the Sabbath: Saturday or Sunday?

If you're Jewish, use Fri-Sat.

If you're Christian, use Sunday. But don't down someone else for their choice of days to worship.

No. I'm not doing that. I'm just curious as to which one is correct.
technically, the sabbath is sundown fri to sundown sat
but there are places where there is no "up/down"(arctic circle) and some Jews go by 5 pm to 5 pm
but the sabbath is always on sat based on the sundown to sundown
anyone calling sunday the sabbath isnt really understanding the fact that God doesnt change

If you're Jewish, use Fri-Sat.

If you're Christian, use Sunday. But don't down someone else for their choice of days to worship.

but there are places where there is no "up/down"(arctic circle) and some Jews go by 5 pm to 5 pm
anyone calling sunday the sabbath isnt really understanding the fact that God doesnt change
good point re. arctic circle.
but if god doesn't change, should we keep all the leviticus laws. ie. pork?

I thought it depends on how you count the days in the week!

Some start with Sunday others with Monday--and maybe some start on Friday??

I thought it depends on how you count the days in the week!

Some start with Sunday others with Monday--and maybe some start on Friday??

Sunday is the first day of the week. Saturday is the seventh.

good point re. arctic circle.
but if god doesn't change, should we keep all the leviticus laws. ie. pork?

In a word.........no.

In Hebrew the book is called Vayikra (Hebrew: ויקרא) literally "and He called",[3] from the first word of the Hebrew text, in line with the other four books of the Greek in the 3rd century BCE to produce the Septuagint, the name given was biblion to Levitikon (Greek: βιβλίον το Λευιτικόν), meaning "book of the Levites". This was in line with the Septuagint use of subject themes as book names. The Latin name became Liber Leviticus, from which the English name is derived. These names are somewhat misleading, as the book is in fact concerned mostly with the priesthood, descended from Aaron, mentioning mere Levites only once, in Lev. 25:32-33.

Leviticus is a manual for Jewish priests. Would you follow the rules of a Catholic padre if you weren't one?

As far as the pork thing? It's also referred to in the 613 Mitzvoht about not eating pork. But, if you understand what those rules were for (i.e. keeping humans alive), plus you understand that the technology to make pork safe to eat didn't exist yet?

Trichinosis is a serious deal y'all.

well, the ability to "kindle a fire" sure would make things more restful when it comes to cooking
lol

you're not supposed to cook. you prepare in advance. lol..
i know
but i like HOT food
LOL

Buy a crock pot, fill it with stuff like stew, chili, or whatever you like, turn it on before Shabbat starts, and turn it off when Shabbat is over.

Hot food for the whole time!

Forum List

Back