The September 2009 Unemployment Rate is........

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
I'm going to predict it will FALL again. I'm going to say 9.2 or under. I do not think we will break Ronald Reagan's record of 10% unemployment in this recession.

I'm going to predict it will FALL again. I'm going to say 9.2 or under. I do not think we will break Ronald Reagan's record of 10% unemployment in this recession.

We have not had a month go buy without massive loss of jobs yet you retards are claiming the unemployment rate is dropping. What is dropping is the poor fools with no jobs and now no unemployment benefits.

Or maybe YOU can explain how with over 200000 lost jobs in a month the unemployment rate goes down? Ohh and by the way, didn't Obama promise it would not go over 8 percent if we JUST rushed through his stimulus plan without actually reading it?

We have not had a month go buy without massive loss of jobs yet you retards are claiming the unemployment rate is dropping. What is dropping is the poor fools with no jobs and now no unemployment benefits.

Or maybe YOU can explain how with over 200000 lost jobs in a month the unemployment rate goes down? Ohh and by the way, didn't Obama promise it would not go over 8 percent if we JUST rushed through his stimulus plan without actually reading it?

#1 - Your comments making fun of mentally challenged people is highly offensive. Knock it off.

#2 - How soon you forget that losing 200,000 jobs in one month vs. losing 650,000 jobs in one month as we were doing just a few months ago DOES show significant progress. That's at least 450,000 jobs per month that have either been created or saved.

#3 - Obama promised the unemployment rate would not go over 10% if the stimulus plan was passed. So far it hasn't and I don't expect that it will.

Of course the number of people collecting unemployment will fall, but the number of new jobs will also, so the number of people out of work will rise.

The reason it's FALLING is the first wave of ppl w/ extended unemployment are no longer receiving it.

The numbers don't represent ppl who aren't working & don't receive UC.

BTW, most of those ppl are young laborers, with young families. We don't touch our resources, factories are closing down. There's nothing for them.

The truth is the job loss is falling, but the rate of actual unemployment is probably closer to 15 or 16%.

That is the bitter truth. Many people have simply stopped looking for a job.

Now, the really weird part. Republicans will try to use "lack of jobs" against Obama, but for years, Republicans have been slashing spending on education.

Somehow, using reasoning I fail to understand, Republicans feel you should be able get a "job" even though you have no education. So, the obvious question is, "What kind of a job can you get without any education?" Can someone please explain this to me? If you don't even have a GED, name the job you are looking for.

The best paying jobs require a college education. Why? Because the jobs are difficult.

The real question - do Republicans believe that you could design a bridge without an engineering degree? Or a dam? Or a water treatment plant? or a Nuclear Power plant? or even a regular hydraulic power plant?

I just don't understand what they are expecting.

We slash education funding because pouring money into it does absolutely no good. It just feeds the unions and removes the desire to excel from the schools.

We pay more per child in Oregon than almost anywhere. And our kids get some of the crappiest education in the nation.

Now let's see... Who was it that made the prediction that the Dow Jones would break 10,000 before the end of August...?

The reason it's FALLING is the first wave of ppl w/ extended unemployment are no longer receiving it.

Unemployment checks aren't used to determine the rate. The rate is calculated using a survey of households.

Last edited:

Unemployment checks aren't used to determine the rate. The rate is calculated using a survey of household.

So ... they force everyone to answer said survey and they stalk you until they are sure they get everyone ... yeah.

Unemployment checks aren't used to determine the rate. The rate is calculated using a survey of household.

So ... they force everyone to answer said survey and they stalk you until they are sure they get everyone ... yeah.

Sampling...

Forum List

Back