The Seat Belt Law.

Should there be such a law?

While I agree that to wear or not wear a seat belt should be a personal choice, I will confirm the fact that two years ago, Mrs. BBD would have been killed in a very bad auto accident if she had of not been wearing a seat belt. I think it's a wise choice to use them.

Yeah when they made it mandatory, I almost stopped Wearing them..
But then I saw it was a cut ny nose of to spite my face situation so I wear them.
It is smart to wear seat belts. virtually all the time you are safer wearing them than not.

At the very least there should be seat belt laws for children. I have no problem with helmet or seat belt laws. In a perfect world one would be free to decide but this is not a perfect world. This shit is not worth fighting over.

At the very least there should be seat belt laws for children. I have no problem with helmet or seat belt laws. In a perfect world one would be free to decide but this is not a perfect world. This shit is not worth fighting over.

In a perfect world the road would be much safer too.
No drunks or inattentive drivers.
And we would not need a seat belt law becuse everyone would realise the wisdom in using them for safety.

I see nothing wrong with seat belt laws, helmet laws, child safety laws (ex. proper child seats), imposing safety standards for cars, states requiring drivers to have car insurance, etc.

what power does the government have to force me to wear a seatbelt?

They have no power to force you to wear a helmet or seatbelt on land that you own. You are free to do as you wish.

However, once you take your vehicle on public roads you have to abide by the rules they establish

And just who are they? busy bodies with nothing better to do.

No, if people want to be stupid and put their lives at risk, let them. Laws protecting people from themselves is stupid, the laws should be to protect people from other people infringing on them, that's it

Yes! If we say no, then child safety seats in cars should have the same argument.

No, because that law is protecting the child from their parents, since they are in charge of them and children are deemed not able to make their own decisions on that matter. so I don't think that applies

It should be a requirement for drivers and children...all others, if you are not wearing one...no insurance pay out for you or your family members and no government support for your med bills. Kicked to the curb.

You can just as easily be injured wearing a seatbelt. In some case, although rare, could save you. I had a friend in a bad accident, wasn't wearing a seatbelt and ended up in the back seat, and the drivers side was crushed in, if he was secured in, he likely would of died

Driving is a privilege; not a right.

Another lie the gov. imposed on the public.

How is it a lie? YOu have to pass an exam and road test. There is nothing in the constitution that says everybody has the right to drive.

I think the problem with this country and all the horrible drivers is its treated like its a right instead of a priveledge, and the testing is a joke. IN many europe countries, you need to take a year of driving classes in order to get a license.

Fine. But only if you have government health care.

It's the law where I live.
Seat belts
flares
Warning triangles
Reflective vests
Comprehensive first aid kit.
Child seats
No tints
No jacked up or jacked down cars
No performance mods or different engines from original.
All mandatory and heavy fines for failure to comply.

No. Just like there should be no motorcycle helmet laws.

If people want to die, let them.

The Obamarrhoidal Philosopher, TheIDIOTisIn doesn't know it, but he is on the verge of an epiphany.

TheIDIOTisIN is going to be born again as a disciple of The Warrior Popey Dopey Julius II who, in answer to his second in command's question whether the mixed population of Catholics and non-Catholics in the siege should be spared, stated:

"KILL THEM. KILL THEM ALL. GOD WILL KNOW HIS OWN."

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

They have no power to force you to wear a helmet or seatbelt on land that you own. You are free to do as you wish.

However, once you take your vehicle on public roads you have to abide by the rules they establish

And just who are they? busy bodies with nothing better to do.

Nothing better to do than protect your life and your childrens life.

If you don't like it, don't use public roads

Seat belt laws, as written, are Nanny Laws, IMO. If I were writing seatbelt laws, they'd read:

If you have a passenger in your vehicle, you must wear your seatbelt. Why? Because you have an obligation to your passenger to stay in the vehicle if something goes wrong. The passenger is toast if the driver is thrown out. But if you're in there by yourself....hey! It's your life. You can play it any way you want.

Anything that saves lives is OK with me.

Except if it does that for IslamoFascist Swine, Obamarrhoids, and other scum.

Seat belt laws have absolutely nothing to do with safety. They exist to generate more revenue to the state government through fines. That is their only reason for existence and politicians fool people, like many of you, into accepting these laws by making you believe they actually give a shit about your safety.

Forum List

Back