The SD Chargers

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
It's like an annuel ritual.

Suck early in the season -then come on like gang-busters in Dec. (Impressive win at Pittsburgh. ) WTF??

Probably too late to save Norv Turners job.

This Chargers team isn't underachievers like other teams though. Their defense is atrocious and their offense isn't great like in the past. Though, with Rivers there will always be flashes of greatness.

The Chargers have a puzzling history. They were actually a powerhouse before the leagues merged. Then The Seahawks and The Buccaneers were brought into the NFL and something changed.. They got that weird QB from Washington State.. who's last claim to fame was theft and drug sales. I can't remember SD being a threat at any time the Hawks were in the AFC West. Oakland...Denver... have always been competition but overall the AFC West was weak. The Seahawks started being the team to beat early on. I can't remember one game where the Chargers were an obstical to the Hawks making the playoffs when we were in a position to make a run. The only modern day player, I can remember, that was feared really who played for the Chargers was Junior Seau.

Alex Spanos was doing radio interview a few years ago and said this:

"We've only lost money one year, the year we went to the Super Bowl".

I suspect the majority of Team owners have the same experience and I also suspect most team owners don't want to go to the Big Game and maybe not even the playoffs.

I figger many of them only want to go play teams that have high TV ratings and high gate receipts.

SD Cards.

Har?

:eusa_eh:

So THAT's what we did to Arizona?

8 game losing streak and it's just a bad season... Have the Seahawks hang 58 to your nothing and now you are the butt of every "bad team joke".

:lol:

Grrrr....

sd.jpg

I suspect the majority of Team owners have the same experience and I also suspect most team owners don't want to go to the Big Game and maybe not even the playoffs.

I figger many of them only want to go play teams that have high TV ratings and high gate receipts.

I dunno about Alex Spandex. I know that Paul Allen wants to win a Super Bowl before he dies. I don't think he is worried about how much it costs if it doesn't make him look like a fool. He did spend 200 million on his yacht Octopus just so he could go scuba diving off Belise a few times a year. He only spent 197 million for the Seahawks.

I dunno about Alex Spandex. I know that Paul Allen wants to win a Super Bowl before he dies. I don't think he is worried about how much it costs if it doesn't make him look like a fool. He did spend 200 million on his yacht Octopus just so he could go scuba diving off Belise a few times a year. He only spent 197 million for the Seahawks.
You see? These teams are just toys for rich people to play with, and taxpayers to finance. We really shouldn't be taking the NFL too seriously.

Except when we lobby to kick them out of our cities!

New Topics

Forum List

Back