The San FranFreakShow Mindset

In which case she'd have been supporting a law so difficult to comply with, that literally everyone would be outside of it.

Personally, I'm an anti-cell phone while driving type. Hurling down the road in a 1 ton missile requires complete attention. Yapping on a phone distracts from that.

I'm guilty of using a cell phone while I drive. If it gets banned, I would understand why.

My problem with Carole Migden is not her vote, but her hypocrisy.

Wiggles did bring up a good point. But I think using your hands to open, taking your eyes off the road to check the call, then turn on the phone, it kind of makes the law itself a joke.

I'm just interested now in who IS going to pay the insurance bill.

Tried to call her office just now... Got an answering machine.

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask them exactly what type of set-up she was using.

My God - don't do that, man! Maybe they forward her office calls to her cell phone!

kinda like the hollyweird left taking private planes (in flight movie "an inconvenient truth")

liberals have brain problems. they cant be trusted.

There's some news value in this, not a lot but some. The hypocrisy angle is good, that will always get a run. Some years ago one of our state members of parliament had a dui prang and did a runner from the cops, that was good for a few weeks. He was a severe alcoholic and a few years later died from alcoholism-related diseases. The question is why didn't anyone counsel him when the whole parliament knew he had a really bad alcohol problem? This one, well this woman was an idiot. As far as the sad attempts to generalise one person's stupidity to a range of people who may share her political views, well, that's simply childish. Come on, you can do better than that.

She didn't vote to ban talking on a cell while driving.
She voted for a $20 fine for talking on a cell while driving without using an earbud or hands-free device.
There's no word in any article on this I've seen so far that she wasn't using an earbud or hands-free device.

Perhaps you would care to read this thread more carefully?

Okay you know what? I'm watching the news and they're interviewing witnesses and it appears Migden is a really horrible driver.

Forum List

Back