The sad truth about the Obama Presidency

Yes Republicans...

It was not your ill concieved policies that threw the country into massive recession

It was stupid voters

Acceptance is the first part to fixing the problem. I'm glad you recognized that you need some help:)

Here we go with more fucking lies and denial of fact.

A republic is a represenative democracy.

A republic is a type of democracy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/democracy

Main Entry: de·moc·ra·cy
Pronunciation: \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural de·moc·ra·cies
Etymology: Middle French democratie, from Late Latin democratia, from Greek dēmokratia, from dēmos + -kratia -cracy
Date: 1576
1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation b : usually involving periodically held free elections
2 : a political unit that has a democratic government

Last edited:
You are a LIAR , no one who uses the fucking R bullshit of calling the democratic party the democrat party would ever cross the line to vote for a democrat.

Not everyone is like you. Not everyone is blindly loyal to a party.

Why would I believe anything you say when you lie every day.

Many of ask that about you routinely. But then no one ever said you had to believe anything someone on a message board says. You can disbelieve him, me, or anyone else as you wish.

Of course, if you want to have honest discussion, if the truth really matters, then the logical approach would be that someone is telling you the truth unless there is some reason to believe otherwise.

i could respect your opinion. its not stated like the OP, which judges americans as fools for thinking that changing bush's foreign and economic policy was a good idea.

on the same note, however, obama's policies, even the extent he's pursued them, are considerably better than anything that i could expect from mccain.

that said...had we supported the palin appointment with our vote, my thinking would be bent toward the OP's quote on the basis that we were satisfied with such an inferior intellect in as high an office, and willing to subject ourselves to policies which have so recently demonstrated their failure.

First, which of Bush's foreign and economic policies have been changed? If anything, the current administration has taken bad policies and compounded them.

Bush is spending us into oblivion. So let's spend 3 times as much.

Taxes are too high, so lets raise them even more.

We are fighting unjust wars in Iraq and Aghanistan. So we need to fight them in the same exact manner.

Terrorists have a right to a fair trial, unless it's inconvenient for us.

Bush needs to stop telling women what they can and cant do with their bodies, so lets pass health care and start telling everyone what they can and cant do with their bodies.

Seriously, no one has ever argued that Bush was perfect. But it's insane to think the current administration is making things better.

You are a LIAR , no one who uses the fucking R bullshit of calling the democratic party the democrat party would ever cross the line to vote for a democrat.

Why would I believe anything you say when you lie every day.

When you swallow crap, you ain't going to dump gold bricks. Stop scooping out turds from Obama's toilet.

You gonna claim you voted for Obama too?

No, I saw through the crap from early in his campaign. I was prepared to cross the aisle for Hillary. When that failed I voted Barr.

Well Cuyo.

If you support this HC bill. Your not to bright in my book and I'm an Indi.

Not to sound "elitist" or whatever term they're using these days to demonize education, but I'm actually exceedingly bright.

To state that anyone who supports the reform is not bright is ignorant and counter-productive. Do you think Barack is not bright? Say what you will about his politics, but I guarantee he's smarter than anyone on this board, you and myself included.

Are you on a 1st name basis with the President? Most americans support HC reform, that's nothing more than a liberal talking point. The truth is that this "reform" is going to further cripple this country with the deficit and the end result will be nothing like liberals think.....Healthcare will not be "free", taxes WILL go up and healthcare service will go down. Those are not talking points, they are logical facts. Name 1 govt entitlement program that has cost less than originally stated. Medicare was about 10 times the original cost from 1965 to 1990; was estimated at 9 billion by 1990 and was actually 67 billion.
Just like Obama's presidency people are finding out that they do still have to pay their mortgage and he can't control gas prices or pretty much anything the dumbmasses stated would "change".
The main point that was never answered by the dems was how is it going to be paid for?

i could respect your opinion. its not stated like the OP, which judges americans as fools for thinking that changing bush's foreign and economic policy was a good idea.

on the same note, however, obama's policies, even the extent he's pursued them, are considerably better than anything that i could expect from mccain.

that said...had we supported the palin appointment with our vote, my thinking would be bent toward the OP's quote on the basis that we were satisfied with such an inferior intellect in as high an office, and willing to subject ourselves to policies which have so recently demonstrated their failure.

First, which of Bush's foreign and economic policies have been changed? If anything, the current administration has taken bad policies and compounded them.

the current drawdown in iraq has changed from bush's policy of inane occupation. priority has shifted to afghanistan, and is producing results that were scarce in bush's marginalization of the theater.

the gitmo policy involving importing terrorists to the western hemisphere has been abandoned as an ill-conceived stunt. would-be residents are killed or put in bagram per consultation by legal, military and intelligence, rather than political analysts.

from my vantage, this is turning bad policy around.

Bush is spending us into oblivion. So let's spend 3 times as much.

Taxes are too high, so lets raise them even more.

some people think that tax rates after bush's 03 cuts were too high:doubt: deficits proceeding that indicate that wasnt the case.

you think now is the right time to slash government spending, avatar?

Seriously, no one has ever argued that Bush was perfect. But it's insane to think the current administration is making things better.

things arent better than 2005. we werent in a recession then. there are appreciable differences in the timing and execution of this econ policy compared to the last. personally, i subscribe to the current ideas, rather than those which recently failed at mine and fellow american's expense.

looking at 2001-2003, do you really think these administrations are that similar?

Don't know where this quote came from but IMO it sums things up pretty well:

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The public can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

It came from some fool that thinks GWB was the best prez we ever had.

Forum List

Back