The Scorage of Child Marriage in the United States

How will Trump 'getting rid of Muslims and hispanics(neither of which Trump has said he will do)" change the state laws that allow men to marry 14 year old girls?
Hispanics and Muslims would like it to be a lot lower, if Trump raised the age limit, liberals would say he is racist

Got you are an ignorant idiot.
Trump can't 'raise the age limit'.
As a liberal I already said that I would like to see the age limit raised.

Finally- the organization who is promoting this campaign- is a pro-immigrant organization.

How will Trump 'getting rid of Muslims and hispanics(neither of which Trump has said he will do)" change the state laws that allow men to marry 14 year old girls?
Hispanics and Muslims would like it to be a lot lower, if Trump raised the age limit, liberals would say he is racist
That is nothing but a boatload of bigoted bovine excrement . And Trump has nothing to say about the age of consent. Are you really that stupid?

Child molesting is legal in Mexico

3rd world people = 3rd world problems

Just as legal as child molesting is legal here.
Errr What now?? You are either very misinformed or have some alt-definition of what child molestation is. I had a career in investigating child abuse including sexual abuse and I am here to tell you molestation is not legal. Please explain yourself

I was responding ironically to Tank's stupid claim that child molestation in Mexico is legal.

He is just an ignorant bigot.

Child molesting is legal in Mexico

3rd world people = 3rd world problems

Errr What now?? You are either very misinformed or have some alt-definition of what child molestation is. I had a career in investigating child abuse including sexual abuse and I am here to tell you molestation is not legal. Please explain yourself

I was responding ironically to Tank's stupid claim that child molestation in Mexico is legal.

He is just an ignorant bigot.
OK got ya!!

That is nothing but a boatload of bigoted bovine excrement . And Trump has nothing to say about the age of consent. Are you really that stupid?

Yes

He is.

caMm6N8.jpg

I remember reading about a 38 year old man driving from Illinois to Maryland to marry a 12 year old girl, with her parents permission.

In 1964.

How do you propose to get all states to change their laws to fit your standards?

(btw, I agree with you, on most of it)

as far as the 5-7 year difference?

My mom was 9 years younger than dad when they got married,
(she was 17, he was 26)
My grandma was 19 and my papa was 43...

I knew that it would not take long for someone to try to make this about Muslims. Now all that you have to do to keep from looking foolish is to show that Muslims are these ones responsible for the problem IN THIS COUNTRY.
Look, The whole child bride thing is very popular with muslims, so if you don't like pedafiles you are not going to like muslims or their customs.

That's one reason that President Trump want's to get rid of them

Child brides are a little-known, but very real, problem in America today
The legal age for girls in the USA before woman suffrage was 10.. So don't play this shit off as Muslim or new...

I knew that it would not take long for someone to try to make this about Muslims. Now all that you have to do to keep from looking foolish is to show that Muslims are these ones responsible for the problem IN THIS COUNTRY.
Look, The whole child bride thing is very popular with muslims, so if you don't like pedafiles you are not going to like muslims or their customs.

That's one reason that President Trump want's to get rid of them

Child brides are a little-known, but very real, problem in America today
What is this horseshit??! I told you that you needed to show that the problem is primarily a Muslim problem as you stupidly alleged and you provide one anecdotal story of a Muslim girl who was subjected to it.?? Are you so stupid as to think that constitutes an argument or a rebuttal to my point? Your conclusion that it is a Muslim problem based on this one story is a logical fallacy and a failed argument on several levels

1. It is a non sequitur because your conclusion is not supported by your premis

2. It is a Hasty generalization: Making assumptions about a whole group or range of cases based on a sample that is inadequate (usually because it is atypical or too small). Stereotypes about people (“librarians are shy and smart,” “wealthy people are snobs,” etc.) are a common example of the principle underlying hasty generalization.

3. It is an Appeal to ignorance : In the appeal to ignorance, the arguer basically says, “Look, there’s no conclusive evidence on the issue at hand. Therefore, you should accept my conclusion on this issue.”

4. It is a Straw man because I never argued that Muslims do not engage in the practice. My argument was that it is not primarily or exclusively a Muslim problem. One way of making our own arguments stronger is to anticipate and respond in advance to the arguments that an opponent might make. In the straw man fallacy, the arguer sets up a weak version of the opponent’s position and tries to score points by knocking it down. But just as being able to knock down a straw man (like a scarecrow) isn’t very impressive, defeating a watered-down version of your opponent’s argument isn’t very impressive either.

Surely you can do better?? Or not. Oh , and I doubt if Trump is even aware of the issue. There is not much that he is aware of.

If you think America has a "scorage of child marriage" now, letting in more muslims and Hispanic will make things much worse.

It's common sense

Are you really a "commie infested queer loving liberal"?

As Child Marriages Drop, Hundreds Still Marry In Kentucky Each Year

In 2000, there were nearly 1,250 child marriages in the commonwealth. Last year, there were still 217 child marriages — about seven of every 1,000 marriages.

A review of Kentucky data over the last 17 years shows that 11,000 minors have gotten hitched in that period — some as young as 13. These marriages occur across the commonwealth but are more common in the eastern counties, according to marriage license data obtained by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting.

Forum List

Back