The scientists reply

Hey, Dodge...nice to see you again.

Now, where are the answers to my questions you consistently dodge?

We have quite a tally of dodged questions from you:

1. Again, what is my position on AGW? I've told you beforee yet you keep misrepresenting it. Ort, it's too complicated foryou to understand. You keep lying about it. So, what is it?

2. You say the 'deniers' are denying science. As you consistently call Westall and I 'deniers', then you can provide evidence of either of us denying science. Unlike your consistent ack of comprehension of the logic of scientific discovery.

We'll just deal with those two, for now, then address the others that you keep dodging.

And, the evidence you say you need for my post above is included directed in my post. Westall's point is lost on you and deanie-do.

You really need to start thinking rather than lying, if that's possible.

It's not that I'm dodging, it's that you are so cryptic, who knows what you say or believe? If I suggested that you "denied science", then, based on some particular post, my position is that you did. As to what that was? Who knows? I don't memorize your ravings.

Not you, deanie-do. Rocks is Dodge. You just happen to miss the point of Westall and me: Make no decisions until there is adequate evidence to do so. We're not into the reactionary panic based on inflamatory rhetoric like so many dilettantes.

No decision is a decision.

And, that appears to be Westall's point - make no decisions until there is adequate evidence - but it went right over your and deanie-do's head.

And at what point is there "adequate science". If you followed that reasoning, that point would never come.

Scientists don't deal in "absolutes", like the right wing. Of course, "absolutes" makes things so much more, well, "simple".

Like I said asshole.........................:lol::lol:

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-10.jpg

Like RDean said, SIMPLE

Which is a very good thing to do, certainly. The problem is when people decide to get interested in a topic enough to speak on the topic and NOT have the good judgment you exhibit by researching it first. And it seems those are the types of people rdean is speaking out against.

Now the case can be made that people don't need a formal education and extensive experience in a topic to understand the basic tenets, but the problem still comes when people draw conclusions without seeking evidence with which to support their conclusion, or worse yet IGNORING evidence that happens to refute their conclusion. Such cherry picking of information is commonly done in the political arena, but strongly disparaged in the scientific and academic community.

rdean lashes out at pretty much anyone who doesn't have his/hers same viewpoint. Regardless of whether they are well read on the subject or not. In the few threads I heve seen rdean involved in he/she has not come across as being particularly well read on any of those subjects. I will grant you that that is a small sample size but the trend is not favourable.

Actually, I post links to just about everything. I try to find reputable sites that the right wing will respect, but I have to admit, those are few and far between. If they aren't going to respect learned scientists, then who will they respect?

I have also asked right winger why they never post links to their usually very strange positions and I was told because they are merely "giving an opinion".

It's not that I'm dodging, it's that you are so cryptic, who knows what you say or believe? If I suggested that you "denied science", then, based on some particular post, my position is that you did. As to what that was? Who knows? I don't memorize your ravings.

Not you, deanie-do. Rocks is Dodge. You just happen to miss the point of Westall and me: Make no decisions until there is adequate evidence to do so. We're not into the reactionary panic based on inflamatory rhetoric like so many dilettantes.

No decision is a decision.

No decision is not equivalent to inaction.

Last edited:
My, my, here we go again. All them thar pointy headed librul scientists don't know jack shi-it!

God almighty, people like you are why most scientists do not consider themselves conservatives. The denigration of scientists while posting is incredibly ironic.
Your attempting to speak for scientists again is bizarre.

But, you go beyond the bizarre mark and into the realm of insanity whenever you attempt to speak for conservative scientists.

My, my, here we go again. All them thar pointy headed librul scientists don't know jack shi-it!

God almighty, people like you are why most scientists do not consider themselves conservatives. The denigration of scientists while posting is incredibly ironic.
Your attempting to speak for scientists again is bizarre.

But, you go beyond the bizarre mark and into the realm of insanity whenever you attempt to speak for conservative scientists.

Summary: Old Rocks is an idiot.

Which is a very good thing to do, certainly. The problem is when people decide to get interested in a topic enough to speak on the topic and NOT have the good judgment you exhibit by researching it first. And it seems those are the types of people rdean is speaking out against.

Now the case can be made that people don't need a formal education and extensive experience in a topic to understand the basic tenets, but the problem still comes when people draw conclusions without seeking evidence with which to support their conclusion, or worse yet IGNORING evidence that happens to refute their conclusion. Such cherry picking of information is commonly done in the political arena, but strongly disparaged in the scientific and academic community.

rdean lashes out at pretty much anyone who doesn't have his/hers same viewpoint. Regardless of whether they are well read on the subject or not. In the few threads I heve seen rdean involved in he/she has not come across as being particularly well read on any of those subjects. I will grant you that that is a small sample size but the trend is not favourable.

Actually, I post links to just about everything. I try to find reputable sites that the right wing will respect, but I have to admit, those are few and far between. If they aren't going to respect learned scientists, then who will they respect?

I have also asked right winger why they never post links to their usually very strange positions and I was told because they are merely "giving an opinion".

s0n...........you still dont get it. Nor do your pals!!

You can post up 1,000 of your "respectable" sites..........100,000 for that matter. As I said earlier in this thread..........its an exercise in group navel contemplation.........as if what the OCD environmentalists bring to the table is going to make one iota of difference in what comes subsequent to the debate.

It is no different that the nuts who fall all over themselves to bring data to the table trying to get toys removed from Happy Meals at McDonalds (another group of the true believers by the way!!!). These people are 100% convinced they have all the answers but it'snot going to change shit in the real world.

The high and mighty global warming advocates go on..........and on...........and on............and on.................and on.................and on................and on...................and on..............with this graph, these temperature readings, that group of ice statistics!!!!! But I ask the only relevant question. For what purpose? To accomplish what?

I may insist that a picture of my navel be presented as art in the West Wing of the White House. I could spend my days lobbying that it becomes a reality!!! Stand naked in front of the White House to prove my point. It is the PERFECT analogy to the internet activity of the global warming crusaders.............and its not even near a stretch.

The definition of mental illness is doing something over and over and over while expecting a differnet outcome.

The "science" is not settled............100% certainty. Sorry s0ns but that's the way it is. I suppose, if you people get a thrill from posting this stuff up, leading to a feeling of euphoria.............then go for it.

In the political arena, its having the same effect as a flea clap at a sold out football stadium!!! This fact is indisputable!!!

.............. All them thar pointy headed librul scientists don't know jack shi-it!

The large number who use junk science to push a political agenda are far worse than don't know jack shi-it!

They are contemptable liars.

.............. All them thar pointy headed librul scientists don't know jack shi-it!

The large number who use junk science to push a political agenda are far worse than don't know jack shi-it!

But it's the deniers that push a political agenda, because they can't fight the logic.

Some gases absorb energy.

Those gases have been going up the last ~200 years.

Therefore, if the trend continues, warming is inevitable.

What's junk about that? Put up or shut up.

But it's the deniers that push a political agenda, because they can't fight the logic.

What are the deniers denying, moron?

I keep asking you, yet you don't, or likely can't, answer.

And, about your idiotic comment (and as I've said close to a thousand times before to you yet you have willful ignorance of it), if gas concentrations are the only variable in our climate, you might have a point. They are not, you do not.

You look such the fool.

What are the deniers denying, moron?

I keep asking you, yet you don't, or likely can't, answer.

And, about your idiotic comment (and as I've said close to a thousand times before to you yet you have willful ignorance of it), if gas concentrations are the only variable in our climate, you might have a point. They are not, you do not.

You look such the fool.

:eusa_hand:

I deny, dening that I deny anything.

You can post up 1,000 of your "respectable" sites..........100,000 for that matter. As I said earlier in this thread..........its an exercise in group navel contemplation.........as if what the OCD environmentalists bring to the table is going to make one iota of difference in what comes subsequent to the debate.

It is no different that the nuts who fall all over themselves to bring data to the table trying to get toys removed from Happy Meals at McDonalds (another group of the true believers by the way!!!). These people are 100% convinced they have all the answers but it'snot going to change shit in the real world.

The high and mighty global warming advocates go on..........and on...........and on............and on.................and on.................and on................and on...................and on..............with this graph, these temperature readings, that group of ice statistics!!!!! But I ask the only relevant question. For what purpose? To accomplish what?

I may insist that a picture of my navel be presented as art in the West Wing of the White House. I could spend my days lobbying that it becomes a reality!!! Stand naked in front of the White House to prove my point. It is the PERFECT analogy to the internet activity of the global warming crusaders.............and its not even near a stretch.

The definition of mental illness is doing something over and over and over while expecting a differnet outcome.

The "science" is not settled............100% certainty. Sorry s0ns but that's the way it is. I suppose, if you people get a thrill from posting this stuff up, leading to a feeling of euphoria.............then go for it.

In the political arena, its having the same effect as a flea clap at a sold out football stadium!!! This fact is indisputable!!!

The point being, "Data --> Bad"?

The crazy part is that AGW alarmists keep saying that deniers deny. What is being denied?

Most deniers consider themselves to be lukewarmers. They don't deny that CO2 is going into the air. Or that there has been some warming. What they deny is the exaggerated claims of large scale warming and acopolyptic warnings of doom that have no basis in fact.

AGW is not science; it's homeopathy, it's phrenology, it's palmistry.

If it were science there would be laboratory experiments showing how a tiny wisp of CO2 causes all the climactic disruptions they claim it does.

They can't even come up with a name for it! Global Warming, um it's not warming, so now it's Climate Change, um not scary enough so now it's Global Climactic Disruption.

Don't you know when you're being sold a line of bullshit?

No lab = no science.

It's that simple

telly_potato_chad-1.jpg

Ok konrad I'll play. But first you have to do it correctly. Broad statements like the one above are meaningless. Give exact figures and time frames. I want you to use the proper terminology as well. If we are going to have a meaningful discussion there can be no hand waving.

Democrats have controlled Congress for most of the past 70 years

Therefore, Democrat control of Congress causes Global Warming

The point being, "Data --> Bad"?

s0n..............here ya go...............

People.com : The #1 Celebrity Site for breaking news, celebrity pictures and star style

please go blog over there........this stuff is way the fcuk over your head!!!

Forum List

Back