The Sanders/Warren Administration

Just one possibility. Sen warren shares Bernie's disgust w/ the "too big to fail" influence of wall st on capitol hill

Hillary Clinton’s political machine has been busted — thanks to Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren
Just one possibility. Sen warren shares Bernie's disgust w/ the "too big to fail" influence of wall st on capitol hill

Hillary Clinton’s political machine has been busted — thanks to Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren

In 2016, anything is possible. Not likely, but certainly possible.

She voted NO on auditing the FED. "it will politicize the FED monetary decisions" LMAO
She is full of shit. Just like Cruz.

"the fed already gets audited"
Yea, by the board of governers that gets appointed by the fuckin President. One would think she would know that after all her fuckin rhetoric.

beating the same old drum from the margins is the EASY part...

hillary clinton is the one who understands how things work and how to get things done! :thup:

Big banks are the bogeymen of the 2016 presidential campaign, even though the grinding recession they helped cause began nearly a decade ago and they’ve since paid more to the government in fines and interest than they got from taxpayers through the unpopular bailouts of 2008.

There’s no statute of limitations on outrage, however, which is why Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has been able to build a whole campaign around a plan to break up the banks. Republican contender Ted Cruz says he wouldn’t save a big bank even if it were about to collapse. And the biggest liability faced by Democrat Hillary Clinton may be her coziness with Wall Street, manifest in copious campaign donations from financial firms, not to mention several million dollars in fees she earned for speeches given to bank employees.

Sanders wants to separate banks’ traditional activities—taking deposits and issuing loans—from riskier activities in securities and capital markets, so that a bank could do one or the other, but not both. He may get his wish—without ever having to sign or back a bill. “Bernie doesn’t have to worry, because it’s going to happen by itself,” says Roy Smith, a former Goldman Sachs (GS) partner who’s now a professor at New York University’s Stern School of Business. “In many ways, their long-term viability is in doubt, which will most likely cause them to break themselves up.”

The big banks will break themselves up before Bernie Sanders ever gets to it

hillary didn't create the political game or the citizens united playing field she is forced to compete on.

simpletons and hillary haters are only fooling themselves with this silly rhetoric aka 'the artful smear'.

70.gif

December 5, 2007

Now we know that not far from here Wall Street is humming. The phones are ringing, the blackberries are buzzing. And people are making billions of transactions that raise capital for corporations and deliver value to shareholders every day.

And what happens on Wall Street today - like every day - will ripple across the country and the world. I'm proud to represent New York, to represent the financial capital of the world. I see a lot of people who I recognize in this audience that are integral to what happens in our markets, how we create wealth, how we provide a dynamic economy that will hold out the promise of a better life for so many of our fellow citizens, but indeed for people far flung from here. I do want to recognize Speaker Silver, Shelly Silver, thank you very much for being here with me.

And we in New York, probably more than anyone anywhere, know how critically important is it for our economy and for the global economy, that Wall Street stay on the cutting edge of finance and remain what it always has been, the global finance capital of the world. But we know that the standard for any economic system is not just that it creates growth, but that it lifts up families across America who work hard and dream big every day.

In short, we've seen too many middle class families struggling in an economy that is simply not working for them right now. An economy that, in recent months, has been the subject of increasingly worrisome headlines about weakening consumer confidence, about a declining dollar and ballooning national debt.

Now these economic problems are certainly not all Wall Street's fault - not by a long shot. But the reality of our interconnected economy is that what happens on Wall Street impacts main streets across America. It happens sometimes within minutes, sometimes over the course of months or even years.

If we're honest, we need to acknowledge that Wall Street has played a significant role in the current problems, and in particular in the housing crisis. A "see no evil" policy that financed irresponsible mortgage lending. A bond rating system riddled with conflicts of interest. A habit of issuing complex and opaque securities that even Wall Street itself doesn't seem to understand.

I believe we need a new beginning in our economic policy - one that strengthens our middle class and ensures that prosperity is widely shared, and is based on an ethic of shared responsibility. A new beginning that makes Wall Street shoulder its responsibility for this crisis, and that gives homeowners the breathing room they need. One that makes the most well-off among us pay our fair share and gives the middle class the help it needs for education, health care, and retirement security.

Our economy has been at risk by investment schemes aimed at making not just a few, but many extra dollars, and we need to start insisting on the right rules and transparency so this doesn't happen again.

So I'm here today to call on Wall Street to do its part - to help end the foreclosure crisis that is devastating middle class families and threatening the health of our economy.

Wall Street needs to be part of a comprehensive solution that brings to the table all those responsible and calls on them to do their part. Wall Street helped create the foreclosure crisis, and Wall Street needs to help us solve it.

Let's start with an honest, clear-eyed assessment of what went so terribly wrong.

Hillary Clinton: Remarks on Wall Street on Housing Crisis

Poor Valerie. Naïve asswipe.
She supported GLBA AFTER the fact. Hell, she STILL disregards Glass Steagall. "it doesn't do enough" yea, that's why 10 years after your husband got rid of it, we got "too big too fail"
She is only fooling people like you. You know.. sheep.

I researched this H.A. Goodman fellow. He's pretty sketchy.

The way he portrays this imperialist fuck Bernie is disingenuous.

He takes the ONE and only anti-war vote Sanders made in his entire career, and makes him out to be an anti-imperialist.

What a BIG FAT LIE.

Bernie is as big a war monger as Obama ever was.

albright has made that statement many times before...

the sentiment expressed in that manner does not necessarily belong to me, or to hillary.

it's true older women have more perspective in hearing it, but it's understandable why many women cringed.

it's really just the harshness of the tone in delivery in that context.

women in new hampshire who supported fiorina are also women supporting women fyi

i like elizabeth warren though i joke about her hypocrisy.

idealistic voters should know and consider her contradictions as well as her executive inexperience.

i noticed you ignore that and choose to attack the messenger instead.

Jesus Christ himself said there's a special place in hell for those who do not support their brother.

Forum List

Back