The Science of Cougar Sex: Why Older Women Lust

One of many Mother Nature likes to impose of us.

Too soon old, too late smart is another.

And what's up with the MN's plan wherein boys go from having ZERO sex drive to being nearly completely obsessed with sex for years before most of them are remotely spongeworth?

Oh yeah, those years of wanting but not being wanted doesn't make most men forking nuts when it comes to the male female relationsips for the rest of their lives, now, does it?

From what I understand when men get married they get denied sex so much they just don't really want it as much when the woman gets older and hits her prime, it seems older ladies and younger men are a good match physically.

Meh ... it depends on the relationship. If we throw children into the mix here, well I can understand exactly why women shy away from sex. In my opinion, men ( husband / father ) don't think nearly as much about all the things that need to be done and taken care of, as much as the woman ( wife / mother ) does.

What's sad is when the children grow older and the woman doesn't come back around to enjoying sex.

Thats why alot if not most marriages crash and burn, even for older folks. My parents were married 20+ years and now they are divorced. Sometimes its the other way around, the kids leave home and the woman gets rejuvenized and wants to go out and have fun, and the husband is so beaten down after so many years of child rearing he just wants to take it easy and go to bed at a decent hour, one of the cougars I was with in California was like that, her daughter turned 18 and joined the Military and suddenly she was free, she started going out alot more and getting too wild for her husband so they split up, I met her shortly after, we had some awesome times. She used to party like a college girl.

Last edited:
As an ex-cougar, I can say with some certainty that a woman in her 40s is treated much BETTER by a man in his 20s, than she is by a man in his 40s.

As men age, they develop the idea that they are most sexually appealing to women in early to middle 20s. This isn't true they just believe it to be true. As a consequence men in middle age and up believe that women their own age should be terminally grateful for whatever attention they get. This makes them obnoxious. The contempt just leaks out of their pores. Younger men bring the attitude that older women are more experienced and more adventurous. A 25 year old man is likely to show up at the door of a 40 year old woman with flowers and a bottle of wine. A 40 year old man is likely to break a date with a 40 year old woman because he THINKS he can get one with a 39 year old woman.

This 54 year old man says you're all wet. No pun intended. I'd take a woman within 5 to 10 years of my age any day over a girl in her 20's or 30's.

As an ex-cougar, I can say with some certainty that a woman in her 40s is treated much BETTER by a man in his 20s, than she is by a man in his 40s.

As men age, they develop the idea that they are most sexually appealing to women in early to middle 20s. This isn't true they just believe it to be true. As a consequence men in middle age and up believe that women their own age should be terminally grateful for whatever attention they get. This makes them obnoxious. The contempt just leaks out of their pores. Younger men bring the attitude that older women are more experienced and more adventurous. A 25 year old man is likely to show up at the door of a 40 year old woman with flowers and a bottle of wine. A 40 year old man is likely to break a date with a 40 year old woman because he THINKS he can get one with a 39 year old woman.

As a ... I can't bring myself to refer to myself as a cougar ... I have to disagree. I'm in my 40's and I find older men ( mmmm ... 50's ) to be more attentive than any younger man. And the ones I know and adore WOULD show up with flowers and a bottle of wine and perhaps a little something else to enjoy the night with.

At this age and stage, we've both learned how to slow down and savor the experience. As we age, we learn that some times the bigger turn on is in getting our partner off instead of just being in it for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I don't have a storage tank.

And you said "I prefer to opperate my life more with my head than my primal urges", which is exactly what I responded to. It's not an 'either/or' scenario, to my mind.

I think it should always be a mixture. People who treat their bodies and biological urges as though they're something alien and separate from "You" are screwed-up, in my never-humble opinion. Your body is as much "You" as your mind or your spirit is, and its needs, desires, and urges should no more be ignored and discounted as those of the other two parts.

Decisions should be made BY the mind, but they should be made in consideration of ALL of the parts of "You".

I don't know... it just seems some women who stay faithful in their relationships as they age and go sexually unsatisfied become violently bitter or they die the slow death of empty living. This isn't always the case, but it seems to be the rule. Faithfulness doesn't have to mean the end of spice and/or competitive lovemaking... AND a few women unsatisfied sexually set the world on fire with their high frequency brains.

I probably prefer the company of older men, too, and my experiences prove 'tipsycatlover's' post to be more true than not... However, it isn't about the sex it is about the levels of communication and similar interests that may represent the edge. Perhaps women do mature spiritually faster than men on many levels, but surely not on all because all too often many women ultimately lust after the ones they've left behind.

I'm not sure if 'lust' is really the word... it's more like provoking life to return for many women who resort to straying.

I don't know... it just seems some women who stay faithful in their relationships as they age and go sexually unsatisfied become violently bitter or they die the slow death of empty living. This isn't always the case, but it seems to be the rule. Faithfulness doesn't have to mean the end of spice and/or competitive lovemaking... AND a few women unsatisfied sexually set the world on fire with their high frequency brains.

I probably prefer the company of older men, too, and my experiences prove 'tipsycatlover's' post to be more true than not... However, it isn't about the sex it is about the levels of communication and similar interests that may represent the edge. Perhaps women do mature spiritually faster than men on many levels, but surely not on all because all too often many women ultimately lust after the ones they've left behind.

I'm not sure if 'lust' is really the word... it's more like provoking life to return for many women who resort to straying.

I far and away miss hugging and kissing more than anything else.

I miss laughing so freely and making it a point to do special things... dressing up and dancing even. I miss not worrying over who he's going to fight with next.

Its all about propagation of the species.

Your body is programed in these ways to try and create offspring.

Give into your bodies programing or not.

Its your choice.

I prefer to opperate my life more with my head than my primal urges
Oh, SO not true, grasshoppah. This discussion isn't about sexually active or no. I am not, but only because I'm still married (and he's living with someone else.) And men make me nervous, and I'm a hermit. None of that has any bearing on hormones and sex drive.

Being 53 and sans relationship? It's like I have an off switch on the urges. It's a blessing. Now if I ever start dating again and my off switch remains locked? I'll be seeing a doctor, because then I will know something IS wrong.

I don't think you will have any problem. It's rather like riding a bike after a long layoff. As soon as you get on the balance begins to return.

As a ... I can't bring myself to refer to myself as a cougar ... I have to disagree. I'm in my 40's and I find older men ( mmmm ... 50's ) to be more attentive than any younger man. And the ones I know and adore WOULD show up with flowers and a bottle of wine and perhaps a little something else to enjoy the night with.

Far more attentive. :razz:

I'm 29 and I will prove you wrong.:cool:

Bring. It. On.

*grin*

At this age and stage, we've both learned how to slow down and savor the experience. As we age, we learn that some times the bigger turn on is in getting our partner off instead of just being in it for me.

Exactly!

This 54 year old man says you're all wet. No pun intended. I'd take a woman within 5 to 10 years of my age any day over a girl in her 20's or 30's.

I totally agree. I find my wife to be far more attractive as a whole person than models on the tube, and she doesnt get it.

Advertisers make so much money making Western women feel insecure about themselves in various ways, and it is a shame that women with more wisdom and experience cant appreciate what they have to offer for a relationship body mind and soul. They can offer more in a relationship than some young woman with no real world experience or children or personal depth that comes from understanding life's cycle.

How do you share your life with someone that doesnt share anything close to your own generation?

Whatever; each to their own I guess, but I would much rather spend an evening with my wife than anyone else, and were I single, the closer to my own age the better.

When I think of an "older woman" I think decades older than 40, which is referred to as "older" in this piece. Seventy is definitely not too old to be found to be interesting IMO. I'd feel like I was robbing the cradle being with a woman of forty. Fifty would be just coming of age.

I totally agree. I find my wife to be far more attractive as a whole person than models on the tube, and she doesnt get it.

Advertisers make so much money making Western women feel insecure about themselves in various ways, and it is a shame that women with more wisdom and experience cant appreciate what they have to offer for a relationship body mind and soul. They can offer more in a relationship than some young woman with no real world experience or children or personal depth that comes from understanding life's cycle.

How do you share your life with someone that doesnt share anything close to your own generation?

Whatever; each to their own I guess, but I would much rather spend an evening with my wife than anyone else, and were I single, the closer to my own age the better.

I'm a little confused about what's so special about "same generation". Maybe once upon a time, that made a big difference. In this technological information age, it's incredibly easy for people across the age spectrum to share the same knowledge, hobbies, musical tastes . . . And let's face it, age is really not much of a guarantor of maturity any more.

I turn 31 today, and I want sex more than I did when I was twenty one. I also enjoy it more.

Maybe it is because we have figured out what we like? And sex is now better?

I turn 31 today, and I want sex more than I did when I was twenty one. I also enjoy it more.

And gotten a lot of the extraneous, bullshit inhibitions out of the way.

And gotten a lot of the extraneous, bullshit inhibitions out of the way.

Perhaps many of 'us' catch on to the competitive thoughts of our partners and we give them back what they gave.

:confused: Yet then perhaps sex has always been the bi-product of the real addiction, nature's provocation is the physicists' key in the chemical induction of our brains.

:lol: Really, I am clueless. :lol:

Seems like rather a cruel joke for Mother Nature to play on some of these women.

One of many Mother Nature likes to impose of us.

Too soon old, too late smart is another.

And what's up with the MN's plan wherein boys go from having ZERO sex drive to being nearly completely obsessed with sex for years before most of them are remotely spongeworth?

Oh yeah, those years of wanting but not being wanted doesn't make most men forking nuts when it comes to the male female relationsips for the rest of their lives, now, does it?

From what I understand when men get married they get denied sex so much they just don't really want it as much when the woman gets older and hits her prime, it seems older ladies and younger men are a good match physically.

I think that's a myth, really.

I doubt that wifes refuse to have sex so much that their men don't really want it as much.

In fact, if anything, I suspect its just the opposite.

Men's lust for their partners tends to fade over time, thus it is more likely that wives are sex starved than their hubbies.

I mean that might better explain middle aged women seeking younger men.

When men are younger their sex drives are much strong.

Yep, I agree with editic.

Many young men are like nymphs for several months/years into marriage until the reality of unrealized responsibility sets in defeating their mental stamina if they were not adequately prepared.

Many men also party hard and eat wrong until their body bloats and their minds fail... Then it is almost inevitable that the 'monster' they've created during their lustful years of youth would become too much.

Last edited:

I'm a little confused about what's so special about "same generation". Maybe once upon a time, that made a big difference. In this technological information age, it's incredibly easy for people across the age spectrum to share the same knowledge, hobbies, musical tastes . . . And let's face it, age is really not much of a guarantor of maturity any more.

Oh, I disagree! While you can share some of the same interests, you are at different stages in life and your life experiences have nothing in common. I'm 54 and I work with kids from junior high thru college age and then know a lot of folks from college age up thru my age and beyond. I sit and listen to the 30 somethings talk and they are just at a different place in life than me. The culture, music, TV shows, everything is totally different from my life experiences. While I might think they are hot and wouldn't mind having sex with them for sex's sake, I think spending quality companion time with them would be difficult. I'm at an age where a woman with the battle scars of life is far more appealing to me than a rookie. She has far more depth, wisdom and experience as a person. Now, does she still have to be sexually appealing? Well yeah, but she doesn't have to be the tight, hot bod that she was 30 years ago either.

Forum List

Back