The Seat Belt Law.

If you are too stupid to wear a seatbelt and the taxpayers make money off your stupidity it is a win-win all around.

So you do agree then that it's about revenue. Thanks for clearing that up.

No its about safety. Its a common sense issue. If you lack common sense and get fined for it ...who the hell cares?

While you may not care if your face kisses the windshield in a crash...we have to pay to scrape what used to be your face off the windshield

In other words, if you THINK differently you will be punished by the government....all in the name of "safety".....jeez everything you do and think about could be regulated by the gubmint in terms of "safety"....think about it....

The roads are publicly owned....your freedom of movement in this country should not be hampered by the government....privilege my ass....

Rules of the road (traffic lights, etc.) are for providing an orderly system one can depend on.....but one should have the right to choose personal things for one's self (like using a seat belt or not).....and if you smash your face and others have to clean it up then you should have to pay for it...same goes for someone who smashes himself while using a seat belt...

We need to draw the line somewhere or else the government will continue to intrude on personal freedoms...especially since you bleeding heart liberals cry about every little "safety" issue...

We need to draw the line somewhere or else the government will continue to intrude on personal freedoms...especially since you bleeding heart liberals cry about every little "safety" issue...

Stop being a whiny little bitch...."The gubmints telling me what to do.....not fair"

Put on your freak'n seatbelt on stop the bitching. You own the road you are driving on you can do what you want. Use the public roads....conform to the public rules

Last edited:
I am far from a "bleeding heart", but I don't understand how this is an infringement of "liberty". If I accidentally kill you with my car, I have to live with that. Esp. if you have kids. :( People don't have the "right" to die.

Stop being a whiney little bitch...."The gubmints telling me what to do.....not fair"

Put on your freak'n seatbelt on stop the bitching. You own the road you are driving on you can do what you want. Use the public roads....conform to the public rules

Typical whiny liberal bitch...."do as I say little people 'cause we know better"...you guys seem to think that everyman must be told what to do everytime he turns around....you keep pushing for the nanny state...but we "rednecks" can decide for ourselves if we wish to wear a belt or not...frankly most of us have tons of more common sense than you whiny bitch liberals have in your little pinky fingers...

Seat Belts. Seat Belt Safety, Statistics, Bags, Law

On average, inpatient hospital care costs for an unbelted crash victim are 50 percent higher than those for a belted crash victim. Society bears 85 percent of those costs, not the individuals involved. Every American pays about $580 a year toward the cost of crashes. If everyone buckled up, this figure would drop significantly.

Whiny little bitches...... I don't have to wear my seat belt if I don't want to!

When someone has to feed you your meals through a straw .....I have to pay for it

Last edited:
I am far from a "bleeding heart", but I don't understand how this is an infringement of "liberty". If I accidentally kill you with my car, I have to live with that. Esp. if you have kids. :( People don't have the "right" to die.

People used to drive all the time without seat belts....then when they came into use some people used them and others didn't....they had a choice....nowadays you get a hundred dollar fine if you don't use them...enter the nanny state using force (fines)....

Yes... if you cause an accident you have to live with it...and you should pay for the costs of it all...and any adult with kids will have to live with it if his kids were not using seat belts who might have survived if they had been wearing them...

I am so sick of the gubmint using our children as the pivot point upon which to mandate more rules upon our lives...govt. role should be to inform....not to control our every little decision....

People used to drive all the time without seat belts....then when they came into use some people used them and others didn't....they had a choice....nowadays you get a hundred dollar fine if you don't use them...enter the nanny state using force (fines)....

Yes... if you cause an accident you have to live with it...and you should pay for the costs of it all...and any adult with kids will have to live with it if his kids were not using seat belts who might have survived if they had been wearing them...

I am so sick of the gubmint using our children as the pivot point upon which to mandate more rules upon our lives...govt. role should be to inform....not to control our every little decision....

Lets compromise.....

On your driveway you don't need a seatbelt.......drive on a public road "Put your fucking seatbelt on"

Easy isn't it

On average, inpatient hospital care costs for an unbelted crash victim are 50 percent higher than those for a belted crash victim. Society bears 85 percent of those costs, not the individuals involved. Every American pays about $580 a year toward the cost of crashes. If everyone buckled up, this figure would drop significantly.

Whiny little bitches...... I don't have to wear my seat belt if I don't want to!

When someone has to feed you your meals through a straw .....I have to pay for it

So bitch you are OK with trading your freedom just to save dollars?

You only have to pay for it because of the politicians you've voted for that have passed laws allowing the government to pick up those bills. It's not a Constitutional requirement that tax dollars be used to be pay for medical bills of the irresponsible and indigent. It's a choice, so perhaps that's what needs to be fixed.

And please stop pretending like you're some kind of fiscal conservative concerned about government spending when we all know that's not the least bit true.

You only have to pay for it because of the politicians you've voted for that have passed laws allowing the government to pick up those bills. It's not a Constitutional requirement that tax dollars be used to be pay for medical bills of the irresponsible and indigent. It's a choice, so perhaps that's what needs to be fixed.

And please stop pretending like you're some kind of fiscal conservative concerned about government spending when we all know that's not the least bit true.

Listen whiny bitch....."The gubmint can't tell me what to do...I can kill myself if I want to"

You wrap yourself around a tree...we have to pay to peel you off and then pay to patch your ass up. Once you are a vegetable, I have to pay that lady to feed you with a straw and wipe your ass.

You may claim you would just as soon remain wrapped around that tree, but I don't want to have to look at your bleeding carcass

Listen whiny bitch....."The gubmint can't tell me what to do...I can kill myself if I want to"

You wrap yourself around a tree...we have to pay to peel you off and then pay to patch your ass up. Once you are a vegetable, I have to pay that lady to feed you with a straw and wipe your ass.

You may claim you would just as soon remain wrapped around that tree, but I don't want to have to look at your bleeding carcass

Why wouldn't the person who CAUSED the accident pay for the medical care?

Because the politicians you voted for have CHOSEN to make you pay for it, so vote for people who will do away with those laws and then you won't have to worry about it. You don't have to pay for anything, you choose to every time you walk into the voting booth.

And the fact that you're calling me names only proves you know I'm right and you're getting pissed off about being wrong. That seems to happen to you a lot.

Because the politicians you voted for have CHOSEN to make you pay for it, so vote for people who will do away with those laws and then you won't have to worry about it. You don't have to pay for anything, you choose to every time you walk into the voting booth.

And the fact that you're calling me names only proves you know I'm right and you're getting pissed off about being wrong. That seems to happen to you a lot.

I'm sure you would be happy if we left your bloody carcass on the side of the road. Wouldn't all Libertarians want to go out that way?

:lol: @ thinking being ejected from a car during accidents doesn't endanger OTHER people's lives.

I'm sure you would be happy if we left your bloody carcass on the side of the road. Wouldn't all Libertarians want to go out that way?

Cleaning public streets has been a time-honored gubmint job....but again....why wouldn't the person who CAUSED the accident pay for it......?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back