The Sad, Bitter Truth About Tea Baggers...

Aug 7, 2009
Matt Taibi captures the truth about these hypocritical idiots beautifully in the latest issue of Rolling Stone --

After Palin wraps up, I race to the parking lot in search of departing Medicare-motor-scooter conservatives. I come upon an elderly couple, Janice and David Wheelock, who are fairly itching to share their views.

"I'm anti-spending and anti-government," crows David, as scooter-bound Janice looks on. "The welfare state is out of control."

"OK," I say. "And what do you do for a living?"

"Me?" he says proudly. "Oh, I'm a property appraiser. Have been my whole life."

I frown. "Are either of you on Medicare?"

Silence: Then Janice, a nice enough woman, it seems, slowly raises her hand, offering a faint smile, as if to say, You got me!

"Let me get this straight," I say to David. "You've been picking up a check from the government for decades, as a tax assessor, and your wife is on Medicare. How can you complain about the welfare state?"

"Well," he says, "there's a lot of people on welfare who don't deserve it. Too many people are living off the government."

"But," I protest, "you live off the government. And have been your whole life!"

"Yeah," he says, "but I don't make very much."

Link -- Tea & Crackers | Rolling Stone Politics

whoopdedoo.gif

The "sad, bitter truth" for the author is that the Tea Party is the most important force in this election, and they will dictate the direction of the country for at least the next two years.

Write all the "God, I hate these bastards!" articles you want, Nero. Rome is still burning.

One more leftist idiot who thinks earning a paycheck from the government is "welfare".

Yawn.

Maybe I should start a thread about the sad, bitter truth about people who believe Kerry won Ohio...

You only need check his rep to see what members here think of KWO. :lol::lol: Funny shit, the source is Rolling Stone. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q]YouTube - Cover Of The Rolling Stone-Dr.Hook[/ame]

One more leftist idiot who thinks earning a paycheck from the government is "welfare".

Yawn.

Maybe I should start a thread about the sad, bitter truth about people who believe Kerry won Ohio...

You only need check his rep to see what members here think of KWO. :lol::lol: Funny shit, the source is Rolling Stone. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q]YouTube - Cover Of The Rolling Stone-Dr.Hook[/ame]

What is it with the left relying on the entertainment industry for their political views? :lol:

Yawn.

What is it with the left relying on the entertainment industry for their political views? :lol:

Precisely. On the day that I form a political opinion based on a music mag, the left wingers have my permission to shoot me. That's assuming any of them actually know how to use a gun. :lol:

Welfare is the smallest part of the problem we have with government overspending, folks.

But hey!

Welfare is something that even really stupid people can understand, so naturally that is what the GOP focuses their limited attention spans on.

Matt Taibi captures the truth about these hypocritical idiots beautifully in the latest issue of Rolling Stone --

After Palin wraps up, I race to the parking lot in search of departing Medicare-motor-scooter conservatives. I come upon an elderly couple, Janice and David Wheelock, who are fairly itching to share their views.

"I'm anti-spending and anti-government," crows David, as scooter-bound Janice looks on. "The welfare state is out of control."

Silence: Then Janice, a nice enough woman, it seems, slowly raises her hand, offering a faint smile, as if to say, You got me!

"Let me get this straight," I say to David. "You've been picking up a check from the government for decades, as a tax assessor, and your wife is on Medicare. How can you complain about the welfare state?"

"Well," he says, "there's a lot of people on welfare who don't deserve it. Too many people are living off the government."

Yawn.

See you in November

The rolling stones rag doesn't know jack squat about politics.

Let me pick this tripe apart.

The 1st people he spoke to were in scooters and they wanted to talk to RS. That's BS all by itself.

So the rest is made up also.

He WORKED for the government so it's not welfare.

Mediacare is PAID FOR, it comes out of your PAY CHECK. Medicaid is welfare.

It's time to grow up and put the big boy pants on.

Yawn.

Yeah I will be the guy was for smaller government as well?
Like doing away with his government job?

Stupid people cannot see themselves just others.

Welfare is the smallest part of the problem we have with government overspending, folks.

But hey!

Welfare is something that even really stupid people can understand, so naturally that is what the GOP focuses their limited attention spans on.
A fair piece of the "jobs" in the federal bureaucracy and federal policies are basically welfare programs.

What would hundreds-cum-thousands of DEA/BATF agents do without the "war" on (some) drugs?

What would hundreds-cum-thousands if IRS bureaucrats do without the incomprehensible IRC?

I'm sure you can come up with plenty of other examples.

But hey!

A fair piece of the "jobs" in the federal bureaucracy and federal policies are basically welfare programs.

What would hundreds-cum-thousands of DEA/BATF agents do without the "war" on (some) drugs?

What would hundreds-cum-thousands if IRS bureaucrats do without the incomprehensible IRC?

Most government jobs (excluding militiary, public safety, and court related) are just transfer payments from the productive sector to the unproductive sector.

What does this say about the writer? How do you define Bigot?

Yawn.

Yeah I will be the guy was for smaller government as well?
Like doing away with his government job?
Hey, he's a tax collector. YOU gave him that job. :lol:
Stupid people cannot see themselves just others.
How do you shave? :confused:

The individuals in the Tea Party may come from very different walks of life, but most of them have a few things in common. After nearly a year of talking with Tea Party members from Nevada to New Jersey, I can count on one hand the key elements I expect to hear in nearly every interview. One: Every single one of them was that exceptional Republican who did protest the spending in the Bush years, and not one of them is the hypocrite who only took to the streets when a black Democratic president launched an emergency stimulus program. ("Not me — I was protesting!" is a common exclamation.) Two: Each and every one of them is the only person in America who has ever read the Constitution or watched Schoolhouse Rock. (Here they have guidance from Armey, who explains that the problem with "people who do not cherish America the way we do" is that "they did not read the Federalist Papers.") Three: They are all furious at the implication that race is a factor in their political views — despite the fact that they blame the financial crisis on poor black homeowners, spend months on end engrossed by reports about how the New Black Panthers want to kill "cracker babies," support politicians who think the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was an overreach of government power, tried to enact South African-style immigration laws in Arizona and obsess over Charlie Rangel, ACORN and Barack Obama's birth certificate. Four: In fact, some of their best friends are black! (Reporters in Kentucky invented a game called "White Male Liberty Patriot Bingo," checking off a box every time a Tea Partier mentions a black friend.) And five: Everyone who disagrees with them is a radical leftist who hates America.

It would be inaccurate to say the Tea Partiers are racists. What they are, in truth, are narcissists. They're completely blind to how offensive the very nature of their rhetoric is to the rest of the country. I'm an ordinary middle-aged guy who pays taxes and lives in the suburbs with his wife and dog — and I'm a radical communist? I don't love my country? I'm a redcoat? Fuck you! These are the kinds of thoughts that go through your head as you listen to Tea Partiers expound at awesome length upon their cultural victimhood, surrounded as they are by America-haters like you and me or, in the case of foreign-born president Barack Obama, people who are literally not Americans in the way they are.

It's not like the Tea Partiers hate black people. It's just that they're shockingly willing to believe the appalling horseshit fantasy about how white people in the age of Obama are some kind of oppressed minority. That may not be racism, but it is incredibly, earth-shatteringly stupid.

Link -- Matt Taibbi on the Tea Party | Rolling Stone Politics

Last edited by a moderator:
More unbelievable hypocritical bullshit from tea baggers --

The individuals in the Tea Party may come from very different walks of life, but most of them have a few things in common. After nearly a year of talking with Tea Party members from Nevada to New Jersey, I can count on one hand the key elements I expect to hear in nearly every interview. One: Every single one of them was that exceptional Republican who did protest the spending in the Bush years, and not one of them is the hypocrite who only took to the streets when a black Democratic president launched an emergency stimulus program. ("Not me — I was protesting!" is a common exclamation.) Two: Each and every one of them is the only person in America who has ever read the Constitution or watched Schoolhouse Rock. (Here they have guidance from Armey, who explains that the problem with "people who do not cherish America the way we do" is that "they did not read the Federalist Papers.") Three: They are all furious at the implication that race is a factor in their political views — despite the fact that they blame the financial crisis on poor black homeowners, spend months on end engrossed by reports about how the New Black Panthers want to kill "cracker babies," support politicians who think the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was an overreach of government power, tried to enact South African-style immigration laws in Arizona and obsess over Charlie Rangel, ACORN and Barack Obama's birth certificate. Four: In fact, some of their best friends are black! (Reporters in Kentucky invented a game called "White Male Liberty Patriot Bingo," checking off a box every time a Tea Partier mentions a black friend.) And five: Everyone who disagrees with them is a radical leftist who hates America.

It would be inaccurate to say the Tea Partiers are racists. What they are, in truth, are narcissists. They're completely blind to how offensive the very nature of their rhetoric is to the rest of the country. I'm an ordinary middle-aged guy who pays taxes and lives in the suburbs with his wife and dog — and I'm a radical communist? I don't love my country? I'm a redcoat? Fuck you! These are the kinds of thoughts that go through your head as you listen to Tea Partiers expound at awesome length upon their cultural victimhood, surrounded as they are by America-haters like you and me or, in the case of foreign-born president Barack Obama, people who are literally not Americans in the way they are.

It's not like the Tea Partiers hate black people. It's just that they're shockingly willing to believe the appalling horseshit fantasy about how white people in the age of Obama are some kind of oppressed minority. That may not be racism, but it is incredibly, earth-shatteringly stupid.

Your so right, now you should point out all the great things Africans are doing in America to shut them all up.

I see american citizens that are doing many great things in this nation. One of them is our President. I see other American citizens that cannot get past their own blind bigotry.

Forum List

Back