,000 jobs created:
This was the forecast: "The U.S. likely added just 75,000 new jobs last month in the wake of hurricanes Harvey and Irma, economists polled by MarketWatch forecast. That would be about half the size of the job gains in August."
In the eye of the hurricanes: U.S. job creation likely stunted in September

The actual jobs report wasn't even close to that forecast. We actually LOST jobs. And I'm being nice to Trump, because other economists expected 90,000 jobs: Jobs fall by 33,000 in September as hurricanes hammer employment

In this thread, we will discuss this horrible jobs report (without blaming the hurricanes, as explained above).

Economists predicted that jobs created would be much lower than usual due to the hurricanes that affected us last month. But nobody predicted that we would have a job loss.

This was the forecast: "The U.S. likely added just 75,000 new jobs last month in the wake of hurricanes Harvey and Irma, economists polled by MarketWatch forecast. That would be about half the size of the job gains in August."

The actual jobs report wasn't even close to that forecast. We actually LOST jobs. And I'm being nice to Trump, because other economists expected 90,000 jobs: Jobs fall by 33,000 in September as hurricanes hammer employment

In this thread, we will discuss this horrible jobs report (without blaming the hurricanes, as explained above).
So you blaming Trump?

So you blaming Trump?
No, I am blaming Lady Gaga. The President of the United States is Lady Gaga.

Was it? The storms account for the slight drop. And the Unemployment Rate has actually fallen to 4.2%. So the sky really isn't falling. I know Democrats are desperately hoping for the Economy to collapse, so they can blame it all on their Trump Boogeyman. But it isn't happening. Sorry bout that Dems. :)

Minor bump in the road. People will soon be fixing their homes and buying all sorts of new shit. The Grabby Blurter in Chief has little to do with it.

So you blaming Trump?
No, I am blaming Lady Gaga. The President of the United States is Lady Gaga.
:cuckoo:

Look at the positive. Even Trump probably can't fuck up this.

Was it? The storms account for the slight drop. And the Unemployment Rate has actually dropped to 4.2%. So the sky really isn't falling. I know Democrats are desperately hoping for the Economy to collapse, so they can blame it all on their Trump Boogeyman. But it isn't happening. Sorry bout that Dems. :)
Did you not read that economists forecasted 75,000-90,000 even TAKING HURRICANES INTO CONSIDERATION? Are you playing dumb? You're going to explain why the jobs report did not even meet those expectations (that already included hurricane analysis).
And if you don't mention the economists' forecasts, I will repeat my question. Nobody is gonna play dumb in this thread.

Was it? The storms account for the slight drop. And the Unemployment Rate has actually dropped to 4.2%. So the sky really isn't falling. I know Democrats are desperately hoping for the Economy to collapse, so they can blame it all on their Trump Boogeyman. But it isn't happening. Sorry bout that Dems. :)

Nah, then they'd be Republicans. The ones who slowed he recovery and even force a government shut down so they could blame the President and limit him to one term.

Generally the effects of anyones policies wont take effect until about 3-4 years down the road. I cant stand the orange clown in office but this isnt his fault yet.

Did you not read that economists forecasted 75,000-90,000 even TAKING HURRICANES INTO CONSIDERATION? Are you playing dumb? You're going to explain why the jobs report did not even meet those expectations (that already included hurricane analysis).
And if you don't mention the economists' forecasts, I will repeat my question. Nobody is gonna play dumb in this thread.

None here suspect you of "playing dumb". You can trust Pupps on that one.

The OP insists we don't blame the hurricanes, then posts a story entitled: "Jobs fall by 33,000 in September as hurricanes hammer employment"

Generally the effects of anyones policies wont take effect until about 3-4 years down the road. I cant stand the orange clown in office but this isnt his fault yet.
You made that up, and that's you didn't quote any economist.

The OP insists we don't blame the hurricanes, then posts a story entitled: "Jobs fall by 33,000 in September as hurricanes hammer employment"
You're playing dumb. Hurricanes were expected to hammer employment, but employment was hammered harder than it was forecasted by economists who took the hurricanes into consideration.
Now you're gonna tell me why your "hurricane-hammering" was even worse than the hurricane-hammering forecasted by experts. If you don't, I will ask the question again. I'm gonna force you to not play dumb about the forecast.

You made that up, and that's you didn't quote any economist.
Right. I did make that up. I didnt quote anyone because its not from an economist. Its from experience. It takes time for policies to start showing an effect unless its a really drastic change.

Yeah lay off the Democrat Fake News hysteria, kid. The Unemployment Rate actually fell to 4.2%. I know you want that economic collapse, but it ain't happening. Sorry bout that. :)

If we're going by forecasting, we should be talking about President Crooked Hillary and Senate Majority Leader Schumer.

New Topics

Forum List

Back