The science against climate change

Everyone except the craziest cranks has abandoned the denialist fringe cult. All of planet earth mocks them now. That's got to wear on their sanity, knowing everyone considers them to be clowns. And it shows, with many denialists here clearly in sanity death spirals. But all is not lost, as they may still be able to post while institutionalized.

Everyone except the craziest cranks has abandoned the denialist fringe cult. All of planet earth mocks them now. That's got to wear on their sanity, knowing everyone considers them to be clowns. And it shows, with many denialists here clearly in sanity death spirals. But all is not lost, as they may still be able to post while institutionalized.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Really, you need to go seek help there moothy old girl. The sceptics have been soundly kicking your asses all over creation since the CLIMATEGATE emails were released. With the exception of a few places like Australia and Germany your cult is in decline the world over.

Get used to failure. Your religion has failed and soon it will be classed the same as Zoroastrianism. Yes there are still practitioners but they are a dying breed.

Is Manmooth female? I thought she was male based on the amount of always present rudeness. Hardly ever any substance but always much trolling.

Is Manmooth female? I thought she was male based on the amount of always present rudeness. Hardly ever any substance but always much trolling.

mammy is one of the inumerable socks created by a couple of enviro whackos to attempt to support their silly religion. Hence mammy is asexual, I just call mammy a girl because of the avatar. Bastet was a female Egyptian Goddess that took the form of a cat.

You're completely right.. Just yesterday a couple squirrels mocked me by knocking down some hickory nuts on my head. And the planet also mocked me last Sunday when I nearly dumped my lawn tractor in a mole hole on the back hillside..

Could be I end up institutionalized.. But I swear I'll use all that spare time to mock these faux enviro-nuts to my last breath. :D

Take a breath.. Hold in the CO2... Don't pollute...

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Really, you need to go seek help there moothy old girl. The sceptics have been soundly kicking your asses all over creation since the CLIMATEGATE emails were released. With the exception of a few places like Australia and Germany your cult is in decline the world over.

Get used to failure. Your religion has failed and soon it will be classed the same as Zoroastrianism. Yes there are still practitioners but they are a dying breed.

Do you honestly believe that, Westwall?

I think we can be fairly sure you don't.

We know that more than 60 national science academies and international research units all support the AGW theory - while not a single one opposes the idea.

That hardly fits with your statement, does it?

Do you honestly believe that, Westwall?

I think we can be fairly sure you don't.

We know that more than 60 national science academies and international research units all support the AGW theory - while not a single one opposes the idea.

That hardly fits with your statement, does it?

Why yes I do mr. puppet. Cap and Trade is dead here in the States. The carbon trading schemes are dying worldwide. Carbon credits are trading for pennies per ton where once they were selling for dollars. Most major trading companies have closed down their carbon trading desks as a result.

Al Gores investment portfolio contains NO GREEN ENERGY companies! It does however contain a natural gas fracking company.

All those organisations derive most of their funding from perpetuating the fraud so that argument and its concurrent appeal to authority matters not a whit. Some day you may understand the difference between science and appeals to authority but I doubt it.

So yes, I believe everything I said. Your anti-science religion is dying and in ten years it will be a bad, bad memory save for the fanatics like yourselves who will forever strive to keep it alive.

Richard Feynman's great 'Carco Cult' speech was a warning to the graduating students to not lie to themselves. in science you are not supposed to 'fool' anyone, and the easiest person to fool is yourself.

climate science needs its own Feynman to come in and clean up the prevailing attitude that seems to pressure its members into distorting the findings to accomodate the 'noble cause'. while there have been sins of commission done, I am much more worried about sins of ommission. it is bad that Michael Mann used the 'upsidedown Tiljander cores' in defense of his hockey stick graph and has thus poisoned numerous downhill papers, but it is worse that the rank and file of climate scientists have not come out publically to denounce it.

here is another example of 'sin of ommission'. just about everybody shades their story to accent the positive evidence and hide the negative but in science you are supposed to be brutally honest and even your own worst critic.

over the last two decades we have had satellite altimetry to study Antarctica and a decade's worth of GRACE. we have been told of ever increasing ice loss by various means and the supposed sea level increase of possibly up to many 10s of metres. hundreds of articles have been written in the media and many others in the Journals. so what would happen if a team was given the job of collating and reaccessing the available data and the results were not what they expected? would they make the findings obvious and inform the media? or would they accentuate the localized ice losses and hide the overall ice mass increase in plain sight by not pointing it out? I think we all know the answer to that question.

http://www.waisworkshop.org/presentations/2011/Session4/Zwally.pdf

first graphic contains-
 1900 Gt/yr approximate total input from
precipitation – evaporation less blowing snow
removal.
 Negligible output from surface melting and
uncertain loss from basal melting.
 1900 Gt/yr approximate output from ice
discharge into ocean.

second graphic contains-
 The wide range of published values of the rate of Antarctic
net mass change (+50 to -250 Gt/yr) showed a large uncertainty
in the current (and recent) contribution to sea level rise (-0.1 to
+0.7 mm/yr). Range is about 15% of input.
 Report s of large and accelerating rate of mass loss since
the early 1990s are unconfirmed.
 Overview and Assessment of Estimates of the Mass Balance
of the Antarctic Ice Sheet: 1992 to 2009, Zwally and Giovinetto, In
Surveys in Geophysics special issue on Cryosphere and Sea Level Change,
May 2011.

final graphic contains-
Climate warming in Arctic and increasing
ice loss in Greenland (-171 Gt/yr)!

West Antartica (-38 Gt/yr) and Peninsula
(-27 Gt/yr) have a net loss (-65 Gt/yr).

Antarctica: Overall, ice sheet now has
small positive balance (+38 Gt/yr)!

!?! Greenland hadnt been talked about but here it is with bold colouring!

the overall results did not have any highlighted colours and the text was superimposed over a snowmobile graphic which made the remark about the overall positive balance almost impossible to read!

hide the decline, hide the incline, cherry picking, etc are all very bad for the reputation of science but they seem to be a staple of what passes for research.

postscript- Zwally made another presentation in 2012 where he stated the overall gain in ice was now increased to 49GT/yr but no reference data was presented for public consumption.

Honey.........you have the political IQ of a small soap dish. Im guessing too youre one of those feminist bulldog crazies..............:D

Heres to those who are mocked............and who are winning >>>>>>

coal-train-1.jpg

Westwall -

Carbon trading has nothing whatsoever to do with the science behind climate change. Obviously.

Ahhhh yes, but carbon trading was a direct financial component of the fraud of AGW climate change. For a journo you sure seem to be painfully uninformed. When it became clear that AGW theory was fraudulent (thanks to the CLIMATEGATE emails) the carbon market collapsed. All carbon regulating schemes died here in the legislature so the Obama admin ghas had to resort to EPA fiat to try and implement their bullshit. And that too has failed with the further attack on the EPA in the form that there is a serious effort afoot now to dismantle it or at the least defund it to render it impotent.

Your "theory" is false. It's been proven comprehensively that CO2 lags temperature by hundreds of years, it has also become quite apparent that the leading lights of AGW "theory" have engaged in a years long effort to falsify the historical temperature record and they have been caught doing it. In New Zealand they were handed a major defeat and the original record had to be used, not their fraudulent one.

The sam will be happening here in the US soon as well. As soon as Obama isout of office you will see a wholsale house cleaning in NASA and GISS as the fraudsters are sent packing. Hopefully we will see the likes of Mann and Trenberth and company prosecuted for fraud and imprisoned.

Allready Mann is in serious trouble in Canada where the arrogant twerp sued Dr. Tim Ball and found out to his horror that he would have to release his raw data during discovery. He has refused (gee I wonder why) and will be in Contempt of Court very soon (if he isn't allready) and very soon after that he will most quietly drop his suit and repay Dr. Balls legal fees.

So you see dear cultist, your religion's days are numbered. There is ZERO empirical data to support your precious "theory" and loads to refute it. That is the nature of scientific enquiry.....which is ENQUIRY! Not appeals to authority and "consensus".

Consensus is a political term, not a scientific one.

Westwall -

Unfortunately what you are posting is simply fantasy - and I have no doubt that you would ignore all and any evidence of that, there is rally very little to discuss.

You are entitled to your own beliefs, of course, but you must realise yourelf that there can't be more than a couple of hundred people in th entire world who would agree with most of your claims here.

Climategate proved climate change was bullshit?

I somehow don't think you'll get many takers for that one!

In New Zealand they were handed a major defeat and the original record had to be used, not their fraudulent one.

This sentence did catch my eye though - what do you mean by this?

from a UK paper, attributing this graph to the Met Office-

article-2217286-157E3ADF000005DC-561_644x358.jpg

The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new data released last week.
The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures.
This means that the ‘plateau’ or ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996. Before that, temperatures had been stable or declining for about 40 years.

Read more: Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am agnostic on the reality and the reasons behind global warming/climate change/weather disruption. but science moves forward by synthesizing an idea, collecting data to test the idea, making predictions according to the ideas, and having third parties test the ideas and predictions. so far climate science has struck out big time on predictions and making data and methodology available for replication of their work. how much longer before we have to call this experiment a failure?

Forum List

Back