The Scott Sisters

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
I haven't seen any discussion about this. I'd love to know what people think. If my sister and I did the exact same thing, we would never have gone to jail. Especially not for life.

It's things like this that have caused so much anger and trouble in this country. And I don't think the majority of conservatives care one bit. If I were black and lived in the south, I think I would hit the road when I turned 18 and head north.

Scott Sisters to Be Released After 16 Years in Prison in Kidney Deal - ABC News

I haven't seen any discussion about this. I'd love to know what people think. If my sister and I did the exact same thing, we would never have gone to jail. Especially not for life.

It's things like this that have caused so much anger and trouble in this country. And I don't think the majority of conservatives care one bit. If I were black and lived in the south, I think I would hit the road when I turned 18 and head north.

to be fair. i don't think the south now is like the south then and i'd hope the circumstances of their trial, conviction and sentencing would be different now.

but good on haley barbour.

to be fair. i don't think the south now is like the south then and i'd hope the circumstances of their trial, conviction and sentencing would be different now.

Yes, Barber does deserve a lot of credit. But when I read all of these hate filled posts and see the anger because Obama is president, I'm not so sure that the south has changed much.

Not so fast. I believe the fact that it was costing Mississippi $190,000 a year for Ms. Scott's dialysis factored into his decision more than any 'Compassionate Conservatism'.

Remember - it's always about the money with these rightwingers.

Troublesome case all around.

they still have that mark on their records. It will make getting a job real hard in this economy.

Not so fast. I believe the fact that it was costing Mississippi $190,000 a year for Ms. Scott's dialysis factored into his decision more than any 'Compassionate Conservatism'.

Remember - it's always about the money with these rightwingers.

Good point.

Forum List

Back