The "Sane and Easy" $4 Trillion Deficit Reduction

The problem is conservative dogma won’t allow most on the right to support ‘cuts’ to defense and a ‘tax increase’ on the wealthy,

You mean conservatism doesn't support the liberal agenda? No duh?

the only sensible way to address the deficit.

If history has shown anything, it's that cutting the military and raising taxes will not lower the deficit. That method has been tried for 50 years. It hasn't worked so far.

In addition, such an approach would remove political cover for the GOP with regard to cutting hated programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. Their desire to cut these programs has nothing to do with deficit reduction.

Anyone who thinks Medicare and Medicaid don't need to be reformed is a delusional moron.

Unfortunately the greatest obstacle to an effective deficit reduction program – and sound fiscal policy in general – is the House.[/QUOTE]

If history has shown anything, it's that cutting the military and raising taxes will not lower the deficit. That method has been tried for 50 years. It hasn't worked so far.

You are so far breached from reality that it is truly disturbing.

ROFL! That is reality. We have been cutting the military ever since the Eisenhower Administration. We have also passed numerous tax increases supposedly eliminate the deficit. After the were passed, the deficit increased.

I know that doesn't conform with your Orwellian conception of history, but anyone who can read a newspaper knows it's true.

You are so far breached from reality that it is truly disturbing.

ROFL! That is reality. We have been cutting the military ever since the Eisenhower Administration.

lol...that is why Obama has proposed the largest military budget since WWII and still feeds Blackwater and Haliburton (i.e. the war profiteers).

You are so far removed from reality. It is disturbing.

Plus, tax rates are at an historical low point in American society.

lol...that is why Obama has proposed the largest military budget since WWII and still feeds Blackwater and Haliburton (i.e. the war profiteers).

It may be the largest in nominal terms, but in inflation adjusted dollars it's close to one of the smallest.

Here's the chart, dipstick:

actual-military-spending.jpg

It may be the largest in nominal terms, but in inflation adjusted dollars it's close to one of the smallest.

Thanks for posting that. As you see, in beginning of 2001, that more war and less taxes is detrimental to our economy.

However, fucking windbags want to tell me that more war and less taxes is good for our economy.

Truly disturbing.

Thanks for posting that. As you see, in beginning of 2001, that more war and less taxes is detrimental to our economy.

However, fucking windbags want to tell me that more war and less taxes is good for our economy.

Truly disturbing.

I'm not one of those right wingers who claims military spending is beneficial to our economy. However, national defense is a necessity. Those who want to gut our national defense are supporting national suicide.

ON the other hand, taxes never benefited anyone other than the parasites who depend on them. Recession and depression have been the inevitable results of tax increases.

I'm not one of those right wingers who claims military spending is beneficial to our economy. However, national defense is a necessity. Those who want to gut our national defense are supporting national suicide.

lmao...we match global expenditures on military spending, yet you think cutting back on this and resorting to trade and diplomacy is suicidal.

You fucktards are so fucked up.

ON the other hand, taxes never benefited anyone other than the parasites who depend on them. Recession and depression have been the inevitable results of tax increases.

I don't believe in taxation, but I am anarchist. However, I need to learn in society. I think taxing consumption is better than taxing savings and investment. Unfortunately, RW kooks disagree with me.

It is ironic and disturbing.

How did I know before I even read it that the solution would consist of tax increases and cuts in the military?

Republicans insist we increase the military to "keep us safe". If you are living out of a piano crate and dining from a dumpster, how safe are you? If you create a destitute middle class, how safe are you?

Republicans, with this "every man for himself" philosophy are actually making the country "less safe" because they are destabilizing America with their "greed".

I think Contards are right, we need more war and less taxation.

Fucking idiots.
Achieve conscious thought lately?

Da fuck kind of stupid analysis is that? Who's in an undeclared war in Libya? Who's giving tax waivers to every single company and union for Obamacare?

Wipe your fingers, you're getting hypocrisy on the keyboard.

Fucking idiots.

Da fuck kind of stupid analysis is that? Who's in an undeclared war in Libya? Who's giving tax waivers to every single company and union for Obamacare?

More wars and bombing brown babies is good for us.

i love how some liberal morons don't think that the top 1% of this earners in this country paying 37% of the income tax in this country while earning 19% of the income isn't them paying their fare share. All the while ignoring the FACT that 40% of Americans pay NO income taxes at all.

Fucking idiots.

I see. Spoken like a true leftist fucktard.

IOW, you can't recognize our problem. You think that more war and more spending is a good thing.

How fucked up are you?

Last edited:

IOW, you can't recognize our problem. You think that more war and more spending is a good thing.

How fucked up are you?
Please show where I said such an inanity. I am not the one who believes such insipid fantasies.

I am mocking the shit out of your notions conservatives believe such racist stupidity.

Last edited:
We spend almost as much for our military as the rest of the world combined yet we are less safe than other countries that spend...like...five bucks. Maybe we should look into why that happens.

We spend almost as much for our military as the rest of the world combined yet we are less safe than other countries that spend...like...five bucks. Maybe we should look into why that happens.

Not entirely correct. We are in no danger of being taken over militarily. Many other countries can't say that , obviously. Also true, that most of our military spending is spent on power projection not homeland defense so we could easily cut our spending in half and be just as safe.

That is because we defend pretty much all of Europe and half the Pacific basin, Israel and other select allies with the threat of our ability to project power. Now if we decided to end our power projection capabilities, and bring our troops home (as I'm more and more inclined to believe we should) and let those nations defend their own asses... we would become both more loved, and the world a much more dangerous place.

Pax Romana, Pax Brittanica, Pax Americana. All have been failures in the long run for each nation, signaling their demise. I wish we'd learn from their mistakes and pull back before it's too late.

Forum List

Back