'The Science Is Settled' - Researchers Made Up Fake Alien Civ. As Part Of Global Warming Study

You remember triggered snowflakes / Libs declaring the discussion on Global Warming was OVER because 'The Science Is Settled'?!

Despite no evidence on life on other planets, liberal 'scientists' tried to 'to model the “possible histories of alien planets, the (non-existent) civilizations they grow, and the climate change that follows” in a paper about Global Warming' ... NO $H!T!

These guys sat around and made up $h!t about non-existent aliens and their non-existent civilizations and how they could have / would have dealt with Global Warming in a paper to address Global Warming.

Well there ya go - we now know what Liberals mean when they declare, "The Science is Settled!"

Bwuhahahaha....

ACTUAL PAPER: How Would Aliens Solve Global Warming?

The actual paper was titled:

The Silurian Hypothesis: Would it be possible to detect
an industrial civilization in the geological record?

Hypotheses and speculation are a part of it. Trumplodytes, innit?

Really, the "data" flowed in heavily to produce this gem...,

" We conclude by discussing the implications of our results for both the coupled Earth system and for the consideration of exo-civilizations across cosmic history."

The abstract of the paper discussed in the OP is:

If an industrial civilization had existed on Earth many millions of years prior to our
own era, what traces would it have left and would they be detectable today? We
summarize the likely geological fingerprint of the Anthropocene, and demonstrate
that while clear, it will not differ greatly in many respects from other known events
in the geological record. We then propose tests that could plausibly distinguish an
industrial cause from an otherwise naturally occurring climate event.

I don't see the conclusion you quote. Here's the paper:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1804.03748v1.pdf

'There once was an ancient alien race that had the same problem we had, a massive carbon problem endangering their planet and existence. The highly more advanced civilization used genetic engineering to modify genetic code of all life forms to be able to use less O2, intake the carbon, to process that carbon, and to release excess O2 back into the environment.

Eventually the carbon level, as a result of what they did, subsided...to the point where there was not enough carbon to survive, and they all died, leaving no trace of their genetically altered existence. Over time nature adapted as it always does, leaving no trace of genetically altered plants / animals.

The paper I am going to write and release soon, is thus, a 'scientific' paper on the study and dangers of Global Warming, the analysis of an ancient alien race and how they addressed Global warming - modifying life genetically to be able to process /exist/live/breathe off carbon and fart oxygen, and promote genetic engineering as a potential solution to our own way to address Global Warming - but warning we should be manage this more carefully than the ancient aliens previously did.'

When I am done writing this paper I will have accomplished as much 'scientific' research as these clowns have in producing their 'scientific findings'.

:p

You remember triggered snowflakes / Libs declaring the discussion on Global Warming was OVER because 'The Science Is Settled'?!

Despite no evidence on life on other planets, liberal 'scientists' tried to 'to model the “possible histories of alien planets, the (non-existent) civilizations they grow, and the climate change that follows” in a paper about Global Warming' ... NO $H!T!

These guys sat around and made up $h!t about non-existent aliens and their non-existent civilizations and how they could have / would have dealt with Global Warming in a paper to address Global Warming.

Well there ya go - we now know what Liberals mean when they declare, "The Science is Settled!"

Bwuhahahaha....

" We conclude by discussing the implications of our results for both the coupled Earth system and for the consideration of exo-civilizations across cosmic history."

If an industrial civilization had existed on Earth many millions of years prior to our
summarize the likely geological fingerprint of the Anthropocene, and demonstrate
that while clear, it will not differ greatly in many respects from other known events
in the geological record. We then propose tests that could plausibly distinguish an

THIS is the paper that was the subject of the posted article:

The Anthropocene Generalized: Evolution of Exo-Civilizations and Their Planetary Feedback

Frank A. Carroll-Nellenback Jonathan , Alberti M. , and Kleidon A.

What you brought up is NOT found in post 1 article, the one many are making fun of.

You are a confused boy.

Bwuhahahaha....

The Anthropocene Generalized: Evolution of Exo-Civilizations and Their Planetary Feedback

What you brought up is NOT found in post 1 article, the one many are making fun of.

You are a confused boy.

You're mistaken. The OP links to a Daily Caller article about the Frank/Schmidt paper, for which I provided a link to the PDF.

Bwuhahahaha....

You are a confused boy.
Congrats on finding links to other articles. YOU are talking about those other articles, I am not. I started a thread based on the article I posted, not the ones you just found; therefore, I am not / was not confused regarding the article the thread was based on. Thank you for your contribution ot the thread. Have a nice day.

Bwuhahahaha....

You are a confused boy.

You're mistaken. The OP links to a Daily Caller article about the Frank/Schmidt paper, for which I provided a link to the PDF.

IN the Daily caller article is the LINK to the Atlantic article that contains the science paper link I posted.

Daily Caller:

"How would alien civilizations solve a problem like global warming? Sounds like a science fiction novel, but a group of researchers are actually taking the question seriously.

Adam Frank, a professor of astrophysics at the University of Rochester, was the lead author of a study trying to model the “possible histories of alien planets, the civilizations they grow, and the climate change that follows.”

Frank’s study was published in the journal Astrobiology in early May, but Frank wrote about his work for The Atlantic. “We’re interested in how exo-civilizations develop on their planets,” Frank wrote Wednesday."

bolding mine

The Atlantic link states:

"Remarkably, science has now advanced to point where we can take a first step at answering this question. I know this because my colleagues and I have just published a first study mapping out possible histories of alien planets, the civilizations they grow, and the climate change that follows. Our team was made up of astronomers, an earth scientist, and an urban ecologist."

the Link from that goes to HERE, showing this which was first mentioned in the Daily Caller:

Frank A. , Carroll-Nellenback Jonathan , Alberti M. , and Kleidon A.

The paper YOU bring up is an OLDER paper found further down in the daily caller article, but not the one the DC and Atlantic articles are discussing:

"This isn’t Frank’s first foray into questions about ancient extraterrestrial civilizations. Frank wrote another op-ed in The Atlantic in April on a paper he co-authored with Gavin Schmidt, the director of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

That’s right, NASA’s top climate scientist co-authored a paper on advanced civilizations that could have existed millions of years before humanity on Earth."

You are indeed a confused boy.

You are a confused boy.

IN the Daily caller article is the LINK to the Atlantic article that contains the science paper link I posted.

Daily Caller:

"How would alien civilizations solve a problem like global warming? Sounds like a science fiction novel, but a group of researchers are actually taking the question seriously.

Adam Frank, a professor of astrophysics at the University of Rochester, was the lead author of a study trying to model the “possible histories of alien planets, the civilizations they grow, and the climate change that follows.”

Frank’s study was published in the journal Astrobiology in early May, but Frank wrote about his work for The Atlantic. “We’re interested in how exo-civilizations develop on their planets,” Frank wrote Wednesday."

bolding mine

"Remarkably, science has now advanced to point where we can take a first step at answering this question. I know this because my colleagues and I have just published a first study mapping out possible histories of alien planets, the civilizations they grow, and the climate change that follows. Our team was made up of astronomers, an earth scientist, and an urban ecologist."

the Link from that goes to HERE, showing this which was first mentioned in the Daily Caller:

The paper YOU bring up is an OLDER paper found further down in the daily caller article, but not the one the DC and Atlantic articles are discussing:

"This isn’t Frank’s first foray into questions about ancient extraterrestrial civilizations. Frank wrote another op-ed in The Atlantic in April on a paper he co-authored with Gavin Schmidt, the director of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

That’s right, NASA’s top climate scientist co-authored a paper on advanced civilizations that could have existed millions of years before humanity on Earth."

The OP agrees with me, but I'm sure you're entitled to your own facts.

You are a confused boy.

Daily Caller:

bolding mine

Here is the OP you irrationally claim your support.

The very FIRST three paragraphs from The Daily Caller article:

Color and bolding mine

Now click on the word WROTE.

The SECOND paragraph from the Atlantic:

Click on the word STUDY, that leads to this, from the journal ASTROBIOLOGY:

This is the paper ADAM FRANK the Atlantic author and the lead scientist of the paper are talking about. The one the Daily Caller, the Atlantic and the Journal Astrobiology talked about.

After the Daily Caller savages the absurd paper in most of the article, they near the bottom of the article finally mention another paper Adam Frank published:

Daily Caller didn't discuss that paper at all, the Atlantic article doesn't even mention it despite that the author is Adam Frank himself.

Stop making a fool of yourself.

You are a confused boy.

Daily Caller:

bolding mine

Here is the OP you irrationally claim your support.

The very FIRST three paragraphs from The Daily Caller article:

Color and bolding mine

Now click on the word WROTE.

The SECOND paragraph from the Atlantic:

Click on the word STUDY, that leads to this, from the journal ASTROBIOLOGY:

This is the paper ADAM FRANK the Atlantic author and the lead scientist of the paper are talking about. The one the Daily Caller, the Atlantic and the Journal Astrobiology talked about.

After the Daily Caller savages the absurd paper in most of the article, they near the bottom of the article finally mention another paper Adam Frank published:

Daily Caller didn't discuss that paper at all, the Atlantic article doesn't even mention it despite that the author is Adam Frank himself.

Stop making a fool of yourself.
'Drown them in BS', distract them from the fact that Global Warming 'scientists' manipulate data (The 'Hockey Stick' Model) or pull stuff like non-existent alien races out of their arse to argue / support their arguments.

[QUOTE="Crepitus, post: 20043480, member: 69759
^doesnt actually understand how science works^
He suspects it might be a dirty word as well.
This is part of the problem with Global Warming snowflakes - they believe sitting around making up $h!t is the same thing as actual scientific research of REAL things and coming up with actual scientific data.

They believe 'Science' is the same thing as making $h!t up and pulling whatever BS they need to justify their conclusions from the nether-regions of their anal orifices.

Inventing a non-existent, never-existed alien race and speculating what that race would do to combat Global warming would mean you would have to invent every detail about that alien race - biological, physiological, psychological, spiritual make-up, habits, tendencies, preferences, biases, etc...everything. Once you did all of that the you could comprehend and imagine - based on those things - what this race might or might not due.

In the end, you 'deduce' a result based on your own input, not input you actually discovered / that existed without / prior to you inputting your own 'biased' information...based on a species YOU created / designed instead of one that actually existed previously.

The entire 'experiment' / deduction is tainted from the very start by 'your' own inputs that set the condition of the theory.

Again, it's not researching anything - its making $h!t up.
Standing by my original assessment.[/QUOTE]

Inventing a non-existent, never-existed alien race and speculating what that race would do to combat Global warming would mean you would have to invent every detail about that alien race - biological, physiological, psychological, spiritual make-up, habits, tendencies, preferences, biases, etc...everything. Once you did all of that the you could comprehend and imagine - based on those things - what this race might or might not due.

Exactly.

It has been proven that alien visitors to earth changed the planet to fit their needs. Their history could not be shown on TV 24/7 if it were not proven factual truth.

It is a scientific fact that there are no such things as extraterrestrial life or aliens from other worlds!

If there were, Liberals would have already figured out how to register them to illegally vote, signed them up for tax payer-funded welfare, food stamps, and Obamaphones, and would be sending them foreign aid by now.

Bwuhahaha.....
Up Uranus, Trekkies!

But if the Little Green Men are actually white, Liberals can blame them for all our problems.

Forum List

Back