The Scarecrow: Dianetics

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This dialogue I cooked up was inspired by the Scarecrow-paranoia films The Strangers and Jeepers Creepers, which looks at pedestrian terror through the lens of a 'traffic reaper/stranger/demon.'

A scarecrow is a harvest totem-doll signifying the scaring away of crop-threats and therefore vitality yields.

The dialogue represents our modern-day psychological love-affair with 'pedestrianism-vignette' programs such as Mork and Mindy and Green Acres.

Such 'modern consciousness' reveals the social value/appeal of new age empirical belief-institutions such as Dianetics.

My goal is to make our post-Industrialization consumerism-subjective 'TrumpUSA' feel as pedestrian-friendly as possible, and that ominously seems to be possible only through regular 'capitalism traffic channels' (e.g., Starbucks, Facebook, etc.)!

====

SCARECROW: I like new age entertainment --- Mork and Mindy, Green Acres, Modern Family, 12 Monkeys.
GOD: I thought your primary interests included Halloween, Children of the Corn, and ravens...
SCARECROW: Yes, those are my 'fingerprints,' but modern entertainment represents 'pedestrian harvest.'
GOD: Are you referring to Facebook?
SCARECROW: Yes! Facebook, European Union, Wall Street, Toys 'R Us, and anything linked to 'traffic.'
GOD: Perhaps 'traffic' is a new sub-term for 'farming/harvest.'
SCARECROW: It really is, which is why you see elaborate cities, CNN.com, and Facebook!
GOD: So should we expect to see a Scarecrow 'silhouette' haunting Facebook?
SCARECROW: I have no malice towards Facebook, since it symbolizes 'pedestrian networks.'
GOD: I suppose then you're angry at people like the 'Craigslist Killer.'
SCARECROW: Yes, well such individuals are the new age 'ravens' destroying pedestrian faith in commerce.
GOD: Are you a 'defender' of Wall Street then?
SCARECROW: I'm the opposite of Gordon Gekko...
GOD: Should people of this age fear the wrath of commerce/traffic mischief (e.g., Enron)?
SCARECROW: Perhaps this sort of 'grid-crime' will generate automated maladies (i.e., Internet viruses)!
GOD: What if humanity is sincere about teamwork but weak about compassion?
SCARECROW: The consumerism-angle of 'TrumpUSA' is the road to avoid another Reaganomics.
GOD: Well, let me just note, "Scarecrow told God he's a huge fan of Starbucks!"

====

v1.jpg

Forum List

Back