The "Sane and Easy" $4 Trillion Deficit Reduction

We spend almost as much for our military as the rest of the world combined yet we are less safe than other countries that spend...like...five bucks. Maybe we should look into why that happens.
That is because we defend pretty much all of Europe and half the Pacific basin, Israel and other select allies with the threat of our ability to project power. Now if we decided to end our power projection capabilities, and bring our troops home (as I'm more and more inclined to believe we should) and let those nations defend their own asses... we would become both more loved, and the world a much more dangerous place.

Pax Romana, Pax Brittanica, Pax Americana. All have been failures in the long run for each nation, signaling their demise. I wish we'd learn from their mistakes and pull back before it's too late.

I don't mind using our military to defend other nations, but those other nations should damn sure be paying for it not us. Our military could actually be making us money if we do so.

The Pentagon has lost $2.3 trillion and loses 1/4 of its money every year. HUD has lost $1.1 trillion. May we assume that other departments experience similar loses? Who is getting this money?

Why isn't anyone looking into this?

Forum List

Back