The schizophrenia that is conservatism

This says far more about the left's drug induced paranoia toward anyone that doesn't walk lock step with them.

They can't understand it. They don't have the intelligence to understand individualism. And like all things that lack intelligence, when they can't understand it, they react with fear, paranoia, and more importantly delusion.

The above reeks of the same.

Read, laugh, repeat!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who leads the Teaparty? Sarrah Palin, Dick Armey, or Ron Paul? I understand individualism quite well, and I also understand that there can only be one president, not 10 million individuals. At least I have the intelligence to understand that.

First, the TEA Party has no leader.

Second, while we have only one President, it would be nice if that one President was a leader. The clown we have right now is tone deaf and incompetent. As soon as he thinks he knows the best way to rise in the polls, he takes off in the focus group directed tangent of the day.

Pathetic.

They have no leader (they say)
They have no official spokesman (they say)
They have no official headquarters (they say)
They are only made up of individuals (they say)

Therefore they have no responsibilities, no seriousness, no one to confront for the silly shit the "tea parties" do or propose individually. Did you see the Tea Party "Guy" this Sunday? (Meet the Press?) All he said was "cut it". When prodded more about policy or the impacts his only reply was "FIX BUDGET ERRR!"

No responsibility...No liability

I suspect 'spectrumc01' is a conservative person. There is the innate habit of disecting things into individual parts. That is good. Reconstruction is the next step.
Really? Because I look at him as your typical Religion hater and therefore a Liberal. But he identifies himself as an "individual", however he defines that.

*Religion hater? yes, although "hater" is too strong of a description, I would go with "opponent", who likes to point out hypocracy.

*I do define myself as an individual who wants to stay that way, but if you listen to religion there "is only one true religion and everyone else is wrong" therefore everyone must convert.

*Conservative on some issues and liberal on others, again showing my "individualism".

when a conservative says "religion hater" he is being misleading...

what he really means is "right wing evangelical christian religion"

because he hates all non right wing evangelical christian religions more than any liberal

he hates wiccans
and muslims
and atheists
and those darn liberal christians who, he insists, are NOT real christians!

the only religion a conservative DEMANDS respect for is the evangelical firebreathing god of the old testament

it is illogical (so therefore evidence of a defective brain) to equate liberals with religion hating or religion hating with liberals.

MILLIONS of liberals ARE christians
millions more are religious

none of them hate religions

we just have a rational distaste and dislike of deranged hatefilled right wing luncatics REGARDLESS of what their religion is

Did you hear what the demonRats said yesterday? "They've come here to kill women." Now tell us why anyone would want to negotiate with an impotent hysterical fool such as this??

Negotiating with liberals leads to one thing: more liberalism. The only thing we should negotiate is how fast we are going to dismantle the liberal welfare state.

It has become apparent that Republicans, Tea Partiers, and Libertarians consider themselves conservatives. Then there are the independants who fall into two catagories, conservative and liberal. So now we have four different types of conservatism, so far.

Conservatism is quickly becoming like christianity, with many denominations which vary ever so slightly from one to the next. Making them hard to pin down or determine what they believe. It also gives them plenty of hiding room as they float from one group to the next. This has become quite popular among conservatives since the GWB presidency.

Conservatism breaks down even further when you start talking about religion and the constitution. The only common denominator among all the conservatives is that they don't like Democrats, or Liberals.

Conservatism is quickly resembling terrorist cells, as they have no definitive leader, and their agenda is widely varried. Depending on who you talk to, the most important thing to conservatives seams to range from moral issues, to financial issues, to foreign affairs issues, and then to what ever issue they decide to champion next. As for the leqdership of these groups no one knows who leads some of them, such as the Tea Partiers and Libertarians. Just what the heck is Sarrah Palin? Tea Party express or Republican VP candidate? Then there is Ron Paul and Dick Armey what position do they hold in what party?

What has also become apparent is their lack of willingness to negotiate, or even talk to the other side of the isle. The degree to which this takes place and which issues this happens over also varies depending on which conservative group you are talking to. The only constant here is the level of anger.

These reasons and observations have led me to believe that if you are going to discuss anything with a conservative you had best find out what type of conservative you are talking to. As with christianity they are all brothers until you point out their shortcomings and then they become as slippery as eels moving from one form of conservatism to the next, until they find one that makes them look good for the issue being debated.

Does this make them bad people? No. Does this make them unamerican? No. Does this make their beliefs wrong? No. What it does do is make them to unpredictable. It is this unpredictability that leads us to doubt and question their motives. If you have to question their motives do you really want them running the country?

corner_dumb_ass.jpg

Who leads the Teaparty? Sarrah Palin, Dick Armey, or Ron Paul? I understand individualism quite well, and I also understand that there can only be one president, not 10 million individuals. At least I have the intelligence to understand that.

First, the TEA Party has no leader.

Second, while we have only one President, it would be nice if that one President was a leader. The clown we have right now is tone deaf and incompetent. As soon as he thinks he knows the best way to rise in the polls, he takes off in the focus group directed tangent of the day.

Pathetic.

They have no leader (they say)
They have no official spokesman (they say)
They have no official headquarters (they say)
They are only made up of individuals (they say)

Therefore they have no responsibilities, no seriousness, no one to confront for the silly shit the "tea parties" do or propose individually. Did you see the Tea Party "Guy" this Sunday? (Meet the Press?) All he said was "cut it". When prodded more about policy or the impacts his only reply was "FIX BUDGET ERRR!"

No responsibility...No liability

Does the demand for individual responsibility mean no responsibility to you?

Really? Because I look at him as your typical Religion hater and therefore a Liberal. But he identifies himself as an "individual", however he defines that.

*Religion hater? yes, although "hater" is too strong of a description, I would go with "opponent", who likes to point out hypocracy.

*I do define myself as an individual who wants to stay that way, but if you listen to religion there "is only one true religion and everyone else is wrong" therefore everyone must convert.

*Conservative on some issues and liberal on others, again showing my "individualism".

when a conservative says "religion hater" he is being misleading...

what he really means is "right wing evangelical christian religion"

because he hates all non right wing evangelical christian religions more than any liberal

he hates wiccans
and muslims
and atheists
and those darn liberal christians who, he insists, are NOT real christians!

the only religion a conservative DEMANDS respect for is the evangelical firebreathing god of the old testament

it is illogical (so therefore evidence of a defective brain) to equate liberals with religion hating or religion hating with liberals.

MILLIONS of liberals ARE christians
millions more are religious

none of them hate religions

we just have a rational distaste and dislike of deranged hatefilled right wing luncatics REGARDLESS of what their religion is

I don't have strong religious beliefs, so i really don't have a dog in this fight, but i really need to correct your willful ignorance on this topic.

My sister and her husband are both very religious and are in every way inclusive of every human being on Earth. That you see all Christians through the prism of those loons in that twisted church that demonstrates at military funerals is not the problem of Christians. It is your problem.

Like all that hate, you are both defined and diminished by your hatered.

I suspect 'spectrumc01' is a conservative person. There is the innate habit of disecting things into individual parts. That is good. Reconstruction is the next step.

You mean like Ayn Rand?

Then there are the independants who fall into two catagories, conservative and liberal.
Nonsense.

You hacks will never understand Indys. This is because, you are hacks.

Unlike the hacks, Indys can't be pigeonholed with neat labels. And unlike the hacks, we can spell "independents" and "categories."

Must be some sort of connection.

When all you got is name calling..."Hacks", and pointing out spelling errors. You really don't have much of an arguement.

Well, if you're going to constantly tell us how much smarter than us you are, you should at least spell correctly.

Just a suggestion.

It has become apparent that Republicans, Tea Partiers, and Libertarians consider themselves conservatives. Then there are the independants who fall into two catagories, conservative and liberal. So now we have four different types of conservatism, so far.

Conservatism is quickly becoming like christianity, with many denominations which vary ever so slightly from one to the next. Making them hard to pin down or determine what they believe. It also gives them plenty of hiding room as they float from one group to the next. This has become quite popular among conservatives since the GWB presidency.

Conservatism breaks down even further when you start talking about religion and the constitution. The only common denominator among all the conservatives is that they don't like Democrats, or Liberals.

Conservatism is quickly resembling terrorist cells, as they have no definitive leader, and their agenda is widely varried. Depending on who you talk to, the most important thing to conservatives seams to range from moral issues, to financial issues, to foreign affairs issues, and then to what ever issue they decide to champion next. As for the leqdership of these groups no one knows who leads some of them, such as the Tea Partiers and Libertarians. Just what the heck is Sarrah Palin? Tea Party express or Republican VP candidate? Then there is Ron Paul and Dick Armey what position do they hold in what party?

What has also become apparent is their lack of willingness to negotiate, or even talk to the other side of the isle. The degree to which this takes place and which issues this happens over also varies depending on which conservative group you are talking to. The only constant here is the level of anger.

These reasons and observations have led me to believe that if you are going to discuss anything with a conservative you had best find out what type of conservative you are talking to. As with christianity they are all brothers until you point out their shortcomings and then they become as slippery as eels moving from one form of conservatism to the next, until they find one that makes them look good for the issue being debated.

Does this make them bad people? No. Does this make them unamerican? No. Does this make their beliefs wrong? No. What it does do is make them to unpredictable. It is this unpredictability that leads us to doubt and question their motives. If you have to question their motives do you really want them running the country?

I'm a liberal (not a "classical liberal"), and I disagree with other liberals at least as often as I disagree with Conservatives.

Neither side is a hive mind.

You mean like Ayn Rand?

LoL!!!

Not one of the far RW reactionary crazies responded to this one.

They worship Ayn Rand, but can't reconcile her anti-religiosity.

More evidence of their insanity.

:lol:
lol

The GOP opened up the tent to include the social conservatives.

So as result we have a wider variety of conservatives.

And as we recently saw, the RNC does not have total control over all the different types of conservatives.

Specifically their TEa Party contingent isn't going to be easy to keep in line for the GOP bluebloods who typically controlled that party.

Forum List

Back