The Savage Nation vs. the Bushbots

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
The Savage Nation vs. the Bushbots
Thursday, July 21, 2005

Al Franken and the other liberals are probably still wondering why they had such little luck in their efforts to start a talk-radio network to bash George Bush from the left. They didn't consider the obvious explanation. George Bush has his left flank nicely covered. It's on the right that he's weak.

That is the theory of Michael Savage. Savage is the most right- wing of the right-wing talkers on the national airwaves at the moment. He is based in San Francisco, but he can be heard in the New York area on WOR in the evenings. He is a welcome change from those Karl Rove clones Hush Bimbo and Sean Vanity.

"Hush Bimbo" and "Sean Vanity" are the names Savage has pinned on Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity of WABC. In doing so, he has sparked a war between the members of his "Savage Nation" (slogan: "Borders, language, culture") and the so-called "Bushbots," that sizable number of gullible Americans who can be convinced that whatever policy Bush adopts is a conservative policy.

"What makes Bush a conservative?" Savage asked when I got him on the phone the other day. "On the economy, Bush has got more governmental workers than anybody before him. He's ballooned the government."

As regards the so-called "war on terror," Savage points out that you can't win a war when you're afraid even to name the enemy.

"He's never mentioned Islamofascism," said Savage.

No, he hasn't. Even the French have been more willing to defend their borders, language and culture than Bush. He's a multiculturalist and a mushy one at that. Instead of reducing the reach of Islamic fundamentalism, Bush has managed in Iraq to get 1,700 Americans killed in a war that will create yet another Islamic republic. Just yesterday we learned that the new constitution in Iraq will incorporate sharia, Islamic law.

That's why we right-wing commentators believe the Iraq war has been the biggest blunder in America military history. As for Bimbo and Vanity, if I may employ Savage's labels, they are simply too uneducated to realize that the Iraq war represents a failed liberal exercise in nation-building.

"There is no college in Rush. There is no college in Hannity," said Savage. "He's a high school dropout. It's like listening to an uneducated, unthinking man on the radio."

Savage has a Ph.D. from Berkeley in epidemiology, an extremely challenging field. That makes him a bit overqualified for the verbal pro- wrestling matches that make up talk radio. But it also makes him interesting.

The Bushbots don't think so. On their Web sites, they call Savage a bigot and a racist, two terms the employment of which generally indicate that the speaker is losing an argument. Savage is a hero on those Web sites that attack Bush's open-borders approach to immigration. "Rush Limbaugh is a direct link to his president, El Traitor, Senor Bush," wrote one blogger. "The invasion by illegals has been going on now for a long time."

"You are 100 percent correct," said another of Limbaugh and Hannity. "They are nothing but blind, rubber-stamping followers of El Presidente Bush."

All of this is a lot of fun if you don't take it seriously. I certainly don't. But I do find talk radio to be a good barometer of the nation's mood. And the nation is slowly figuring out that the Bush-neoconservative-Troskyite-internationalist view of foreign affairs has not worked out so swimmingly for the good old U.S. of A.

"Bush is melting down our borders and making us into a polyglot nation in which no one speaks the language," says Savage.

Savage hears a lot from people who say that any criticism of Bush is a mark of disloyalty to conservatism.

"I can't stand listening to people who want me to be a lapdog for Bush," he told me. "We're supposed to be watchdogs, not lapdogs."

As for the rest of the radio talkers, "They may as well work for the Republican Party. There's nothing interesting if you can predict what a man's going to say by just going to the GOP Web site."

He's certainly got that right. Listening to an endless rehash of Karl Rove's talking points, leavened by a few Teddy Kennedy- is-a-drunk jokes, is not very entertaining.

As for the Al Franken approach, how can a nation-building, internationalist multiculturalist get any traction by criticizing another nation-building, internationalist multiculturalist? John Kerry had that problem as well, you might have noticed.

When you attack the Bush- Rove spin from the right, however, you realize that the neocons' grand social experiment has been tried most visibly in Iraq and has failed most visibly there. People are starting to notice. Eventually even the Bushbots may get a clue.

http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/mulshine/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/112192270134860.xml&coll=1

One thing this guy must have missed about Savage is that Savage isn't really all that against the war in Iraq. He thinks it is a good idea fighting them there instead of here, but he IS against how we are fighting it. Like he says, if we are going to fight them, then fight them! Take it to them and take it to em hard. He is mostly against the war because he feels we are not being hard enough.

I like Savage and listen to him every night on the way home from work. Unfortunately, it only takes me about 20 minutes top to get home so I don't here him all that much.

When I first started listening to Savage a few years ago...I thought...wtf...what is this guy talking about...is he just pulling my leg or what...but when you listen on a regular basis...well he makes alot of sense and is more in line with my philosophy than I thought!...also his web site pulls no punches...he shows what the enemy is all about rather than a watered down example...I agree hit em hard and continue hitting them until they recant! :blowup:

freeandfun1 said:
One thing this guy must have missed about Savage is that Savage isn't really all that against the war in Iraq. He thinks it is a good idea fighting them there instead of here, but he IS against how we are fighting it. Like he says, if we are going to fight them, then fight them! Take it to them and take it to em hard. He is mostly against the war because he feels we are not being hard enough.

I like Savage and listen to him every night on the way home from work. Unfortunately, it only takes me about 20 minutes top to get home so I don't here him all that much.

You can stream his show here:

http://www.kernradio.com

:D

freeandfun1 said:

is your radio broke at home...if ya need a little help just let me know...I am on a budget...but I will buy ya a replacement...if necessary! :(

archangel said:
is your radio broke at home...if ya need a little help just let me know...I am on a budget...but I will buy ya a replacement...if necessary! :(
Nah, when I get home I usually watch the news while my wife and I work together on dinner.

Thanks Cp!

freeandfun1 said:
Nah, when I get home I usually watch the news while my wife and I work together on dinner.

the wife carries your last name..but wears the pants...No Michael Savage for you...lol

archangel said:
the wife carries your last name..but wears the pants...No Michael Savage for you...lol
WTF? I CHOOSE to help my wife with the dinner. Why shouldn't I? Actually, my wife doesn't carry my last name. She is Korean and by Korean custom, the woman keeps her maiden name. You don't know what in the hell you are talking about.

freeandfun1 said:
WTF? I CHOOSE to help my wife with the dinner. Why shouldn't I? Actually, my wife doesn't carry my last name. She is Korean and by Korean custom, the woman keeps her maiden name. You don't know what in the hell you are talking about.

you would not see humor if it bit ya on the butt...you take yourself way too serious...I am familiar with Korean customs and in the US they usually hi-phan..
the last name same as Mexican Americans...geez...bad day at the office or what?

-Cp said:
"Hush Bimbo" and "Sean Vanity" are the names Savage has pinned on Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity of WABC. In doing so, he has sparked a war between the members of his "Savage Nation" (slogan: "Borders, language, culture") and the so-called "Bushbots," that sizable number of gullible Americans who can be convinced that whatever policy Bush adopts is a conservative policy.

"What makes Bush a conservative?" Savage asked when I got him on the phone the other day. "On the economy, Bush has got more governmental workers than anybody before him. He's ballooned the government."

As regards the so-called "war on terror," Savage points out that you can't win a war when you're afraid even to name the enemy.

Good point, though I might add that naming the enemy should include the Jewish neocons who trigger Islamofascism.

Hannity and Rush are chickenshit fake-cons. Michael "Savage" (real name: Weiner, he's a Jew) gets away with tough talk because he's a Jew. And Jews are insulated from accusations of bigotry.

Forum List

Back