The Second American Revolution - We The People

Not at our current state as a nation. That's the point of this thread, is that the representatives are not really representing us. You have all of these bills and stimulus packages being passed even though a HUGE majority of people are pissed off about it and don't approve of it. Now if WE are the government, why is our government governing without us? How can something pass into law when the vast majority of people are opposed to it? Our presidents can be elected with 51 percent of the vote, why are laws and bills passed with only 20 percent approval? I'm not suggesting the actual numbers of real events, but simply demonstrating that at the moment, WE are not the government....and that's the problem.
I don't think you are right, Brian. Most Americans support the stimulus package.

Support for stimulus plan slips, poll finds - CNN.com

That "most PEOPLE" support a given policy IN NO WAY ESTABLISHES THAT SUCH POLICY IS A VIRTUOUS AND PRUDENT DECISION WHICH BEST SERVES THE INTERESTS OF INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY...

If 98% of "THE PEOPLE" voted to BURN DOWN THE SUM OF ALL MEANS OF FOOD PRODUCTION... that would not be a virtuous and prudent decision in support of individual liberty either.

So this idiotic notion that "majority RULES" is BULLSHIT, where that majority does NOT SERVE THE PRINCIPLES ON WHICH THEIR MEANS TO GOVERN RESTS... The left doesn't have a right to destroy the US currency, just because they were elected to a majority.

PERIOD.

And this all hinges on the certainty that NO ACTION BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OF SOME OF INDIVIDUAL CAN RIGHTFULLY USURP THE MEANS OF OTHERS TO EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS. And when your actions destroy my means to engage in commerce... you've indisputably usurped my means to exercise my right to pursue the fulfillment of my life through the fruit of my labor.

And that's a problem... Now you claim you have a majority and that this makes you right... well if you idiots keep pushing this freedom killing policy, you had better hope you've a majority and one which has the means to defend thsemselves from that very well regulated 'minority' who you'll have THROUGHLY pissed off and who will be in no mood to hear your snotty fallacious retorts, let alone to accept them as a viable defense.

But far be it from me to offer an opinion designed to PREVENT hostility... you just keep advancing that 'let them eat cake' attitude, Marie... and we'll see how it plays out.
Chill out, Pubic. He was arguing that a revolution would be valid since the majority is against current governmental policies. I was merely pointing out that the majority isn't at that point.

But please list what you believe the government is currently doing that is destroying your means to engage in commerce or your means to exercise your right to pursue the fulfillment of your life through the fruit of your labor. And please don't respond with one of your typical hysterical verbose rants...give me one or two concrete examples.

I don't think you are right, Brian. Most Americans support the stimulus package.

Support for stimulus plan slips, poll finds - CNN.com

That "most PEOPLE" support a given policy IN NO WAY ESTABLISHES THAT SUCH POLICY IS A VIRTUOUS AND PRUDENT DECISION WHICH BEST SERVES THE INTERESTS OF INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY...

If 98% of "THE PEOPLE" voted to BURN DOWN THE SUM OF ALL MEANS OF FOOD PRODUCTION... that would not be a virtuous and prudent decision in support of individual liberty either.

So this idiotic notion that "majority RULES" is BULLSHIT, where that majority does NOT SERVE THE PRINCIPLES ON WHICH THEIR MEANS TO GOVERN RESTS... The left doesn't have a right to destroy the US currency, just because they were elected to a majority.

PERIOD.

And this all hinges on the certainty that NO ACTION BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OF SOME OF INDIVIDUAL CAN RIGHTFULLY USURP THE MEANS OF OTHERS TO EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS. And when your actions destroy my means to engage in commerce... you've indisputably usurped my means to exercise my right to pursue the fulfillment of my life through the fruit of my labor.

And that's a problem... Now you claim you have a majority and that this makes you right... well if you idiots keep pushing this freedom killing policy, you had better hope you've a majority and one which has the means to defend thsemselves from that very well regulated 'minority' who you'll have THROUGHLY pissed off and who will be in no mood to hear your snotty fallacious retorts, let alone to accept them as a viable defense.

But far be it from me to offer an opinion designed to PREVENT hostility... you just keep advancing that 'let them eat cake' attitude, Marie... and we'll see how it plays out.
Chill out, Pubic. He was arguing that a revolution would be valid since the majority is against current governmental policies. I was merely pointing out that the majority isn't at that point.

But please list what you believe the government is currently doing that is destroying your means to engage in commerce or your means to exercise your right to pursue the fulfillment of your life through the fruit of your labor. And please don't respond with one of your typical hysterical verbose rants...give me one or two concrete examples.

Printing money against no measured value, through which they fund government debt instruments and with which they in turn BUY THOSE DEBT INSTRUMENTS WHICH ARE BASED UPON UNFUNDED BAD DEBT.

Claiming the power to seize private property on dubious grounds of 'rights of the collective.'

Redefining their means to tax business on ever declining scales of minutie, such as cap and trade...

Stuff like that...

Last edited:

PERIOD.

Printing money against no measured value, with which they fund government dent instruments and with which they BUY THOSE DEBT INSTRUMENTS WHICH ARE BASED UPON BAD DEBT.

Claiming the power to seize private property on dubious grounds of 'rights of the collective.'

Redefining their means to tax business on ever declining scales of minutie, such as cap and trade...

Stuff like that...
I'm not familiar with the last one, but the first two haven't happened...and I fail to see how any of them restricts your ability to make a buck.

"And that's a problem... Now you claim you have a majority and that this makes you right... well if you idiots keep pushing this freedom killing policy, you had better hope you've a majority and one which has the means to defend thsemselves from that very well regulated 'minority' who you'll have THROUGHLY pissed off and who will be in no mood to hear your snotty fallacious retorts, let alone to accept them as a viable defense."

I want to point out that the majority now may not be the majority in the future. Justifying unconstitutional actions by means of claiming a majority is a double edged sword and can be used against one group when another comes into power and is the 'majority'.
That's why we have a constitution that defines us a (democratic) representitive republic. This was an attempt by our founding fathers to protect our country from the "tyranny of democracy".(ie mob rule)
Until the American people start to see through the divisionary tactics used by our so-called leaders and unite with one voice, we the people won't see any results in our favor.
Stop the partisan bickering, it is a ploy by our corrupt leaders to divide us and manipulate us against each other all the while enriching themselves and their friends.

First... I reject out of hand, the notion that 'partisan bickering' is even a valid notion... in my experience, its a term which is used by the 'middle way(ers), the centrist, the fascists... that use it in an vain attempt to establish their own moral superiority; which would be fine, if their positions were not being created from the ideological ether and didn't rest on the tedious infinite point of endless cliches and meaningless platitudes, such as that which "partisan bickering" effectively illustrates.

You will never find me resting from my opposition to the principle-less, liberty killing advocacies of the ideological left. The "American People" are but a tiny minority within the ranks of the US population. Leftism is the antithesis of American and as such they do not represent, cannot represent and will NEVER represent ANY AMERICAN, let alone advocate for American principle.

If you can't recognize that immutable fact, then you are part of the problem.

Now before ya start cryin' that I've misrepresented that for which you should be labeled; TAKE THE TIME TO ADVANCE A LEFTIST POSITION WHICH YOU FEEL ON SOME LEVEL EXEMPLIFIES "AMERICA."

When I see partisan bickering in our country, I see two groups of people that want essentially the same thing, but disagree on how to get there.
If people concentrated on their simularities, instead of their differences, more would be accomplished because more of our leaders would be willing to compromise.
I reject your theory on partisan bickering that you presented. However; I want to assure you that I respect your opinion and applaud the fact that we all have the freedom to voice our opinions.
I agree with your opinion that my opinion and the term partisan bickering can be used as a political tool by the fringe groups among us, but point out that it has also been used by our mainstream (alleged) leaders.
I also agree with your statements about the left not representing Americans, but I think that you didn't go far enough because I don't think that the right, in it's present form, represents Americans either.
My opinion is that we the people have been abused for years by our so-called leaders for a variety of reasons. I maintain that until we the people unite as such, and stop being party members, we are not going to see any change in that situation.
I also think that too many people that have heard this guy are jumping to the conclusion that revolution always means guns and violence. I don't think it has to be that way.
These American Tea Party people are already talking about waging 'economic war', in other words, they are going to try to organize a day when everybody in their movement pledges not to spend any money. I don't know if there are enough of them to make a difference, I don't know if it will work. It is however, a powerful weapon that would be a form of revolution.
BTW- I don't fit any of the labels you tossed out there, and certainly have no illusion of superiority moral or otherwise. I am just like most Americans, I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on so I can decide what I need to do to protect myself, my family and my community. The only difference between myself and a lot of Americans is that I live in a very remote area where a lot of those 'fringe' people live. I don't have a choice but to pay attention because where I am, there have been 'little uprisings' in the past.

I love this publicus, very good examples imho:

Printing money against no measured value, with which they fund government dent instruments and with which they BUY THOSE DEBT INSTRUMENTS WHICH ARE BASED UPON BAD DEBT.

I don't see these as partisan examples, this is being done by our so-called leaders. i don't care what party they belong to, this is what our leaders are doing.
Now the discussion of whether we have the right leaders in place may be a partisan discussion....those discussions generally take place during elections.

If you believe in revolution in this country, you do not believe in democracy.

Full stop.

This country is the most democratic in the world, by far! Americans vote on everything. FFS, Americans elect their national college football champion. That's a little over the top for me - democracy on steroids. But it is a compelling argument that democracy permeates through most everything this country does.

No one wants to overthrow the government; however there is a grave concern among a huge proportion of citizens over the way the country is going, and it's as if there is already a revolution going on; an overthrow already in progress. People in the middle realize that the ever increasing velocity of the change that has already been going on, is about to fly out of control, in a revolutionary fashion. They fear that they will not recognize their country in only a few years. There is also a fear that this change will have become irreversible, and it will not be a happy place we are going to. Much of this problem is made more chronic because clear mandates from a majority of the public are ignored for political purposes, mainly to the benefit to the political elite.

The people want a real leader. A constant complaint of responsibility for taking charge by complaining about the mess he has been left does really get it. Neither does it sound very leaderlike to say "this is really tough work; if it wasn't so hard it would've already been done" (that was only a paraphrase but it's what it souunds like to the average person.) Just imagine a leadership figure in your own life; in your place of employment for instance. Say you get a new manager or foreman in your workplace, and every time he speaks to the group he makes a statement about what a mess he has been left, what needs to be done; how it was left over for him to fix. This sort of complaint is not one the American people are used to hearing, and it does not instill confidence in that leadership, and it doesn't sit well.

Um, I do. Our elected officials haven't been working for we the people for a long time.

Stuff like that...
I'm not familiar with the last one, but the first two haven't happened...and I fail to see how any of them restricts your ability to make a buck.

If we are talking about the same issues, the first two have happened. The dollar is not backed by gold anymore. So when we owe China money we don't have, we must print more dollars, which devalues them.
Properties can be seized if the state wants to build a highway that happens to go "through" your house. I believe also, if you grow marijuana on your property, the government can seize the property, but that's another story.

Full stop.

This country is the most democratic in the world, by far! Americans vote on everything. FFS, Americans elect their national college football champion. That's a little over the top for me - democracy on steroids. But it is a compelling argument that democracy permeates through most everything this country does.

No one wants to overthrow the government;

Some do, I'm afraid.

Um, I do. Our elected officials haven't been working for we the people for a long time.

If one is for violent rebellion to overthrow a democratically elected government - no matter what your political affiliation - one is a fringe extremist. Saying that one supports a violent uprising in the most democratic country on the planet in the name of "We the people" is no different than the Marxist who also claims to know some eternal truth. It is two sides of the same coin.

Full stop.

No one wants to overthrow the government;

Some do, I'm afraid.

If one is for violent rebellion to overthrow a democratically elected government - no matter what your political affiliation - one is a fringe extremist. Saying that one supports a violent uprising in the most democratic country on the planet in the name of "We the people" is no different than the Marxist who also claims to know some eternal truth. It is two sides of the same coin.

I had hope before this last election that this could be settled non-violently as so many people didn't want to vote for either party, but in they end, they elected one of the two most corrupt parties in the history of our country to lead us.

At this point, regardless of what you call me, I don't think we can fix our problems short of a bloody revolution.

No offense, but go fuck yourself. You claim that it is people like me that the revolution will be against. Why? Because I think the economy is worth saving? Because I didn't vote for McCain? Because I think the government should not penalize AIG employees for their bonuses? Because I think illegal immigration is a wedge issue and not the problem it is made out to be? Because I think the war in Iraq was a mistake? Why exactly are you singling me out, Gunny, what viewpoint of mine makes you claim that I am the type of people the revolution will be against?

As for your question, I have more loyalty to the country than the government...but they are both intertwined because WE are the government.

What's the matter, liar? If you can't stand the heat, get your ass back to Romper Room where it belongs.

Your ass got NAILED dead to rights telling a straight-up lie. End of story. Live with it.

Sure you can't think up anymore stupid reasons for my comment that would not apply to me? One thing you have proven in the last couple of days ... you don't know a damned thing about me, even though it's been posted all over this board for 5+ years. You're head is stuck up your own ass stereotyping anyone that doesn't believe as you do you just attribute standard, what you believe to be "rightwingnut" responses to anyone to the right of you.
I apologize for calling you a wingnut Gunny, and quite honestly I didn't know it would offend you to this extent. I would still like you to explain why you think this supposed coming revolution will be against people like me.

I am not offended by being called a wingnut. I know I'm not one. I AM offended that you would state that I have called ANYONE a traitor or was guilty of treason on this board when I have argued AGAINST ANYONE using those terms without absolute, unimpeachable evidence. There is a reason treason has such a strict definition and one does not meet the definition literally, then they are not guilty of treason.

I argue against your beliefs. I have never once attempted to deny you your political beliefs nor have attempted to censor them. I don't consider freedom of expression to be treason ... it's a Right, guaranteed by the Constitution.

And for anyone else using the term "wingnut" or "traitor" go read slackjawed's posts. He makes excellent points. "Revolution" does not require violence. It requires action. At no point have I EVER supported the violent overthrow of our government.

Why the "war" or "revolution" would be against people like you is simple ... you support Obama's socialist and fascist policies and his burying us in debt so far that most of us probably won't be alive to see it paid off.

I think it's important to remember that these videos did not one time call for more than non-violent protest. This guy Basso and his backers make very powerful videos, and even though he never actually called for violence, it seems to have that effect on some people.
My brother for example, I showed him these videos and within an hour he was cleaning his guns. I suspect a subliminal message, but then again, my brother is a hot-headed idiot sometimes. (aren't we all?)
I think that there is a difference between our government and our so-called leaders. That, to me, appears to be the target of these videos, our leaders. He calls them our "non-representing representitives". I would argue that elected leaders that do not act in the public interest as enemies of our government.
I don't believe that very many Americans would rebel against our government, which has been in place since our founding. I do believe that it is possible that enough Americans would rebel against our so-called leaders to make a difference.
I for one, believe that our leaders have not acted in our best interest for most of my adult life. I don't think it is a partisan issue at all because regardless of which party is in power, we the people still get the shaft. I do think the partisan arguments are created by these parties to make it easier to fleece the American taxpayers. I thought that about Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush2. During their reigns of power, I was vocal about it too.
I think the message of these videos is:
If the people want their country and their government to represent them, they are going to have to rebel against their so-called leaders, who at present seem to serve only themselves.

Properties can be seized if the state wants to build a highway that happens to go "through" your house. I believe also, if you grow marijuana on your property, the government can seize the property, but that's another story.

But that is land or real property taken by the power of emminent domain, and at least the owners are paid for their property at current valuations to comparable properties in the same area.

A far more pernicious taking is declaring a piece of property subject to environmental conditions. In this case they don't actually take title to the property, but nor do they reimburse the owner for the loss of use of the property. By establishing "zones" which specify and limit allowable uses, and then determining the land cannot be used for that specified use, the land is rendered unsalable, and the loss is financial; and is a taking. This sounds only theoretical but it is not.

I would've sworn that a situation like that was so rare as to be irrelevant until my own county determined that the only way they would permit development of a piece of land I owned required building a road across it connecting two roads on either side. However the State Department of Environmental Management (pursuant to an interpretation of EPA regulations) won't allow a road to be built because it would cross a low "grassy area" through which water drains during storm events. By calling that "grassy area" a part of the "waters of Indiana", they disallow any road to be built.

This is to preserve certain life forms living (common insects, worms, and other lower life forms) in the grass and soil there, and also in a multiplicity of other similar locations where water occasionally runs ending up in Indiana streams and rivers. With that decision a piece of property, required to be, and suitable only for commercial development becomes useable only for a single home building site. It's value in that situation is a fraction of its value as a commercial use property.

Your second example, Elvis, involves use of property for illegal activites, but there is a strong temptation for some bureaucrats to obtain property in that way by trumping up charges or by framing someone.

Last edited:
This video was spot on. People are fed up always getting the shaft and our leaders continually ignore what we want. What he's saying is get involved, do something, make your voice be heard, make them listen. The question is, how many are willing to do this? Are you? It's easy peasy to sit on a message board and bitch and moan but that accomplishes nothing. If you're dissatisfied with the direction this country has taken and the direction this country is headed, do something about it.

This video was spot on. People are fed up always getting the shaft and our leaders continually ignore what we want. What he's saying is get involved, do something, make your voice be heard, make them listen. The question is, how many are willing to do this? Are you? It's easy peasy to sit on a message board and bitch and moan but that accomplishes nothing. If you're dissatisfied with the direction this country has taken and the direction this country is headed, do something about it.

In the past I equated dollar donations to candidates of my choice to be a substitute for "activism". In 1976, when there was a strong unionization push in "Right to Work" states, including our own, I donated $500 to Richard Lugar's US Senate campaign, and he was subsequently elected. He followed through on his promise on that issue and in every bill since has supported "small business". Today funds are scarce so I intend to take up action in lieu of financial support. I will be amongst those at a "Tea Party" here on April 15 carrying a sign, and hoping to stir things up by showing support.

There is great value in giving these ideas and events publicity on the internet and on boards like this one. Perhaps someone will be motivated to go out and protest and the numbers may be substantial. If later there were a march on DC similar to the "Million Man March" I would find a way to be there.

Hello ... there's been a LOT of talk about revolution lately. Think you can make it go away by trying to marginalize and hide it?

But you wouldn't know anything about it, would you? YOU are the type person the revolution would be against.

Is our loyalty to this Nation and the ideals that embody it? Or to a government that does not embody either one? Simple question.
Are you threatening me, Gunny? Still with the rightwingnut claim that anyone that doesn't agree with your view is a traitor?

I was commenting on his claim that Obama called this guy and told him not to tell anyone.

As usual, Madame Twist-a-Lot and her melodrama can't answer even an simple question without attempting to deflect by putting words never spoken into someone's mouth. I must admit though, you HAVE outdone even YOUR usual with this load of shit.

One, there's not threat, idiot.

Two, put up or shut up. Provide the evidence that I have ever stated anyone that does not agree with my views a traitor.

O r I can save you the trouble. You're a liar. I have never stated anything even YOU could misconstrue into THAT. You have knowingly attempted to attribute to me something I have never said.

And it doesn't take a rightwingnut to be to the right of you. Just a fucking brain.

You say you don't call people traitors because of their views. From what I have seen, you haven't. What if an American supports al qaeda's views? Does that make that person a traitor? What would make someone a traitor on this board?

Printing money against no measured value, with which they fund government debt instruments and with which they BUY THOSE DEBT INSTRUMENTS WHICH ARE BASED UPON BAD DEBT.

Stuff like that...

When the US Federal Reserve, buys US Treasury bonds with MONEY THAT THE FED DOES NOT HAVE... THAT IS the US Treasury BUYING IT'S OWN BAD DEBT... If you want to argue that the Fed is not the US Treasury, that's fine; it won't help ya here, but it's fine.

Long-term interest rates dive on Fed plan to buy T-bonds | Money & Company | Los Angeles Times

Happened last week...

Leftists have LONG Argued for the 'right' of the collective over those of the individual... it's the defining trait of the ideological left...

From local imminent domain where municipalities confiscate private property to pad their tax base buy giving that property to more affluent private interests... which is a policy that was confirmed by a majority decision of leftist sitting on the US Supreme Court.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

... to the new powers being sought by the Treasury Dept (The US Executive) to sieze businesses which they deem "Too big to fail" to prevent the failure of those businesses from bringing down the Leftist Financial House of Cards...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/business/25web-bailout.html

Leftists have been taxing the crap out of industy/business, thus the market in general, in the US and everywhere else they've found power, for 80 years... to even TRY and deny it is absurd beyond measure.

The Kyoto Accords is just the latest farce, of which King Hussein is now advocating and that is SPECIFICALLY the relevance of her mention of "SCIENCE" in her inaugeration spewing.

The gentlemen who made this video is Dr. Bob Basso. Obama has seen this video and contacted Mr. Basso and said he was very disturbed by his video and invited him to the White House. He told him not to discuss the invitation with anyone. Dr. Basso was suppose to make a second appearance on the Jerry Doyle talk radio show, but had to back out because of The White House request. I know this because I was listening to the radio show as this developed. I would be very afraid if I was this guy. Obama's politics uses a thug mentality and I believe they are going to try and destroy him. Look what that did the Joe the Plumber. This guy is calling for a revolution and people are getting fired up. Is our government finally feeling a bit fearful?

YouTube - The Second American Revolution - We The People

I don't agree with all of this, but most of it - HELL YES.

I am getting very upset at the direction of our nation - and have been for a number of years. The downward spiral has been greatly expedited since Obama has been elected and it really scares me.

Forum List

Back