The Sacrament of Penance

Why do you care? Are you one of those fundamentalists that believes that as long as you accept Jesus for your savior you can commit crimes with impunity? :eusa_eh:

No, and i don't need a man to intervene for me to God. I've got Jesus Christ to do that for me.
It is their job...Jesus gave it to them. If you have a problem with this, I suggest you take it up with Jesus.
He said therefore to them [the Apostles] again: Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, I also send you. When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them: and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

Now your saying they're apostles, blasphemy.

Here is what I have against the idea of penance and confession. Some things should never be forgiven. The idea that all you have to do is confess and get right with god is crap.

just saying.
Be that as it may...that you think it is crap...in reality you don't just have to confess, you also have to be contrite.

Being sorry you did the deed makes no difference that you did in fact do the deed. And just for clarity i am not talking about you day to day stuff, but the relay bad shit. Such as child molesting.

The "I am really sorry i got caught syndrome" or the "now i am feeling guilty syndrome" so now i'll just confess it all and get right with god just doesn't work for me.

Have you ever did something to someone you wished you hadn't, what if they never would forgive you, wouldn't that be awful.

do you think it wasn't also done traveling down the road? It took me weeks of soul searching preparing that 10 year check on my sins!

i am an excommunicated Catholic....because i remarried 6 years after my divorce of my first husband....my husband and I are non-denominational Christians....and have been for 20 years now....no confessions with the Priest....but part of me, misses it.

God takes confessions 24/7, great guy.

of course He does! There isn't a Catholic around that doesn't know this Froggy....and no one waits for the confessional booth to repent when they know they have sinned.....

confessing ones sins out loud to someone else is part of the catholic church's TRADITION....no foul, no harm....imo.

And a very healthy and healing tradition at that.

Forum List

Back