The Sad, Bitter Truth About Tea Baggers...

Please, enlighten me with your infinite wisdom, lightweight tea bagger fuck. Wall Street does whatever the fuck they want to do, which is how we got into this recession in the first place. Be prepared to have another new asshole once this debate is over...

Article 1, Section 8, bee-eetch...Part II. :lol:

Are you really claiming that the market is completely unrestrained by government regulation? :cuckoo:

NOTE for USMB:

Please understand that all Air Force reservists aren't as stupid as KWO. I don't know how he slipped through the cracks.

Yeah well they said Benedict Arnold served in the military with distinction as well. ;)
:lol: Amusing, but I don't consider KWO a traitor. Just an idiot.

Are you really claiming that the market is completely unrestrained by government regulation?

So is this what you're advocating, dumb fuck?? That we have totally unrestrained markets? The derivatives market was completely unregulated back in September 2008 and we saw what fucking happened.

Well, smart people like me understand what happened. Dirt stupid, unread, unsophisticated, know-nothing assfucks like you didn't learn any lessons from that. Just like you haven't learned a thing after 8 years of Bush and Repug policies fucking wrecked this country. You're so fucking stupid that you actually want to go back to that.

USC the entire article has the smell of being a fabrication.
We don't know for certain either of these seniors were government employees. And if the male was an "assessor" rather than an "appraiser" (which he said he was), then he would've been a countr\y employee where assessors are a regular part of goverment.

In any event, the money they paid into SS or Medicare was theirs, and was withheld from their pay checks. and was no less theirs because HE may have been a government employee at some level.

As I stated to that idiot mudwhistle before, you can't claim to be "anti-government" and work for the government at the same time, like that stupid old man in the article did.

Well, in your fucked-up tea bagger fantasy world, I guess you can make that claim. I mean, let's face it -- you stupid mother fuckers have never let facts get in the way of your idiotic beliefs before.

Let’s Recap: On being approached by this "reporter," apparently upon being asked, David says " - I'm anti-spending and anti-government," crows David, as scooter-bound Janice looks on. "The welfare state is out of control."

"OK," I say. "And what do you do for a living?"

"Me?" he says proudly. "Oh, I'm a property appraiser . Have been my whole life."

I frown. "Are either of you on Medicare?"

Silence: Then Janice, a nice enough woman, it seems, slowly raises her hand, offering a faint smile, as if to say, You got me! [the reporter’s impression, not necessarily what Janice intended to convey]

"Let me get this straight," I say to David. "You've been picking up a check from the government for decades, as a tax assessor, and your wife is on Medicare. How can you complain about the welfare state?"

David - "Well," he says, "there's a lot of people on welfare who don't deserve it. Too many people are living off the government."
<SNIP>
"Reporter" - I've concluded that the whole miserable narrative boils down to one stark fact: They're full of shit. All of them.
<SNIP>
"Reporter" - The average Tea Partier is sincerely against government spending — with the exception of the money spent on them. - ”

In the above narrative, the interviewer approaches two seniors, apparently a husband and wife, and the wife is in a “scooter.” He can tell by their appearance that both he and she are likely on Medicare, something they have paid for since its inception in 1965.

Paying into Medicare is a contract, the same as it would be if paid to an insurance company for disability insurance. If the Medicare premiums were kept too low to realistically pay out for benefits, the fault lies with the politicians, not those who were not taxed sufficiently. By creating such a program, and taking the premiums in the form of a tax, the government pre-empted any incentive for folks to look to a different or separate medical/disability plan after retirement. There is supposedly none better than Medicare. As a result retired folks or disabled folks who paid in are entitled to expect the government meet its obligation to pay the claims of those enrolled. They should not be belittled or lose rights of free expression of opinion because they complied with the law.

It was clear to me these two seniors, were not complaining about the Medicare program as it provides for people who’ve their whole lives paid into the program. Instead, they are aware of people who may never have paid in, or paid in only nominally and draw benefits which drive the costs of the program up forcing it towards bankruptcy. The politicians had an obligation to make necessary changes to make it actuarially responsive. The same thing applies to Social Security and its beneficiaries. They paid in, they are entitled to the promised benefits.

The old man David, in response to the question says he has always been a “property appraiser”

He did not say “property assessor.” They are entirely different things. Appraisers work in the private sector to provide value estimates of property for purposes of acquiring bank loans, or for valuing property for sale on the private market. They do not work for the government, but their services are required by the government for securing government approved (HUD) loans. The interviewer from “Rolling Stone” reports that he said to David - "You've been picking up a check from the government for decades, as a tax assessor … ”

Notice that he has changed the words of David, using the term “tax assessor” instead of what David clearly said he was, which was a “property appraiser.”

At this point the reporter has departed from any claim of accuracy, and his statement becomes ambiguous, and spurious. David surely knows the difference between the two occupations, because assessors, who do work entirely for government agencies, and the actual "assessor" is an elected official, and does very little that compares with what appraisers do.

It is clear to anyone not reading impaired that he is not reporting accurately what he said to David. He is not accurately reporting what was actually said between him and the two seniors,because they would not have accepted his alteration of their responses.

This is a farce, and the author is not reporting accurately what took place, but instead he is embellishing the event to please turds like you, Kerry, to give you talking points; subjects for posts on message boards like this one where you can spread your hatred of anyone who departs from your distorted liberal story line.

" - I mean, let's face it -- you stupid mother fuckers have never let facts get in the way of your idiotic beliefs before." -

Blah, blah, blah, blah....Of course, you have EVIDENCE, besides your fucked-up tea bagger intuiton and inclinations, that Taibbi is not accurately reporting what these 2 senior dipshits said to him?? I didn't think so, so shove it up your ass.

And, of course, like the intellectually dishonest piece of shit tea bagger that you are, you conveniently ignore the fact that most, if not all, of these tea bagger whack jobs running for Congress want to eliminate Medicare and Social Security, not to mention the Depts of Energy, Education, and the EPA. Fucking idiot extremists like Sharon Angle don't care if hard-working citizens have been paying into Medicare or Social Security their whole lives --they still want to end these programs, period.

Therefore, all that blather that you wrote about "paying into the program their whole lives" is totally fucking meaningless to all of the idiot fucking tea baggers like Sharon Angle whom you support. I guess you're too fucking stupid to understand that.

Forum List

Back