The Sage of Omaha is right :-)

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Capital gains rates should go back up towards where they were under Reagan (R). Don't most all conservatives say we lived in an economic wonderland back then?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/stop-coddling-the-super-rich.html
Warren Buffet's August, 14th article.
But for those making more than $1 million — there were 236,883 such households in 2009 — I would raise rates immediately on taxable income in excess of $1 million, including, of course, dividends and capital gains. And for those who make $10 million or more — there were 8,274 in 2009 — I would suggest an additional increase in rate.

My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress. It’s time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice.
Fact check: Would Obama’s tax rates be less than Reagan’s? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Deese also cites Obama's proposed capital gains rate of 20 percent for families earning over $250,000. That would be lower than the 28 percent capital gains rate Reagan signed into law in 1986.

bagley.jpg

Last edited:
Personal capital gains should be taxed just like wages or any other taxable income.

We need a pure flat rate personal income tax on all income with no deductions.

Last edited:
Capital gains rates should go back up towards where they were under Reagan (R). Don't most all conservatives say we lived in an economic wonderland back then?

But for those making more than $1 million — there were 236,883 such households in 2009 — I would raise rates immediately on taxable income in excess of $1 million, including, of course, dividends and capital gains. And for those who make $10 million or more — there were 8,274 in 2009 — I would suggest an additional increase in rate.

My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress. It’s time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice.
Fact check: Would Obama’s tax rates be less than Reagan’s? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Deese also cites Obama's proposed capital gains rate of 20 percent for families earning over $250,000. That would be lower than the 28 percent capital gains rate Reagan signed into law in 1986.

bagley.jpg

I love it when one of the worlds three riches citizens wants to raise taxes on the rest of the US, what a joke...

The problem with this bull shit is it wants to claim "X" but it clearly taxes "Z"...

$250K is far from rich in todays world, wake up dipshit...

I love it when one of the worlds three riches citizens wants to raise taxes on the rest of the US, what a joke...

The problem with this bull shit is it wants to claim "X" but it clearly taxes "Z"...

The rate is lower than Rayguns :eusa_eh: :clap2:

He's got all his assets in a tax free trust and tried to buy $3B of tax credits at a discount. Who the fuck would take him seriously on taxes?

bagley.jpg

Reading comprehension dipshit...........

He wants to raise it on billionaires. Last I checked, that wasn't the "rest of the US".

If you doubled the taxes on billionaires you'd pay Obama deficit for maybe a month

why tax capital at all when capital is the lifeblood needed to grow an economy. If you tax venture capital you have less capital and fewer new ventures like Google and Intel.

Letting government tax away venture capital is purely idiotic and liberal. Venture capitalists say the more capital they have the more "shots on goal" they can take.

Is this really over a liberals head?

Imagine being so disoriented and confused you are more worried about getting money to liberal bureaucrats than venture capitalists?
This is the cancer of liberalism.

so let me see, this week the WEALTHY are cool because what they say, supposedly makes the Obama right?

I can't keep it straight

Last edited:

Reading comprehension dipshit...........

He wants to raise it on billionaires. Last I checked, that wasn't the "rest of the US".

Fox News neglected to tell them about that. :lol:

Who gives a shit what Buffet THINKS. He thinks he's being "coddled" too much. Let him DONATE all his MILLIONS to the Damn Federal Government.

Just who the hell does this guy think he is?? And how funny you lefties who hate the RICH don't mind that Buffet is meeting with Obama to give HIM POINTERS.

If Obama ever had a ORGINIAL IDEA of his own, I think I would faint.

why tax capital at all when capital is the lifeblood needed to grow an economy. If you tax venture capital you have less capital and fewer new ventures like Google and Intel.

Letting government tax away venture capital is purely idiotic and liberal. Venture capitalists say the more capital they have the more "shots on goal" they can take.

Is this really over a liberals head?

They don't care. Their economic model is based entirely on envy, jealousy, and greed.

The Sage of Omaha is the Tax Avoider of Omaha, and a Big Fat Hypocrite.

To wit, he wrote of the so-called “super-rich,” which he apparently defines as households earning $1 million or more a year: “Most wouldn’t mind being told to pay more in taxes as well, particularly when so many of their fellow citizens are truly suffering.” Isn’t that nice of Mr. Buffett?

But if he were truly sincere, perhaps he might simply try paying the taxes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) says his company owes? According to Berkshire Hathaway’s own annual report — see Note 15 on pp. 54-56 — the company has been in a years-long dispute over its federal tax bills.

According to the report, “We anticipate that we will resolve all adjustments proposed by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (‘IRS’) for the 2002 through 2004 tax years at the IRS Appeals Division within the next 12 months. The IRS has completed its examination of our consolidated U.S. federal income tax returns for the 2005 and 2006 tax years and the proposed adjustments are currently being reviewed by the IRS Appeals Division process. The IRS is currently auditing our consolidated U.S. federal income tax returns for the 2007 through 2009 tax years.”

(snip)

McCarty explained, “The rough translation of the report is that Berkshire Hathaway did not pay all the federal taxes that it was required to for 2002 through 2004. The IRS examination team caught Berkshire Hathaway on at least some issues. Instead of paying up, Berkshire Hathaway is threatening the IRS with protracted litigation and is in the process of cutting a deal with the IRS Appeals office.”

He continued, “For 2005 and 2006, Berkshire Hathaway again did not pay all the federal taxes that it was required to. Again, the IRS examination team caught Berkshire Hathaway on at least some issues. Now, Berkshire Hathaway is again threatening the IRS with protracted litigation and is trying to cut a deal with the IRS Appeals office.”

McCarty concluded, “And, finally, the IRS has opened another examination of Berkshire Hathaway’s tax returns for 2007 through 2009, but has not officially sent Berkshire Hathaway the bill yet for taxes that Berkshire Hathaway failed to pay for those years. One would expect they will find yet more issues.”

Now, most Americans, when they receive a tax bill from the government, they pay it. They don’t get an attorney. They don’t appeal the bill. They pay it — on time and in full. But not Buffett’s company, which apparently takes years to settle its liabilities.

http://netrightdaily.com/2011/08/warren-buffett’s-taxing-hypocrisy/

You know those commericials in which former IRS officials claim they can negotiate deals for which delinquent taxpayers settle with the IRS for pennies on the dollar? Apparently, this is Buffet's standard MO regarding taxes.

TaxProf Blog: Warren Buffett

"Warren Buffett] wrote of the so-called “super-rich,” which he apparently defines as households earning $1 million or more a year: “Most wouldn’t mind being told to pay more in taxes as well, particularly when so many of their fellow citizens are truly suffering.” Isn’t that nice of Mr. Buffett?
But if he were truly sincere, perhaps he might simply try paying the taxes the IRS says his company owes? According to Berkshire Hathaway’s own annual report — see Note 15 on pp. 54-56 — the company has been in a years-long dispute over its federal tax bills."

:eusa_whistle:

Who gives a shit what Buffet THINKS. He thinks he's being "coddled" too much. Let him DONATE all his MILLIONS to the Damn Federal Government.

Just who the hell does this guy think he is?? And how funny you lefties who hate the RICH don't mind that Buffet is meeting with Obama to give HIM POINTERS.

If Obama ever had a ORGINIAL IDEA of his own, I think I would faint.

Reagan had to raise the rate to 28% because he was running a budget deficit. :redface: Oopsie.

Last edited:
Personal capital gains should be taxed just like wages or any other taxable income.

1) the problem is that the higher the personal tax the less capital there is left for investment capital. For example, Boeing needed investment capital to employ people to make the Dreamliner

2) the more you tax capital the less of it there is for more capital investment. For example, if you tax venture capital then venture capitalists have less capital to help found the Googles and Apples of this world!!

Got it?? The objective is to feed Republican capitalists, not liberal goof bureaucrats who could not invent a paper bag!

good points but the fact remains that many pay less as a % of income. I thought things were great under Reagan's 28% rate anyway.

good points but the fact remains that many pay less as a % of income.

IRS says rich pay 23% will middle class pay 12%. Top 1% pay 40 % of all federal taxes!

I thought things were great under Reagan's 28% rate anyway.

did you know that back then Nissan Motors had just established a presence in the American auto market? China was still liberal so about 2 million were slowly starving to death each year.
Do you agree now that a liberal will have a low IQ? What other conclusion is possible?

1) the problem is that the higher the personal tax the less capital there is left for investment capital. For example, Boeing needed investment capital to employ people to make the Dreamliner

2) the more you tax capital the less of it there is for more capital investment. For example, if you tax venture capital then venture capitalists have less capital to help found the Googles and Apples of this world!!

Got it?? The objective is to feed Republican capitalists, not liberal goof bureaucrats who could not invent a paper bag!

Yeah........and the Dreamliner was 3 years late......:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back