The Seat Belt Law.

Yeah, because that happens all the time. If that's your strongest example, give up now.

I'm not the man ignorantly claiming that whether or not you wear a seat belt, it has no effect on other drivers. That's just flat out false.

Of course, the law in and of itself is a money grab but the "other" justification for it is good enough not to be whining about your personal liberty to not wear a seat belt. That's kinda ridiculous. Plus, It's stupid not to wear so so here's a decent formula:

Generate State revenue (that would have had to come from EVERYone, otherwise, duhhh)........from just the dumb ones, so in-order to save a "couple" lives, but save for a tax increase across the board to make up for said revenue. Works for me.

Automobiles are something you need a license to drive. Something the state has the right to regulate the safety of.

Take away the government's right to force private companies into maintaining passenger jets and you can take away the government's right to force you to maintain your car or wear your seat belt.

NOW personally I feel when folks get convicted of certain things the judge should take away their right to use a seat belt. Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson come to mind.

Also I think folks convicted of DWI/DUI more than once and Al Gore should be forced to drive a car not only w/o an air bag, but with a six inch spike coming out the steering wheel.

Yes! If we say no, then child safety seats in cars should have the same argument.

Don't see how...children are not able to make decisions for themselves, adults are.

So you think the gubmint should take the place of parents?

I think some parents need those laws to force them to be good parents. I once saw a car driving down a parking lot with a toddler hanging out the window. Imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have carseat laws for them. Of course then again, perhaps when we catch people not taking good care of their kids, we should just take them away and give them up for adoption anyway.

Forum List

Back